Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-11-2007, 03:11 AM   #1
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute
Default Game Day Thread: DALLAS COWBOYS vs. new york giants

GO COWBOYS!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 03:14 AM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Two TD's for Owens
Two sacks for Ware

Cowboys win by 4
24-20

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:40 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys win by four? You are crazy. This is going to be a massacre! I predict Dallas 31-10.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:41 AM   #4
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Cowboys win by four? You are crazy. This is going to be a massacre! I predict Dallas 31-10.
Yah, now write us up one of those 300 quotes so I can put in in my away message on AIM.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 11-11-2007, 03:57 AM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree.

The Giants have had, if this is even possible, a softer schedule than the cowboys.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:09 AM   #6
ty
Diamond Member

Their meagerly 6 wins come from teams with a combined record of 13-36. When calculated together, those teams they beat have a 26.5% chance of winning each week.

Their two losses come from the Cowboys and Packers, who both have 7-1 records. Go figure.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:22 AM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Yah, now write us up one of those 300 quotes so I can put in in my away message on AIM.
Even in their own haunts, the Giants of New York will find it impossible to escape the carnage wreaked by the warriors from the south. The blood from their entrails will stain the streets from every pore, their dead and dying organs will clog the Meadowlands with the last sad and pitiful throes of their lifeless bodies, their spirits will be overtaken by the good will of the righteous warriors from God's chosen town.

His name shall be known throughout the land, and He shall let it be known that all those who align themselves with the Lord emerge victorious, while those who don't suffer the grave and ignominious defeat of the soldier-in-name-only who pretends to bear arms but in truth cowers in the face of the battle at hand.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:50 AM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I am fairly sure (in spite of many MANY proclamations from athletes) that GOD has nothing to do with sporting events, and is a willing spectator like the rest of us.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:53 AM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I am fairly sure (in spite of many MANY proclamations from athletes) that GOD has nothing to do with sporting events, and is a willing spectator like the rest of us.

...unless it's his Cowboys...

(he might get all "David Stern" on this team & hand us a Super Bowl victory against the Pats, Miami Heat-style!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Even in their own haunts, the Giants of New York will find it impossible to escape the carnage wreaked by the warriors from the south. The blood from their entrails will stain the streets from every pore, their dead and dying organs will clog the Meadowlands with the last sad and pitiful throes of their lifeless bodies, their spirits will be overtaken by the good will of the righteous warriors from God's chosen town.

His name shall be known throughout the land, and He shall let it be known that all those who align themselves with the Lord emerge victorious, while those who don't suffer the grave and ignominious defeat of the soldier-in-name-only who pretends to bear arms but in truth cowers in the face of the battle at hand.
"I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT." -T.O.

Contact Me
Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #11
alby
Guru

Jerry Jones said the new stadium will have the famous hole in the roof so God can watch his team play.

Jerry Jones never lies.

Contact Me
Old 11-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #12
alby
Guru

ty, your first ever Cowboys GDT. Don't mess it up!

Contact Me
Old 11-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Let the extreme overrating of the Giants be debunked.

This probably won't even be close.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

Boy, how quickly did we just move down the field against them. This slaughter is going to be quick and painless.

Well, not exactly painless.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #15
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I somehow get the feeling that, even though Jones has 2 carries for 28 yards, he'll end up with 20 carries for 60 yards like he usually does.

It's gotten to that point for him.

But good looking first drive, nonetheless!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Why don't teams jam up the Dallas WR's at the line rather than give them that ridiculous cushion? I'ts too easy. The NFC is such a joke....
Old 11-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

O-VER RA-TED clap, clap, clap clap clap
Old 11-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #18
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

This Giants defense looks as porous as it did in week 1.

Last edited by untitled; 11-11-2007 at 04:22 PM.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #19
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

i hope we can damage eli
Old 11-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

Damn, Romo is lightning quick!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Now comes the part where the Giants take a bunch of penalties and stop themselves without dallas having to do anything.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #22
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Romo just schooled whoever it was that tried to tackle him before that pass. I nearly lost my breath when he let go of it - did anyone else? "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU THROW THAT? THE GUY WOULD HAVE TO BE COMPLETELY UNCOVERED TO CATCH THAT!"
Old 11-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

They can't even line up and call a play. How in the hell do they beat anyone?

dallas is truly blessed to be in the NFC.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #24
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
Romo just schooled whoever it was that tried to tackle him before that pass. I nearly lost my breath when he let go of it - did anyone else? "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU THROW THAT? THE GUY WOULD HAVE TO BE COMPLETELY UNCOVERED TO CATCH THAT!"
True. And I still can't figure out if Romo sold that dive or if he was really going to dive.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #25
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Flopping in football - it just seems wrong.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #26
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Brandon Jacobs is going to get his neck broken in this game. You might flop in basketball, but you don't flop like that in football and get away with it.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #27
alby
Guru

worst

Contact Me
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #28
alby
Guru

safety

Contact Me
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #29
alby
Guru

in

Contact Me
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #30
alby
Guru

the

Contact Me
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #31
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

dallas is apparently going to have good field position all day. The giants kickoff coverage is god awful.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #32
alby
Guru

nfl

Contact Me
Old 11-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #33
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
worst safety in the nfl
I thought that was actually just a really good throw/catch. Good timing. I don't think Ronnie Lott could have done anything about that one.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Gift...gift gift gift gift.

Merry xmas cowboys. Once again, you don't even have to try.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #35
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Hamlin is really a damn good strong safety. Think how good he'd be if he wasn't playing so out of position!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

More gifts. 15 free yards.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #37
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Gift...gift gift gift gift.

Merry xmas cowboys. Once again, you don't even have to try.
Dude, you are sucking the life right out of me!!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

Folk is a bad mo-fo. Excellent draft choice, Jerry!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I predict 2 more Eli picks today.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

lol idiotic Giants bumbling into eachother can't block anyone.