Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-04-2006, 01:59 AM   #1
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road
Default hm kobe hate?

why do so many people hate on kobe? i personally am a huge fan of his. one of the greatest players to play the game today( behind dirk of course =D)and he has had the misfortune of some bad events. the girl who accused him of rape brought back about 3 other semen smaples so i dont get why peple still harp on him for raping a girl when its clear that he didnt.

also the raja incident was disgusting. his accusation on kobe's elbow seemed blown up to me. anyone who has tried posting up when playing a bball game knows that the person behind you can end up gettting elbowed easily if they stick their face and hands into you to steal it. raja was playing hard physical defense and kobe had to protect the ball. i've elbowed my friend during a pickup game on accident and he knew it was an accident. he didnt feel the need to clothesline me later. i think raja flops alot on fouls so the foul might have seemed more harmful then it really was.

keep mouthing off at him raja. just cuz he hit the game winner over you and your sun buddy dosnt mean you should clothesline him and then complain to the media about him. even if lakers lose tomorrow i feel like kobe will want raja to come back so that he can score 82 on him.

hm just some thoughts on my mind as i was reading some of the comments on kobe today.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2006, 02:21 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yes, Kobe is a very good player, but the reason we hate him is his attitude. He's a very selfish player (but it's good to see that change a little in the playoffs) and always wants the glory to himself. I just really don't like selfish players, and he's at the top of that list.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:56 AM   #3
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

Bryant on Bell: 'Do I know this guy?'

By David Leon Moore, USA TODAY

INGLEWOOD, Calif. — When Kobe Bryant was clotheslined and thrown to the floor by Raja Bell on Tuesday night, he just smiled.

And refrained from retaliating.

When Bryant was attacked verbally Wednesday by Bell, he just smiled. And retaliated a little.

Bryant, who has led the Los Angeles Lakers to a 3-2 series lead against the Phoenix Suns, seemed surprised but not particularly bothered that Bell, suspended for tonight's Game 6 because of the flagrant foul, would say he has no respect for Bryant and called him a "pompous, arrogant individual."

"Do I know this guy?" Bryant said. "I don't know this guy. I might have said one word to this guy.

"I think he overreacts to stuff. ... I don't think about him. ... I don't know this kid. I don't need to know this kid. I don't want to. We go out there and play the game and leave it at that.

"Maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a kid. I look at him a little bit and he gets a little insecure about something."

Both Bryant and Lakers coach Phil Jackson said they were hoping Bell would not be suspended.

"You always want to compete against the opposition's best," Bryant said.

While the Suns will have to adjust tonight to playing without Bell, their primary Bryant defender, the Lakers will again try to ignore the distraction of an investigation of sexual assault of center Kwame Brown, first revealed Tuesday. Police said Brown has not yet been interviewed in the case.

"It just takes the focus off the game for a second," Jackson said. "These players need to be just focused on one thing. It's a one-pointed effort right now."

Brown declined to discuss the investigation and said he has been able to concentrate on basketball.

"Life goes on," he said. "I've got a duty to my team and to myself. You've got to go to work every day, don't you?"
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

At the very least he's a spoiled, pompous adulterer...forgetting the fact that he, IMO, raped that girl.

...but yeah, he can put a ball in a hoop. He MUST be a great guy.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:22 AM   #5
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Kobe Bryant broke up what could have been one of the BEST TEAMS EVER because he couldn't play with Shaq anymore. He wanted to spot light to be totally on him. He could not share this with anyone. He was such a pompous ASS that he even ran off one of the best coaches of ALL FREAKING TIME.

As soon as a player goes from team play to being all about himself I lose ALL RESPECT for that player. He is most selfish player in my years of watching basketball to play the game.

As for the rape thing, OK, he might have raped heror mabey not, but he did have sex with her. I still have some morals and feel that cheating on your wife is pretty damn bad too. Either way, he lost MORE RESPECT after that.

Kobe might be one of the best players to play the game, BUT HE HAS NO RIGHT TO PUT HIMSELF OVER THE GAME. Humbleness is a great virtue.

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 05-04-2006 at 08:23 AM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:39 AM   #6
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Whatchu talkin' bout theWillis? (sorry...couldn't help it)

I think if we look at Kobe from a purely on-court perspective, he is still highly regarded and respected. I think this speaks a great deal about how talented the guy really is. He's even leading an on-going poll on this forum for "Who is the best overall player in the NBA?" But think about it objectively for a moment - what if Kobe Bryant wasn't a basketball player, what if he were one of your friends? Or, more appropriately, a business associate?

One of the best COOs in the business quit because he didn't want to deal with the employee anymore. As a result of his actions, one of the best employees in the business was fired and replaced by a far lesser employee (now whether or not he held the firm hostage is another debate all-together). The firm went from being one of the most prestigious to being stunningly mediocre (think Arthur Andersen post-Enron, but not as catastrophic). PLUS, he cheated on his wife? I give Kobe credit, alot of credit, for his competitive spirit and for his talent, but to be honest, I wouldn't really want to hang out with him. From what I've heard about him, he's just not my type of dude - and I think that's the case with alot of people - hence the "Kobe hate".

Plus dude, he's a Laker. F*ck everyone who's not a Mav.

Last edited by orangedays; 05-04-2006 at 08:48 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He's a rapist.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:54 AM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the guy as much as anyone(well i guess not) but he wasnt convicted of rape and in this country we are innocent until proven guilty. We all need to remember that as one day it could become important in our own lives. Do I think he should be thought less of as an adulterer? Yes I do and I do think it was largely his own fault for putting himself in that position BUT without a conviction i think it is wrong/unfair to continue to call him a rapist and/or to hold that against him.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #9
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

OJ's innocent too!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to redirect all whiney "Waahhhhhh...why doesn't everyone love Kobe....wahhhhhh..." threads to lakerstalk.net.

You'll feel right at home over there.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-04-2006 at 09:20 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

lol. Well i think kobes case is a good bit less cut and dried than ojs but i can see your point. I personally have a huge problem with adultery so I think alot less of him for that on its own and as a person i think he is a piece of crap. That said again I dont think its really fair to call him a rapist since there is reasonable doubt as to his guilt. In OJs case there is no reasonable doubt.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:37 AM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so i dont get why peple still harp on him for raping a girl when its clear that he didnt.
Clear as MUD........... His basketball ability is absolutely awesome though.

Last edited by dalmations202; 05-04-2006 at 09:38 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:09 AM   #13
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewillis12
the girl who accused him of rape brought back about 3 other semen smaples so i dont get why peple still harp on him for raping a girl when its clear that he didnt.
I really don't know what happened in this case, but the presence of other semen does not prove that it wasn't rape. My wife volunteered at a battered women's shelter for a while, and I went to a training class (I was thinking of volunteering also). One of the things they told us was that women who are raped often then go and have sex with someone else. I believe it was something psychological - they were forced to have sex, and to deal with it, they then choose to have sex with someone else.
And even if that isn't what she did, the presence of semen can't prove or disprove rape. Semen proves that something happened, but it can't tell us if it was consensual or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewillis12
also the raja incident was disgusting. his accusation on kobe's elbow seemed blown up to me. anyone who has tried posting up when playing a bball game knows that the person behind you can end up gettting elbowed easily if they stick their face and hands into you to steal it. raja was playing hard physical defense and kobe had to protect the ball. i've elbowed my friend during a pickup game on accident and he knew it was an accident. he didnt feel the need to clothesline me later. i think raja flops alot on fouls so the foul might have seemed more harmful then it really was.
You don't think that Raja's reaction is good evidence that it actually was harmful? Is it reasonable to assume that he would clothesline Kobe and get suspended if he was just flopping? Why would he do that? It would make no sense, unless he really was angry after really getting elbowed.

Compared to you and your friend, what was different in this case? Was Raja just insane, or were the elbows from Kobe not accidental? Which is more logical?
Old 05-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe some of the kobe-"hate" has to do with their being so many kobe "apologists" around.

But for me, it's because he's a rapist.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #15
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I love to hate kobe - it's kinda like a hobby of mine.

I hate him cause he's really, really good... and a rapist.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:11 AM   #16
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Hating on Kobe is like crapping... you gotta do it.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:27 AM   #17
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

All the talk about rapist is just disbelief in judicial system to me. Kobe's just a point of release for that disbelief.

Perhaps my faith is misplaced. Either way, I readily hate on Kobe for other reasons.

I dispise Kobe the adulterer, I dispise Kobe the ballhog and I especially dispise Kobe the LA Laker.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

I completely concurr with what rabbit said.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #19
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I'm pretty sure this thread will reach the 10 page mark by the end of the playoffs.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #20
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road

hahaha i agree with ocelot. well like his commercial said......you either love him or hate him. but i see everyone else's opinion on him. guess i love him as an individual player and he needs help on the team player part. good to see that coming out in the playoffs at least.

mavs vs lakers in finals(blah cant believe im saying that, but lakers vs clippers in semis........who would have thought) and dirk gets back at kobe to score 80+ against them.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

He needs to learn how to combine the individual player and teammate thing. He hasnt been very good individually in this series other than the late shots in game 4 despite what the media says
Old 05-04-2006, 11:43 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

He's a pompous asshole.
He plays for the lakers.
He is a pompous asshole.
He can't keep his dick out of women who say no.
He is a pompous asshole.
He is a rapist.
He showed no remorse to his wife for infidelity...only remorse that he got caught.
That bazillion dollar ring was a buyout.
He's a rapist.
He's a pompous ass, wife cheating, asshole rapist who plays for the lakers who doesn't respect a woman who says no.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote