Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-12-2003, 11:14 AM   #1
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default Walker for Kenyon Martin

Straight up. I do it in a millisecond, and with the climate in Netland right now, they might do it as well...especially if we sweetened the pot with Delk or Best....

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2003, 11:16 AM   #2
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default RE:Walker for Kenyon Martin

Not that I hate Walker, but I think we need SOMEONE who is an excellent defensive force on this team.

Kenyon fits the bill.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 11:23 AM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I'd do it. I love what Walker has done for the most part. But Kenyon has more of what the Mavs lack where Walker has redundant strength's for a large part.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:28 AM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Walker for Kenyon Martin

If this were a possibility it would be very tempting. I question Kenyon's character though.

I think if we are trading any of the "big 5" we need to look at adding a Center in return.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:32 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
If this were a possibility it would be very tempting. I question Kenyon's character though.

I think if we are trading any of the "big 5" we need to look at adding a Center in return.
Normally I might agree U2. But look at it this way. KMart gives us a very good shot blocker. A lowpost defensive oriented player. Lot's more athletism. A real tough guy who will retaliate if your PG gets clocked by an elbow. We can pick up a spare center in FA. I just don't know if we can realistically trade for a center that will bring us most of what KMart can. Yes KMart does have an attitude, but right now the Mavs could use some attitude.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:35 AM   #6
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Exactly U2 ...and this is why i dont do this trade, let alone the fact that it doesnt work under the CBA considering that Martin is making about 1/3 of Walkers salary. I see a trade like this keeping Dirk at the 5 and I'm really not fond of that...if we trade any of our big 5 it needs to be on that will acquire a true center or two that can play defense and rebound...not another undersized powerforward

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 11:39 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

Here's a CBA approved thread. We have to eat Mourning's contract and take Rodney Rogers.

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (16.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Kenyon Martin (17.3 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 2.3 apg in 34.1 minutes)
C Alonzo Mourning (8.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17.9 minutes)
SF Rodney Rogers (7.1 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 18.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +15.6 ppg, +4.3 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

New Jersey trades: PF Kenyon Martin (17.3 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 2.3 apg in 34.1 minutes)
C Alonzo Mourning (8.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17.9 minutes)
SF Rodney Rogers (7.1 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 18.8 minutes)
New Jersey receives: PF Antoine Walker (16.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 4.3 apg in 19 games)
Change in team outlook: -15.6 ppg, -4.3 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Old 12-12-2003, 11:49 AM   #8
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

wouldnt do that at all...just not worth it.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote