Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-27-2005, 08:34 AM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Couple of Fin Trades -- one from FWST

First trade scenerio:
Fin for Battie/Christie/Augmon <edit> or Kasum

Orlando nets the better player. Dallas moves the contract of Fin.

Fin for Battie/Christie/Augmon, IMO would be a done deal. Battie and Christie have one year to prove themselves, and Augmon would have training camp. Donnie should still be looking for a deal that nets what they really need, but this would definately resolve the Fin crisis, and keep him from a Western Conference powerhouse. Of course, I expect that he would still be in the Western Conference by the trade deadline, but at least it wouldn't be all season.

Second Trade scenerio
Fin/Daniels for Chandler(SNT)/ADavis(who would be immediately cut)

I would much rather that Fin go to Chicago, in some sign-n-trade that nets Chandler to the Mavs. If Chicago can't reach terms with Chandler this would be a good deal for the Mavs, and net Chicago Fin. I hope that this is the reason that Chandler can't seem to reach a deal with Chicago. If the Mavs offered him as a RFA basically the same deal as Damp, then say a Fin/Daniels for ADavis/Chandler with the guarentee that the Mavs cut Davis (so he could resign with Chicago at a lower rate -- see Henderson) would work. Not sure that Chicago would do it, but that would work fine, if Chicago didn't want to pay Chandler, and would work a SNT with him. Chicago would lose Chandler, but end up with Fin (vet, home), Daniels (young potential), and still have Davis (at a lower price). Dallas would get Chandler, move Fin's contract east, and have Davis' contract off the books end of the year as it is expiring.

Which one is more likely to happen? Which one helps the Mavs more? What do you think?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2005, 09:22 AM   #2
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Couple of Fin Trades -- one from FWST

first scenario. Bulls would be crazy to give up on Tyson at this point.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I like both scenarios. The first one solves the mavs need for a backup big and gives the mavs two defensive minded guards.

The second scenario would be an absolute steal for the mavs. Chandler is the best defensive front court player by far available. It would be possible because Curry has the potential to be dominant. If say Atlanta were to max out Curry, the Bulls would have to match. It might force their hand if Chandler wanted a big deal as well.

Chandler could start or Dampier could start depending up on the match-up.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:40 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Couple of Fin Trades -- one from FWST

If the Mavs somehow stole Chandler, I would immediately be wondering where they were going to trade Dampier.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

If Chicago is dumb enough, Cuban should be all over that.

Anyone know how much Chandler is asking for? Why would Chicago balk at paying him around $80-90 million but jump at paying Fin $52 million? Doesn't make much sense.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:04 AM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyone know how much Chandler is asking for? Why would Chicago balk at paying him around $80-90 million but jump at paying Fin $52 million? Doesn't make much sense.
They are guessing about 60-70M over 6 years. He has been injury prone, but Chicago says they will match any offer. They are waiting to see how it pans out, so he may be a while. Dallas can't offer him anything w/o a SNT. Very, Very unlikely to say the least, but so was the Jamison deal. Big Z got 60M over 5. Dalembert 60M over 6. I am guessing that his agent is going to ask for some amount somewhere in between.

The X factor is Curry though, and what they can get him for, and how his stuff plays out with Atlanta, etc. If Atlanta offers Curry a max deal, and Chicago matches, then this might be a more likely scenerio. Who really knows though, till the CBA actually comes out, is signed, and everyone knows the exact rules.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 07-27-2005, 11:20 AM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

We're not getting Chandler.

Orlando seems to have the pieces to make a deal for Fin that makes sense for the Mavs, too.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
I tend to agree. Does Chicago sign both Chandler and Curry, if both are offered ~ 10M a year for 6-7 years, guarenteed to put them over the LT for years to come? They have basically 3 years before Hinrich, Gordon and Deng come up. I would think they would let Curry walk first due to his heart issues, but Chandler has been injury prone in his career and isn't near as dominant, if Curry gets right.

Quote:
Orlando seems to have the pieces to make a deal for Fin that makes sense for the Mavs, too.
Battie/Christie/Kasum seems really fair to me. I think that would make for a great trade for both sides. Orlando gets the talent, but Dallas gets needs. I don't see Augmon making this Dallas team because I don't see him beating out Howard, Stack or KVH for time at the SF.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #9
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran

yea the orlando trade seems good but i wish would could somehow get chandler
Old 07-27-2005, 11:59 AM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

battie would be a decent backup and we wouldnt be using any of our mle

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:55 PM   #11
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

chandlers not coming, we will not get that kind of value for fin period. Not even with the throw in of quis, who has not show enough in two years for teams to want him that badly. My sources tell me that we won't land Labron for fin after all, sorry to let everyone down.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #12
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202

Second Trade scenario
Fin/Daniels for Chandler(SNT)/ADavis(who would be immediately cut)
You will not be able to cut a player that you get from a trade, like the bucks did with Henderson last year and allowed us to sign him back.

Also, with curry's health issue, Chandler is soooooo much more valuable for the bulls.

He might be a paxon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (boozer issue), but I doubt he is THAT stupid.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:41 PM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
You will not be able to cut a player that you get from a trade, like the bucks did with Henderson last year and allowed us to sign him back.
You won't be able to cut him or you won't be able to use the amnesty rule on him? I thought you could cut any player any time, as long as you were willing to pay his contract.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:53 PM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You won't be able to cut him or you won't be able to use the amnesty rule on him? I thought you could cut any player any time, as long as you were willing to pay his contract.
You can't cut a player you get from a trade using the amnesty rule is all.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #15
Lebanese_Fan

It has been said that stern will not allow teams to cut players they just got thru a trade like the Mavs and Boston did with Henderson and Payton. We have to wait and see if this rule has been added to the CBA.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:13 AM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

I'll bet it ends up being a "can't resign a player for xxx days after he has been traded, instead of can't cut" --- which would still blow up the Chicago Davis idea. I don't see Chandler happening anyway.....but I didn't see Jamison coming either.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:35 AM   #17
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lebanese_Fan
It has been said that stern will not allow teams to cut players they just got thru a trade like the Mavs and Boston did with Henderson and Payton. We have to wait and see if this rule has been added to the CBA.
Wasn't it the mavs and the Bucks and the Hawks who waived Payton and Henderson? All the Mavs and the Celtics did was sign Henderson and Payton after they had been cut. It would seem to me if Stern is going to prevent this that it would be easiest and fairest to not allow a player to play for the team who traded him until the next season. That way the team who gets the player in the trade can still cut him if they don't have a roster spot available, but the player could only be signed and go and play for teams that had not traded him that year.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:48 PM   #18
Mavs4skin

Mavs4skin is on a distinguished road

Well it looks like the Magic turned the offer for Fin down immediately. Damn.
Mavs4skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:49 PM   #19
Lebanese_Fan

Yeah LRB, i think that is stern's plan.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How about Fin and Harris for Davis and Duhon. I like that Duhon kid.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote