Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future
Default WTF? Artest suspended for Game 2.

Sacramento’s Ron Artest Suspended

NEW YORK, April 24, 2006 – Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings has been suspended one game without pay for making forearm contact to the head of Manu Ginobili of the San Antonio Spurs, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred with 9:07 remaining in the third period of the Spurs’ 122-88 win over the visiting Kings at AT&T Center on April 22. Artest will miss Game 2 of the series, which will be played at the AT&T Center on Tuesday, April 25

Somebody has to remind me where the game suspending foul occured because I didn't see it. I know Artest is on a short leash but goodness. Looks like its going to be a sweep for the Spurs.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 04-24-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I guess the refs and the league didn't care about Eddie Jones taking out Jet last night either.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Well if Eddie is going to get one expect it to come tomorrow lol. Talk about a low blow. You prepare for the next game the you find out your best player is out.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing worse than someone with a borderline personality disorder who thinks the world is against him-- and is right.

What a poorly-handled affair.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

I sort of thought it was a bit disturbing when someone who was calling the game said the refs were intentionally giving Artest fouls that maybe other players wouldn't have gotten so that Aldeman could get Artest out of the game. Is that really what the referees go through? I'd like to hope not. Its clear the refs were trying to send a message. You give him a fine. Granted, it probably wouldn't have hurt him one bit but you don't suspended a guy for a possibly series ending game. With the Kings being the away team they have to go for the steal on the road.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Not all that big a deal, since it's another road game for the Kings. If the Kings are going to have a chance in the series, they are probably going to have to hold their own at home and see what they can do in a seventh game.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

The foul was in the 3rd quarter. Artest put a forearm to Ginobili's head. It was a hard foul, but even as a Spurs fan I thought it was borderline suspension-worthy. Being the playoffs I didn't expect him to get suspended. JMO, but I think part of it might be a pre-emptive strike against the Kings because there's all kinds of talk out of Kings camp now about how they need to start committing hard fouls on Parker and the NBA could be stepping in to send a message that they don't want the Kings to start thugging it up.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Tony Parker Attempts to Pull Artest's Head Out of His A$$

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #9
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

or at least tries to cop a feel.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Yea I wasn't sure if that was sarcasm or what but in Sac Town they are talking about throwing elbows and basically kicking ass literally.

Ha. I remember that Parker and Artest play. That was one of the fouls called against Artest.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 04-24-2006 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #11
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I think the refs and the league are clamping down a little hard and a little early this year. ALOT of ticky tack calls and possibly game-changing calls/non-calls. We've already seen Lawrence Frank talking about how, "the game should be decided by the players," with regards to the Anthony Johnson foul. We had the Kobe foul at the end of the Phoenix-Lakers game. Artest situation. Hopefully it won't get worse.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-24-2006 at 01:09 PM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #12
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
I think the refs and the league are clamping down a little hard and a little early this year. ALOT of ticky tack calls and possibly game-changing calls/non-calls. We've already seen Lawrence Frank talking about how, "the game should be decided by the players," with regards to the Anthony Johnson foul. We had the Kobe foul at the end of the Phoenix-Lakers game. Artest situation. Hopefully it won't get worse.
Just a quick note on that. Johnson got bumped by Kidd and Krsitc pulled his jersey. That was a foul. And the game wasn't decided by the refs. The game was decided when Franks team couldn't get a defensive rebound. Get the rebound and either they win or it goes to overtime. That is a cop out on Franks part.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #13
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
Just a quick note on that. Johnson got bumped by Kidd and Krsitc pulled his jersey. That was a foul. And the game wasn't decided by the refs. The game was decided when Franks team couldn't get a defensive rebound. Get the rebound and either they win or it goes to overtime. That is a cop out on Franks part.
I wasn't debating the foul - I know A.J. was fouled. I was using that as an example of a controversy developing from a referee decision. Just like the non-call on Kobe's baseline drive, just like the decision to suspend Artest. Just like the decision to do nothing to punish Eddie Jones.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #14
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

yeah, I know. Just a note for all those guys out there that want to contest it.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #15
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I think the word for this is "gay".
Old 04-24-2006, 01:55 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
There is nothing worse than someone with a borderline personality disorder who thinks the world is against him-- and is right.

What a poorly-handled affair.

Agreed. What a joke.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

http://random-m.com/images/415219131_manuandart.gif

I didn't see the rest of the game. But from viewing the clip, I would think a suspension is warranted in this instance. The ball was on the floor and it looks like a clear intentional cheap shot to me. If Artest is too stupid to realize by now he's not going to get leeway with the league, then its is own damn fault - F him. And screw Sacramento too - this is what they asked for.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like Miller fouled Manu way before Artest got there, but yeah...that forearm was pretty high.

Was it called as a flagrant foul during the game???

Last edited by Drbio; 04-24-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Im just glad the spurs never do anything like that
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #20
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Im just glad the spurs never do anything like that
hahahaha.......Thank you. I am still on the floor laughing........
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:05 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like they every bite anyone or anything....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #22
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

check out Duncan's flying hip-check in Mary's link
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #23
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
http://random-m.com/images/415219131_manuandart.gif

I didn't see the rest of the game. But from viewing the clip, I would think a suspension is warranted in this instance. The ball was on the floor and it looks like a clear intentional cheap shot to me. If Artest is too stupid to realize by now he's not going to get leeway with the league, then its is own damn fault - F him. And screw Sacramento too - this is what they asked for.
In typical Manu fasion he acts like he was shot in the head.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:27 PM   #24
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

yeah, a bit of overacting.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #25
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The game was pretty physical from what I've read. I think the problem here is that Artest doesn't even attempt hide his intentions, and I think that's what made it difficult for the league to ignore.

Remember the forearm that Finley got suspended for against Bowen?

Remember Kobe's suspension earlier this year for his foul against Mike Miller?

In all three cases, the intent was pretty clear as none of them occurred in this course of a normal basketball play (i.e. driving to the basket, clearing space for a rebound, etc.)

The suspension seems consistent with recent league decisions, IMO.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 04-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #26
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Looks like Miller fouled Manu way before Artest got there, but yeah...that forearm was pretty high.

Was it called as a flagrant foul during the game???

Yep, I count three fouls in that play. I really have no idea what was called.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:31 PM   #27
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Given that it appeared to be intentional, and given that it occurred in a game where a Ginobili elbow had caught Artest in the mouth early in the game, the league is doubtless considering this retaliation.

Given Artest's history, one game is light.

I'd have had no problem at all if the league had refused to allow him back oncourt this year, but I imagine the NBAPA would've had objections.

Artest is exactly what the league needs to get rid of.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:40 PM   #28
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Looks worse then it is. Unfortunately, for the Kings, it looks intentional and unnecessary.

Still over in 5. Nothing changes.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #29
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Looks worse then it is. Unfortunately, for the Kings, it looks intentional and unnecessary.
That's what it comes down to. It looked intentional and the league wasn't going to let that slide. Not when you're talking about Ron Artest.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to write the game off as a loss though. It's times like this when a Martin or Garcia step up and kill you. I admit it's unlikely the Kings win but I wouldn't write it off just because Artest won't be playing.

I still can't get over that Sacramento article (I'm forgetting her name right now) where it talked about hurting the players intentionally.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:50 PM   #30
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

ailene voisin wrote;
Quote:
With apologies to Eva Longoria - and no one is suggesting anyone inflict serious harm to her longtime boyfriend - but the Kings are desperate here. The options against the defending world champs are all physically painful, yet given the alternatives, better than anything else that comes to mind. Sac's reputation as a vastly improved defensive team is about 48 minutes from being gutted.

A repeat performance Tuesday night, and the Kings can gather their belongings, slink back to Sac, and reclaim their familiar standing among the league's consistently agreeable opponents.

One would hope that, at least for a night, they could emulate the world champs and make a little noise. Heck, why not "Pop" someone once in a while?

The next time Spurs coach Gregg Popovich directs Parker to attack the lane, send a subtle forearm into the Frenchman's midsection. The next time Manu Ginobili shreds a double-team, land an elbow to the hip. The next time Robert Horry, Michael Finley, Nick Van Exel, Brent Barry, etc., etc., etc., race into the deep corners, extend an arm and nick a wrist?
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports...15064710c.html
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #31
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

It looks pretty unintentional to me... his arms were already up and in the ready position to defend a shot attempt.. and it looks like a hell of a flop too..
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:04 PM   #32
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I probably would've given him a flagrant, but a suspension seems very uncalled-for.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:25 PM   #33
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Irrelevant...except for the fact that someone finally gave Manu a pop to the face. He needs about 279085785738^9087452753 more.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:09 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Man that looks blatant as all get out. He lined him up and then slyly looks away as he takes his shot. thug... He will ultimately destroy that team as well.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:24 PM   #35
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

past transgressions and it was against the golden boys... just be happy it is only one game.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #36
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof

Still over in 5. Nothing changes.
Yeah, i dont think it effects the series too much, but the league definetly cracked down harder on Artest due to his past history.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #37
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, i love how artest glances to the right at the last second, to make it seem like he's not doing anything.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:39 PM   #38
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Last edited by DirkGoesNuclear; 04-24-2006 at 09:40 PM.
DirkGoesNuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:49 PM   #39
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
ha ha, i love how artest glances to the right at the last second, to make it seem like he's not doing anything.
It's a no-look elbow to the face!

Artest is mental. But if he's gonna take a cheap shot, might as well be on Ginobili. I can't say I'd be mad if his arms went flailng and he fell on the ground without it being a flop for the first time ever. His flopping is akin to soccer players' flops. Being Argentina is such a big soccer country, I can see where it comes from.

Last edited by bernardos70; 04-24-2006 at 09:49 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #40
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
In typical Manu fasion he acts like he was shot in the head.
Great post! I love it, it's so true. His constant flops especially on his layups bug me. Rep for you

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote