Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #161
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Breaking Bad and GOT aren't really comparable. Apples and oranges.
That's a silly statement. I can compare apples and oranges easily enough.. I can compare which I like better between Breaking Bad and GOT easily enough as well.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #162
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I dropped Mad Men about 4-5 episodes in..
That's a shame, but at the same time, by that point you pretty much know what the show is.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #163
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Some shows that are big hits, I just didn't care for.. Sopranos..Friends.. Mad Men.. couldn't care less about any of those..
Old 08-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #164
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Can't speak for Murph, but I really enjoyed the first 4 seasons of House, but it went down hill (for me) really quickly starting in season 5. I watched out of habit for a while and then completely bailed for the last couple seasons.
Quote:
It went down hill quickly about the time 13 joined the show.. There were cracks prior to that, but that was pretty much the damn breaking in my opinion.

It's the type of show that you can just watch until you don't like it anymore and give it up without worrying about how things ended.. All you have then do is just watch the last couple of episodes and you'll be fine. But the leads in that show are tremendous and I absolutely recommend it. The guy that plays House is a freaking genius..
Re: House, I pretty much co-sign everything these guys said, although I think the show actually started to decline a bit after Thirteen joined.

The first four seasons are very strong. Seasons 1 and 2 each had a couple pinnacle episodes that were truly incredible. The first part of the two-part episode to end Season 4 (I won't say too much, but the episode that takes place entirely at night and involves the bus crash) is one of the best-conceived hours of television drama I've ever seen.

The show peaked there, and it falls off a cliff incredibly fast after that. Season 5 was definitely the beginning of the end for me as well.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 08-15-2013 at 01:12 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #165
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I liked just about every season of house except when he was hooked up with cuddy. That was a whip.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #166
Murphy3
Guru

I couldn't stand #13.. hated every second she was on the screen.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #167
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

This thread needs more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8rFlt_ICEU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYqHcbx9Q0w

Last edited by Ninkobei; 08-15-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #168
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone watch The Bridge on FX? Not bad and has a good feel/style to it. Diane Kruger is weird in it, but it is some of the best acting that I've seen from her. My dad grew up in El Paso so I suppose that helps with my interest in the show.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #169
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I have the whole show collecting dust on my DVR. I want to watch it but I haven't really found the time yet.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #170
Murphy3
Guru

I've heard good things about it and I like DK... have to give it a shot.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #171
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyone watch The Bridge on FX? Not bad and has a good feel/style to it. Diane Kruger is weird in it, but it is some of the best acting that I've seen from her. My dad grew up in El Paso so I suppose that helps with my interest in the show.
Yeah i mentioned it on the last page. FIRST!

I like it - it has a ton of characters and storylines, and is very interesting.

Kruger plays a cop with Aspbergers, and she is really good in the role. Overall, the acting is top notch (except for Lyle Lovett. Not sure who thought that was a good idea. - i know he's acted before, but he brings the show down every time he's on screen.)

Matthew Lillard and Jane Gumb are real bright spots, too.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 08-19-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #172
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Yeah i mentioned it on the last page. FIRST!

I like it - it has a ton of characters and storylines, and is very interesting.

Kruger plays a cop with Aspbergers, and she is really good in the role. Overall, the acting is top notch (except for Lyle Lovett. Not sure who thought that was a good idea. - i know he's acted before, but he brings the show down every time he's on screen.)

Matthew Lillard and Jane Gumb are real bright spots, too.
Sorry, must have skimmed over that post. It's a good show that gets better with every episode.

And come on, who watched Breaking Bad last night? Epic.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #173
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Embarrassed to say that I'm in the 5th season of Friday Night Lights. Nice to get Todd's backstory and to find out that Wallace was sent to Texas rather than executed. Where's Wallace, String?

Last edited by FreshJive; 09-18-2013 at 01:39 AM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #174
Murphy3
Guru

I love Friday Night Lights... great show.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #175
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Game of Thrones never fails to impress... I was wondering why they called it the "Purple Wedding" - I kept looking for purple adornments in the wedding hall, but I didn't get my answer until the very end of the episode. A classic whodunnit on GoT. I love it!

And please nobody spoil this episode for others, nor the mystery going forward.... Spoiling Game of Thrones has damn-near become a national past time.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #176
Murphy3
Guru

Ah, I was curious as to when this event would pop up. I've read the books, but it has been awhile. I haven't seen last night's episode yet. I suppose I have something to look forward to.

As to the series on the whole.. I think they've done a good job for the most part, but it sometimes drags. But in fairness, the author drags at times as well.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #177
Murphy3
Guru

Ah, I was curious as to when this event would pop up. I've read the books, but it has been awhile. I haven't seen last night's episode yet. I suppose I have something to look forward to.

As to the series on the whole.. I think they've done a good job for the most part, but it sometimes drags. But in fairness, the author drags at times as well.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:17 AM   #178
Frank_Wang

Frank_Wang is on a distinguished road

House of Cards!
Frank_Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #179
fandango88

fandango88 is on a distinguished road

Call me corny but I just watch 2 and a half men on demand lol
fandango88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #180
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango88 View Post
Call me corny but I just watch 2 and a half men on demand lol
Corny isn't really the word I'd use for that.

Really liked the first episode of Mad Men this year. Liked GoT's second episode a lot better than the first. I watch Game of Thrones, but I still have a lot of problems with its pacing and such. There are too many episodes in which little to nothing interesting happens. I'll be excited for what happens in the penultimate episode of this season (which has featured "the moment" of every season), but am worried that too little will happen until we get to that point.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 04-17-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:18 PM   #181
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Game of Thrones has nothing on the Mavs
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:19 AM   #182
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Corny isn't really the word I'd use for that.

Really liked the first episode of Mad Men this year. Liked GoT's second episode a lot better than the first. I watch Game of Thrones, but I still have a lot of problems with its pacing and such. There are too many episodes in which little to nothing interesting happens. I'll be excited for what happens in the penultimate episode of this season (which has featured "the moment" of every season), but am worried that too little will happen until we get to that point.
I completely bailed on Mad Men. I think I made it most of the way through season 1..
Old 06-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #183
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Game of Thrones, please stop being such an asshole to all of my favorite characters.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-02-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #184
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Dear Game of Thrones, please stop being such an asshole to all of my favorite characters.
Great episode. I admire writers who aren't afraid to kill off main/good characters...although GOT does it perhaps a little too much.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #185
Underdog

Quote:
Great episode. I admire writers who aren't afraid to kill off main/good characters...although GOT does it perhaps a little too much.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #186
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Honestly, show (person that died) is better than book (person that died). Actor/actress owned that part. Knowing it was coming, I laughed really hard at how ridiculous it was.

(removed name just in case)

Not very excited for next week's episode, but really pumped for #10.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #187
spreedom
Diamond Member

Wanting to give Fargo a shot, but I might wait a few weeks and binge watch the entire season/series. It's confirmed as a one-season, 10-episode run, right?

Probably going to finally get to The Bridge.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #188
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Wanting to give Fargo a shot, but I might wait a few weeks and binge watch the entire season/series. It's confirmed as a one-season, 10-episode run, right?

Probably going to finally get to The Bridge.
Fargo is surprisingly good. Wasn't sure how it would work, but all of the characters and acting are very strong. Easily one of Billy Bob Thornton's best roles of his career.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #189
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Watching Orphan Black now. Started one 44min episode last night. Tonight I'm on #5. Very addictive.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #190
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Silicon Valley is one of my favorite new shows to come along in a long time. Granted, it's right in my wheel house, so maybe I'm biased. But I love it. And I love Mike Judge.

Also, I finally started catching up on The Americans. That show is damn good. Really damn good.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-04-2014 at 08:50 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #191
Murphy3
Guru

I just caught up on The Americans last night. Amazing show. I'll have to give Silicon Valley a shot.. Loved King of the Hill, Idiocracy, and Office Space...
Old 06-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #192
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Americans is great - and i haven't watched any of this season yet... Just so much stuff to do! I'll binge-watch in a week or so, i'm sure!
Old 06-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #193
Underdog

House of Cards = Game of Thrones in the modern world if Littlefinger was the main character.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #194
Murphy3
Guru

The Leftovers... definitely not off to a good start.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #195
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
The Leftovers... definitely not off to a good start.
Yeah, I watched the first episode and gave up after that. Pretty boring and kinda stupid.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #196
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Just finished season 1 of Silicon Valley. Very entertaining and very Mike Judge (if you like his stuff)
Old 07-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #197
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

If any of you get a chance, check out Generation War on Netflix (and a few other streamers). It is hands down one of the best dramatic miniseries I have ever seen. So rare to find a WW2 series from the German perspective.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #198
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Good lord, HBO renewed the Leftovers. Really unbelievable. I'm sorry, but that is up there with John From Cincinnati as HBO's worst shows ever.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #199
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Good lord, HBO renewed the Leftovers. Really unbelievable. I'm sorry, but that is up there with John From Cincinnati as HBO's worst shows ever.
I actually kind of like it, but I have no idea why. I'm never in the mood for something that morose and the story reveals itself way too slowly. Still, some interesting ideas and some good acting-- just slow with a hard tone to enjoy.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:47 PM   #200
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

I'm really enjoying Game of Thrones, House of Cards, and Orange is the New Black best of current shows. Difficult to compete with The Wire and Breaking Bad. This may really be the Golden Age of television. Of course, there are plenty bad shows on too.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote