Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-17-2004, 12:01 PM   #1
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road
Default i hope i don't get bashed for this

ok, i'm new to the forum, and well, this is my first time thinking up a trade. hope it don't suck so bad

Dallas trades: SG Michael Finley (17.0 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 31.6 minutes)
PG Jason Terry (11.6 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 3.9 apg in 27.5 minutes)
Dallas receives: Jason Kidd (No games yet played in 2004/05)
SF Richard Jefferson (23.0 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.5 apg in 42.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -5.6 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and -1.8 apg.

New Jersey trades: Jason Kidd (No games yet played in 2004/05)
New Jersey receives: SG Michael Finley (17.0 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 31.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +5.6 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and +1.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and New Jersey being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and New Jersey had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out unless trade exceptions were used for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

why do the mavs do this? with the teams depth at the 2 and 3, and finley aging we can afford to trade him. pretty much we lose an old sg, for an old pg. and we get an all star quality 3 in jefferson, and gives us more durability and toughness and athletiscism.

why does new jersey do it? they lose disgruntled star Ason Kidd, and Get the chance to Rebuild around finley (who won't likely complain), and a much younger than kidd, jason terry. and they get to dump kidd's monster contract on us.

Dallas

C - Dampier/Bradley/Booth
PF - Nowitzki/ Henderson/Mbenga
SF - Richard Jefferson/ Josh Howard
SG - Marquis Daniels/ Stackhouse
PG - Jason Kidd/ Devin Harris

this is my first try so... yea. hope u guys like!
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2004, 12:21 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:i hope i don't get bashed for this

Realgm says:

Dallas trades: SG Michael Finley (17.0 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 31.6 minutes)
Tariq Abdul-Wahad (No games yet played in 2004/05)
Change in team outlook: -5.6 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and -1.8 apg.

New Jersey receives: SG Michael Finley (17.0 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 31.6 minutes)
Tariq Abdul-Wahad (No games yet played in 2004/05)
Change in team outlook: +5.6 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and +1.8 apg.

TRADE DECLINED

Due to Dallas and New Jersey being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and New Jersey had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only Dallas met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
Azn_Baller101

i edited it and removed TAW, does that help even out the pay roll? btw, how do u find out their salaries??
Old 11-17-2004, 12:32 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Azn_Baller101
i edited it and removed TAW, does that help even out the pay roll? btw, how do u find out their salaries??

It is wrong every once in a while, but go to www.realgm.com and click on trade checker.

Great tool for trades.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 11-17-2004, 12:36 PM   #5
Azn_Baller101

thanks man! i tried it! trade approved now! yes!

what u think? sounds like a win win to me seeing how new jersey is looking to rebuild.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:

what u think? sounds like a win win to me seeing how new jersey is looking to rebuild.
I don't think Jefferson is going anywhere. I don't think they would try to rebuild around Finley, at his age. I think you are more likely to see something like this: IF anything were to happen.

Dallas trades: PF Alan Henderson (3.0 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 17.4 minutes)
C Calvin Booth (0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.3 apg in 2.3 minutes)
C Alonzo Mourning (11.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 26.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -2.8 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and -4.3 apg.

New Jersey receives: PF Alan Henderson (3.0 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 17.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.8 ppg, -0.2 rpg, and +4.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

This way NJ gets out from under 2 contracts they don't want. Get an expiring contract in Henderson back. A Big in Booth, and a guy to build around in Terry.

Not sure that Mark wants to take the chance on Kidd/Mourning though with age and injuries.

** your trade would probably in the long run be better for the Mavs, but I just don't see it happening from a NJ standpoint.

Old 11-17-2004, 01:44 PM   #7
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:*edited* fin,jet,kidd,RJ....

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:

I don't think Jefferson is going anywhere. I don't think they would try to rebuild around Finley, at his age. I think you are more likely to see something like this: IF anything were to happen.

New Jersey receives: PF Alan Henderson (3.0 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 17.4 minutes)

TRADE ACCEPTED

This way NJ gets out from under 2 contracts they don't want. Get an expiring contract in Henderson back. A Big in Booth, and a guy to build around in Terry.

Not sure that Mark wants to take the chance on Kidd/Mourning though with age and injuries.

** your trade would probably in the long run be better for the Mavs, but I just don't see it happening from a NJ standpoint.
Considering the fact Mourning is playing quite well and if Kidd were to come back healthy and at least 90% of his old self, I really like this trade.

Terry is good but after watching the last few games, it's obvious that we need a true playmaking PG. Kidd's a poor shooter but a great passer, defender and rebounder. We'd be the favorites for several years to come with this lineup:

Damp/Mourning/Bradley
Dirk/JHo/DJ
JHo/Stack
Fin/Quis
Kidd/Harris

Hope it happens.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:01 PM   #8
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

figure a way out to get rid of bradley
Old 11-17-2004, 02:28 PM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
That almost makes as much sense as voting for Kerry.

Old 11-17-2004, 02:45 PM   #10
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
That almost makes as much sense as voting for Kerry.
lol ')

Old 11-17-2004, 04:29 PM   #11
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'd keep Bradley over Booth. He knows the system better and can be a nice anchor in the middle when we play zone which could be quite handy while playing athletic teams.

Old 11-17-2004, 04:33 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: *edited* fin,jet,kidd,RJ....

If we git rid of Bradley, and Dampier has injury problems all year we will be in huge trouble. That would be a mistake that would be hard to recover from.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:08 PM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:

TRADE ACCEPTED

I really like this trade as well but I dont see Cuban doing this because of the high risks involved. It would be very nice having someone of Mourning's caliber coming off of the bench behind Damp and having a pg combo of Kidd and Harris, but there are too many questions surrounding this move.

I can see NJ doing this if their team continues to play in the dumps but doing so would be an official rebuilding statement. That is something that's hard to do when you've been so successful in the recent past.

Overall, it would be good for us but dont count on this one happening.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:19 PM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
I really like this trade as well but I dont see Cuban doing this because of the high risks involved.
This is my thought as well, and Cuban would probably be correct. If things worked out on the other hand, these two would probably put you over the top. Do the Mavs, as currently constructed, have the pieces to get over the top?

Old 11-17-2004, 09:31 PM   #15
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
I really like this trade as well but I dont see Cuban doing this because of the high risks involved.
This is my thought as well, and Cuban would probably be correct. If things worked out on the other hand, these two would probably put you over the top. Do the Mavs, as currently constructed, have the pieces to get over the top?
Good question. I would have said 'yes' before last night but Nash reminded me what a good passing PG could do for a team. Guys like Damp, JHo, etc., who cannot create their own shot would benefit tremendously with Kidd handling the ball. It's no open secret why every Center & PF in the league want to play with Kidd. In fact, Spurs & Duncan almost gave up on Parker while courting Kidd. And we all know Parker is no slouch.

The only risk as I see is if Kidd's knee recovers fully or not. And I'd say let's wait a couple months to find out. We do the deal only if we're convinced he's healthy.

Kidd's contract is ugly but it's Cuban's money and I'm sure he wouldn't mind as long as the deal puts us a step or two closer to the title.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:56 PM   #16
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

After tonight's rediculous loss, this trade is looking a lot more enticing.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:59 AM   #17
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
After tonight's rediculous loss, this trade is looking a lot more enticing.
If you do the Booth, Terry, Henderson deal, it kind of makes sense. I admit that it is also very very risky. If Harris is your future PG, then why not have Kidd to learn from. Terry is a good player, but he isn't the floor general Kidd is, and you aren't really worried about Kidd's offense on this team anyway.

That leaves you also trading Booth/Henderson for Mourning. I think Mourning (when healthy) is better than either. He provide better offense and defense (at least when he was in his prime). Very risky, but the payoff could very well be a championship.

Here is my question? If Dirk goes down, who would you rather have Terry/Booth/Henderson or Kidd/Mourning?

Glad it is not my decision -- too much risk.