Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-24-2004, 07:42 PM   #1
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default 2-1 that gets a PF

This trade is not huge but it gets the mavs a good backup PF while trimmig our roster (even though Jon could be cut)

Dallas trades: Jon Stefansson ( ppg, rpg, apg in minutes)
C Calvin Booth (4.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.0 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Jerome Williams (6.2 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.3 ppg, +3.1 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

New York trades: PF Jerome Williams (6.2 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.1 minutes)
New York receives: Jon Stefansson ( ppg, rpg, apg in games)
C Calvin Booth (4.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 71 games)
Change in team outlook: -1.3 ppg, -3.1 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

NY- they have plenty of PF (sweetny, KT, Vin Baker) and only Nazr M. to play center. They can just cut steff for immediate cap relief.

Dal- Williams is better suited to play PF than Booth IMO. I think this trade helps us a lot. JYD (junk-yard dog) plays great D and rebounds like crazy. Good fit.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:2-1 that gets a PF

1) Zeke won't take Stef.

2) I'd prefer Booth as a C playing out-of-posiition as a PF, than Williams playing as an undertalented PF.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:43 PM   #3
Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 2-1 that gets a PF

JYD would take Najera's place a a hustle guy. Plus, have you seen this guys off season training program?? It makes boot camp look like club med! I for one would LOVE to see JYD here.
Dirk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Defenitly,the move trimms the roster,and reduces the tension at center+we get a normal PF to back-up Dirk.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:31 AM   #5
GoMavsGo

GoMavsGo is on a distinguished road

id do that deal in a heartbeat.
GoMavsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:41 AM   #6
Sweet Daddy

Sweet Daddy is on a distinguished road

This is exactly the type of trade we need now. A solid backup for Dirk who can live with short minutes and doesn't have an attitude. Good trade, Fin.
Sweet Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:11 AM   #7
DCowboysGal

DCowboysGal is on a distinguished road

Jerome Williams is a little undersized for PF at 6'9", 225 lbs, but he's an athletic and energetic Doberman of a rebounder who'd provide a great spark off the bench. Adding his defensive rebounding skills would create more fast break opportunities for DAL. Williams doesn't have a jump shot to speak of but he's a leaper who is a great finisher on the fast break. After having been caged for years in CHI and TOR, he'd probably be really pumped up playing for a team that has a shot to go deep into the playoffs. I caught a bunch of Raptors games and Williams never failed to hustle even when the Raps got well behind in a game or when the game was meaningless as the team had no chance of making it into the postseason. He was always upbeat and positive and was a real fan favorite in TOR.
DCowboysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:21 AM   #8
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

I think 6'9" 225 is a average size for a PF. I agree with everything else that you said. His hustle would be much appreciated on this team and if I were Donnie... this would be an ideal guy for the mavs to backup Dirk.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote