Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Donnie plan

Well, with RJ out of the way..........here is my Donnie plan.

Resign Kidd, Singleton, Hollins (MLE/LLE stuff used on Singleton and Hollins).

JHo +$3M +#22 to LAC for Kaman and Deandre Jordan

Damp + SWilliams or George + $3M to Utah for Kirilenko

Stack to Portland for Webster, Serg Rod, SNT Channing Frye.

LAC does it because it help their team out dramatically with position talent and $$$$. They get the #22 to replace Jordan from last year.

Portland does it because it saves them massive $$$ to tweak. Channing Frye gets a slight pay increase. They have to $$$ for Roy, Aldridge, Oden, Outlaw, Fernandez, Bayless, Batum, etc.

Utah does it because when Boozer leaves Millsap needs paid and they need a defender and rebounder + Sloan said that AK47 can't live up to his contract. Damp is a Sloan type player anyway basically in a contract year.

Dallas end up with a lineup of:

Kidd, Sergio Rodriquez, JJB
Webster, Terry, Wright
Kirilenko, Singleton
Dirk, Frye
Kaman, Hollins, Jordan

Now they aren't outsized all the time, and they have the talent and pieces to play basically any style. Much more athleticism as well, and a descent bench. And you haven't thrown all the marbles into one basket with ages.
Better defenders and more length.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Here's my Donnie plan:

Fire Donnie.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Is it too soon to start the "Fire Donnie" petition?! or is it 2 years too late...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I always ponder if Donnie's a lameduck to Cubes' decision making anyway or not. Mark takes all the credit for the Kidd trade. (which I'm not sure how much credit is really due but that's a played out debate)
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Why hasn't Cuban fired Donnie yet? Is Cuban just soft or what? The guy doesn't produce.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Why hasn't Cuban fired Donnie yet? Is Cuban just soft or what? The guy doesn't produce.
What's funny is, just a few years ago he was severely criticized for making too many moves and not allowing the team to gel.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 06-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #7
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

dalm I like your vigor but Stack for Webster, Serg Rod, SNT Channing Frye is a dream
The other scenarios can happen though. I know you're very big on AK, but I don't know.. he doesn't do it for me, I rather have a SG that makes as much money.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
dalm I like your vigor but Stack for Webster, Serg Rod, SNT Channing Frye is a dream
The other scenarios can happen though. I know you're very big on AK, but I don't know.. he doesn't do it for me, I rather have a SG that makes as much money.
Frye is leaving, IMO. Sergio Rod has already asked to be traded. Webster is coming off a year full of injuries.

I know Portland is one team that doesn't need the cash, but I can still see the trade happening, if Donnie can wheel and deal, and if that were the way they wanted to go.

OK, instead of AK what about GWallace? I just want a defensive guy with some offensive skills beside Dirk.........not an offensive guy who decides to play defense sometimes.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Quote:
if Donnie can wheel and deal
... wat?
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Yeah... I don't think it's on Donnie anymore.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:29 AM   #11
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
OK, instead of AK what about GWallace? I just want a defensive guy with some offensive skills beside Dirk.........not an offensive guy who decides to play defense sometimes.
What would we have to give up for Wallace? It hasn't been to popular on here, but I think S.Marion could be that guy.
tybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:24 AM   #12
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Here's Cubes :

And this one is Donnie:
Old 06-24-2009, 04:12 AM   #13
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Cuban and Donnie need to do something or we will possibly fail to make the playoffs next year.

The Ultimate plan on what Cuban and Donnie are probably doing:

Use MLE to get Dahntay Jones from Denver Nuggets and Andre Miller from Philadelphia 76ers. Trade Stack/Bass(S&T)/Cash to Atlanta Hawks for Josh Smith, he's 240 lbs and should be able to play some center alongside Ryan Hollins. Use the 1st Rd 22nd Pick on Eric Maynor from VCU. Trade Carroll/Wright/Williams/Cash to Philadelphia 76ers for Elton Brand/1st Rd Pk-Tyler Hansbrough. These moves will put us back to competing for one of the top four seeds in the Western Conference again. We try to re-sign Jason Kidd also.

Roster:

Jason Kidd/Dahntay Jones/Josh Howard/Dirk Nowitzki/Josh Smith
Andre Miller/Jason Terry/Shan Foster/Elton Brand/Ryan Hollins
JJ Barea/Tyler Hansbrough

Eric Dampier/Eric Maynor/Devean George

Acquisitions and New Additions in Bold

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 06-24-2009 at 04:47 AM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
Cuban and Donnie need to do something or we will possibly fail to make the playoffs next year.

The Ultimate plan on what Cuban and Donnie are probably doing:

Use MLE to get Dahntay Jones from Denver Nuggets and Andre Miller from Philadelphia 76ers. Trade Stack/Bass(S&T)/Cash to Atlanta Hawks for Josh Smith, he's 240 lbs and should be able to play some center alongside Ryan Hollins. Use the 1st Rd 22nd Pick on Eric Maynor from VCU. Trade Carroll/Wright/Williams/Cash to Philadelphia 76ers for Elton Brand/1st Rd Pk-Tyler Hansbrough. These moves will put us back to competing for one of the top four seeds in the Western Conference again. We try to re-sign Jason Kidd also.

Roster:

Jason Kidd/Dahntay Jones/Josh Howard/Dirk Nowitzki/Josh Smith
Andre Miller/Jason Terry/Shan Foster/Elton Brand/Ryan Hollins
JJ Barea/Tyler Hansbrough

Eric Dampier/Eric Maynor/Devean George

Acquisitions and New Additions in Bold
Sarcasm at it's finest........you gotta love it.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #15
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

^^^ I was about to say...

Last edited by Robillion; 06-24-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #16
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite Donnie plan so far is to fire Donnie. Since that won't happen then maybe the following series of trades...

1) JHo + Stack for GWallace + Felton
2) Carroll + SWilliams + #22 for Corey Maggette
3) JET + Damp for Rip + Rasheed (S&T) - (assumes Ben Gordon is no longer an option for the Pistons)
4) Use MLE or part of MLE for Dahntay Jones
5) Re-sign Kidd, Bass, and Hollins

JKidd/Felton
Rip/Dahntay/Wright
GWallace/Maggette
Dirk/Bass
Rasheed/Hollins/Bass

One huge problem is that you have just taken on a boatload of contracts (Rip, GWallace, Maggette) and you will still have Felton to sign in 2010-2011. But you have shooters (Rip, Rasheed), slashers (Maggette, Felton, GWallace), athletes (Dahntay, Felton and GWallace) and perimeter defenders (Dahntay and GWallace). Of course, it is a near overhaul and this is not what the dynamic duo (Cubehead and half-Nelson) have indicated......Fire away!!

Last edited by purplefrog; 06-24-2009 at 02:55 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #17
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

DONNIE PLAN:

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #18
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

I'm glad someone besides me like purple frog believes that this Dallas Mavericks team needs an overhaul as well; now if only Cuban and Donnie believe that too. Just one additional piece won't do. As long as we keep on throwing suggestions on here, maybe one or a few will eventually stick.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 06-24-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Here's Cubes :

And this one is Donnie:
I don't get it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #20
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
I'm glad someone besides me like purple frog believes that this Dallas Mavericks team needs an overhaul as well; now if only Cuban and Donnie believe that too. Just one additional piece won't do. As long as we keep on throwing suggestions on here, maybe one or a few will eventually stick.
There's a big difference between your plan and purplefrog's plan.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #21
eyedentifyme

Okay, that's fair.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #22
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I have a strong feeling we're rolling out the same team + 1 draft pick in 09 as we did in 08.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 06-25-2009 at 04:28 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #23
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

At this point I'm ready for change for the sake of change.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #24
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

To everybody that posted Donnie Plans in this thread:

Great job! You put in much more effort than the man himself.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #25
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

ummm GAC was just saying the mavs plan to announce tonight the return of diop for his third stint in dallas....please tell me this is a joke....please
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #26
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

So is Cubes getting payroll down in anticipation of selling the team or something? Seems like the heart is no longer in it.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #27
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayman View Post
ummm GAC was just saying the mavs plan to announce tonight the return of diop for his third stint in dallas....please tell me this is a joke....please
this would be amazingly... something?!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #28
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #29
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
can this have it's own thread please, just for comedy's sake? we need something to lift everyone's spirit's right now. maybe we can sign Devean George to another extension too. he is, after all, our best defender
Old 06-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #30
toby451

toby451 will become famous soon enough

Nah, after the burst out of laughter, randy said the diop trade was a joke.
toby451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #31
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=toby451;1009052]Nah, after the burst out of laughter, randy said the diop trade was a joke.[/QUO
thank baby jesus
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #32
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby451 View Post
Nah, after the burst out of laughter, randy said the diop trade was a joke.
damn is was actually excited about that
Old 06-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #33
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Back to the Donnie plan:

New plan, but this one is under the assumption that JHo is core, and they aren't getting moving him.

Damp, Stack, SWilliams, and $3M to NO for Peja and Chandler -- I am not sure how they wouldn't jump at this one if they really have $$$ concerns.

George + $3M to GS for Acie Law. -- not sure if they would or not, but I think it is possible - depends on how much GS really wanted Acie and whether George would play along.

JET to Detroit for SNT Rasheed Wallace. -- Maybe, I have no idea.

split the MLE money to sign Hollins, Singleton, Channing Frye.

Use Birds rights to sign Kidd.

Kidd, Law, JJB, Frenchie
JHo, Wright, Carroll
Peja, Singleton
Dirk, Frye
Sheed, Chandler, Hollins

Need a few shooters, JJB-Carroll-Peja-Dirk-Sheed -- JJB could live at the rim because they would have to keep all the defense on the circle.
#2 Group of Law, Wright, Singleton, Frye, Chandler is awfully athletic.

Lineup of Law, Wright, Singleton, Sheed, Chandler could play some D.

A little weak defensively, IMO, but it would be fun to watch.

There, I have wasted another 20 minutes thinking about a different lineup that "could be", and spent another imaginary big chunk of Cubans money.

Late in games with Kidd, JHo, Peja, Dirk, and Sheed would be fun though. Having three bigs with that much range would drive teams nuts.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #34
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

as of right now idc what his plan is im jus ready for him to do something!!!!!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #35
dalmations202
Diamond Member

New Plan since we have the Yao news.

Damp/Stack/Carroll/future 2nd round picks for TMac and Battier.

Saves Houston massive millions in order to rebuild.

JHo and cash to LAC for Kaman.
Resign Kidd

MLE/LLE to Singleton, Hollins, Channing Frye

Kidd, JJB, Booby
TMac, Terry, Wright
Battier, Singleton
Dirk, Frye
Kaman, Hollins

PG - Playmaker with Kidd or JJB
SG - scoring TMac and Terry defense Wright
SF - defensive stalwarts who won't kill you on the offensive end
PF - Dirk and a long athletic backup
C - balanced defensive and offensive guys.

They just stepped back up to the upper echelon IF TMac/Kaman could stay healthy.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #36
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

You can probably get by with signing Singleton and Hollins with the vet minimum. Save the MLE for a bigger piece elsewhere.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #37
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

I don't know if Cuban has a wink wink from one of the class of 2010 free agents Bosh/James but is obvious that the guy is not willing to add any salary beyond this year, He could have made a better offer to the Bucks for Jefferson. He is probably targeting guys like Ray Allen, T-Mac and Joe Johnson and to a lesser degree Larry Hughes and Brad Miller and suit up a competitive team in the floor next season and call it quits until 2010.

Joe Johnson will be great but more than likely a pipedream. Ray Allen fit the proverbial perenial all star but I don't know what the celtics will like in return?..T-Mac is a broken down horse but even Grant Hill made a great recovery but if heathy a wise rental for a year at least...Will the Rockets be willing to take a package that includes Terry? who knows.

I don't think that Cubes is going to trade Damp or for that matter Bass will more likely receives great offers from the Thunders or Magic with the opportunity to start. Probably the more likely scenario will be Hughes and Miller, very dissapointing if that is the case.

I will love to get Ray Allen here and Brad Miller and call it quits as long as we can resign Kidd along with Dirk and Howard and have a two monster Center of Damp and Miller, the problem is we don't have the pieces unless somehow Bass could be include in a S&T and that is very unlikely because of the BCY.

I hope am wrong but get ready for Larry Hughes starting for our Dallas Mavs.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #38
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
New Plan since we have the Yao news.

Damp/Stack/Carroll/future 2nd round picks for TMac and Battier.

Saves Houston massive millions in order to rebuild.

JHo and cash to LAC for Kaman.
Resign Kidd

MLE/LLE to Singleton, Hollins, Channing Frye

Kidd, JJB, Booby
TMac, Terry, Wright
Battier, Singleton
Dirk, Frye
Kaman, Hollins

PG - Playmaker with Kidd or JJB
SG - scoring TMac and Terry defense Wright
SF - defensive stalwarts who won't kill you on the offensive end
PF - Dirk and a long athletic backup
C - balanced defensive and offensive guys.

They just stepped back up to the upper echelon IF TMac/Kaman could stay healthy.
I really like that, but I highly doubt it will happen. Houston is in the same division, they want to drop McLady, but they will never give us Battier (same with Artest). Sure, that will save millions concerning their payroll, but obtaining crap just for a salary dump?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #39
Zki41

My plan involves Detroit signing Ben Gordon and Portland signing Hedo Turkoglu

1) Trade Dampier for Rip Hamilton straight up (Detroit needs a new center, and Gordon would essentially replace Hamilton who would not want to come off the bench. Dampier has his non-guaranteed contract as well, which helps Detroit in the summer of 2010 to add another coveted free agent).
2) Sign Gortat using MLE
3) Trade for Rudy Fernandez ($1 million contract - we could use any scraps we have for this as he is unhappy with Portland attempting to sign Turkoglu).
4) Utilize the Stackhouse contract with one of our current shooters swing men (Terry, Wright, etc.) for a wingmen/athletic defender type of player
Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #40
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
My plan involves Detroit signing Ben Gordon and Portland signing Hedo Turkoglu

1) Trade Dampier for Rip Hamilton straight up (Detroit needs a new center, and Gordon would essentially replace Hamilton who would not want to come off the bench. Dampier has his non-guaranteed contract as well, which helps Detroit in the summer of 2010 to add another coveted free agent).
2) Sign Gortat using MLE
3) Trade for Rudy Fernandez ($1 million contract - we could use any scraps we have for this as he is unhappy with Portland attempting to sign Turkoglu).
4) Utilize the Stackhouse contract with one of our current shooters swing men (Terry, Wright, etc.) for a wingmen/athletic defender type of player
This is a pretty good plan, and not that far fetched. I'd be willing to put Terry into a deal, too, if necessary to get a swingman, since Fernandez is going to be your new sixth man.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote