Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-06-2008, 06:31 AM   #41
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Well, I wonder if there was no better deal on the table for Marion, but Otoh, just as CJ mentioned, the Suns were obviously looking to trade for a Center, and that makes a Shaq move kinda logcal.

I´d love to see Shaq hammering Kobe every now and then just for sentimental reasons (too bad, Kobe´s just too fast for nowadays Shaq to even hammer the rapist)
Old 02-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #42
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Phoenix didn't think they could beat LA anymore, so they decided to go a different direction huh. I am not sure how Shaq will do in the run and gun, but we shall see.

I am guessing that they put in a more conventional offense with Shaq at C, Amare and Diaw at the forward spots, Bell and Nash and Barbosa at guard. Depth is questionable, but they just became a very nasty conventional team.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #43
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

So now Dirk will have to try and guard Amare while Damp tries to occupy Shaq? That's not going to be a pretty sight...
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrewsfan
So now Dirk will have to try and guard Amare while Damp tries to occupy Shaq? That's not going to be a pretty sight...

Damp can hold his own against Shaq and I doubt Dirk is going to be any worse against Stoudemire than he already was against Marion...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #45
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Shaq goes to the suns, OMG~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #46
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrewsfan
I can't see it being any uglier than Amare or Shaq trying to guard Dirk.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #47
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
I can't see it being any uglier than Amare or Shaq trying to guard Dirk.
Actually, that might just be comical. We could be looking at Dirk teasing us with a few more 50 point games against Phoenix when it's all said and done.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #48
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

I can't believe they got a deal this good for Shaq. Incredible.

And I don't know why Pheonix woudl make it. Shaq is not a fit with them... the whole deal is just incredibly stupid from the Suns perspective.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #49
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the fact Marion plays every game and Wade spends half the season on the bench each year, it looks like Marion will fulfill his dream of being the only decent player on the court most of the time.

Meanwhile, Shaq will promise the Suns a championship and get booed off the stage.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #50
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I don´t really know which side this deal uses more... I´d never trade Marion for Shaq.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #51
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Bad deal for Suns. Shaq is too old and can´t stick with the pace of the Suns. Shaq can stay under the Suns basket, because till he will get to the opponents basket, his new teammates will have finished their offense and will already be on the way back to defense.

Good deal for the Heat.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #52
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

bahahahahah is all i gotta say. Replace the Suns with the Lakers in the usual standings. Now I believe the Mavs will be number 1 in standings again. and that is kinda unbelievable.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote