Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-22-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of
Default Nash and his durability

So much for Nellie's theory that Nash's heath wouldn't hold up. Nash's health has held up better than most guys on our entire roster! He is averaging 37 minutes a game and is even allowed to take naps on the baseline during the game. Maybe Nellie was out of touch with Nash's durability altogether. I have been one of the guys who believed Nash would fall apart health wise and his new contract would be a killer for Phoenix. Looks like I was wrong.

Last edited by Bookit; 01-22-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Looks like I was wrong.
You sure weren't the only one. Cubes, nellie many,many fans.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Write back in a year or two.

That's when the real health questions about Nash will arise.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

up to this point, we all have been wrong..

up to this point

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be very interested to see him in this year's playoffs. He's having to carry a really heavy burden right now and he's playing a ton of minutes. He help up fine in last year's playoffs, but we'll see how this year ends.

There's no denying though, there was reason for concern. We watched with our own eyes as he played like a man on his last legs a couple times in the playoffs.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the thing is, Steve's late season performances in Dallas were the reason he got that rep. Obviously it hasn't been an issue in Phoenix. I guess it was all mental with him (seems I've heard that said quite a bit about one of the current Mavs).
Old 01-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

so I decided to watch the suns/sonics game and then finish the Mavericks game

look what i found!

its in the 2nd overtime

Contact Me
Old 01-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #8
alby
Guru

What a classic!

GAME WINNING 3 POINTER AT THE BUZZER BY RAY ALLEN

final score:
152 Seattle Sonics
149 Phoenix Suns

This game is a huge reminder of one of the biggest reasons why we let this guy go.
Steve Nash's defense?...

Luke Ridnour
scores a career-high 30 points
13-22 fieldgoals
1-3 three pointers
3-3 free throws
12 assists
6 rebounds
2 steals

Contact Me
Old 01-23-2006, 08:06 AM   #9
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

is ridnour a bigger spare than steve blake?

i wonder whats worse, letting ridnour go off like that or letting steve blake go off like that?

jason terry should become our 6th man.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He is averaging 37 minutes a game and is even allowed to take naps on the baseline during the game.
Don't know if this was meant to be funny but I laughed out loud.

It seems to me that Nellie enabled Nash to suck in the playoffs by giving him a ready made excuse. I'm not saying that he was always bad but for a player of his ability, he had a lot of no shows in May.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:45 AM   #11
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

year 2 of 5 on the deal so lets see
Old 01-26-2006, 12:58 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
up to this point, we all have been wrong..

up to this point
wrong on the health...perhaps....but in the move???

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:23 AM   #13
alby
Guru

health

but soon we will be right=]

Contact Me
Old 01-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if getting hitched hasn't gotten nash out of the bars so much at night. I think that little canadian was putting down some brew brotha'.

Also I think I read that his wife is some sort of health nut. He just may be a lot healthier than he was here. Maybe we should have waited until the wedding to decide on our decision.

I HATE the decision, will always hate it to be honest. If we win a championship it will be in SPITE of this, not because of it imo.

Not to mention we have created another potentially elite team in phoenix to contend with. Absolutely a cluster of epic porportions. Horrible.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:11 AM   #15
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

You are right, Dude! Nash's wife was a personal trainer. She probably keeps his health in check.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Tap the breaks girls. As I recall most were saying he would be breaking down in the last years of his contract. He might not, but this is only year 2 of 5.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:21 PM   #17
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

And ten or twelve years from now, he might look even worse. Think about it!
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote