Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-12-2001, 01:51 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Have ya'll had any minor/major injuries? Doing whatever. Tell us about 'em.

The only bad injuries I've ever had was a Broken wrist(brother knocked me off my bike when I was younger), and I nearly cut off my thumb with a razor blade(16 stitches). That's about it.

You?

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2001, 02:26 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Does having laser eye surgery count?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 04:04 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

sprained ankles, broken right ankle, concussion, multiple stitches-requiring cuts...

Old 12-12-2001, 04:45 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

broken ankle, broken right hand (three times in 7 months), concussion (party accident),broken leg(party accident), hit in the head with a baseball bat (only 6 stitches), broken arm (actually, the bone was just bent..can't remember what kind of break that is called), and..bone spurs on both heels....that's about it...oh yeah..broken toe (had a dryer dropped on it)...and broken nose (basketball)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:04 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Damn Murph, your givin Evil Kinevil(spl?) a run for his money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2001, 05:52 PM   #6
epicfrog

epicfrog is on a distinguished road

Does watching the Hawks go from 7th seed to lotto bound within weeks count as an injury?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I hit my head hard once when I was dunkin' durin a HS game. That hurt.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:51 PM   #7
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Dude, Rob, I almost cut off part of my thumb with a knife, too...
Old 12-12-2001, 06:59 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah..i had the dunking injuries as well..mostly it was just ripping the skin off of my left middle finger.
however, the most painful was going for a slam and having my hands slip off of the rim and landing squarely on my ass.

well, i've had alot of minor injuries..but nothing serious.
the break in the leg was actually only a fracture...and it was while i was heavily intoxicated and didn't even hurt that badly
Old 12-12-2001, 08:04 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

My broken wrist didn't hurt much either. I actually lived for 3 days before going to the hospital to get it put in a cast. I was 14 I think.

Old 12-12-2001, 09:46 PM   #10
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

i went to midland over the weekend for a soccer tourney, played first 20 mins of first game.. and fractured my right ankle.. caught a flight back to dallas by myself 3 hours later and had to miss 2 days of school... sux0r3z (going throuigh the airports in a wheelchair was pretty cool though.. i got some awesome special treatment [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 10:53 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

I did the same thing when i bent the bone in my arm...
i was 7..playing football (QB) at school....it was muddy and I was getting rushed...so, i was back pedalling and throwing at the same time...lost my balance and fell straight backward...i stuck my right arm back to catch myself but when i did...the bone bent but didn't break...it hurt like hell..actually, the doctor said it is probably more painful than a break. well, i went back to class ...i had mentioned something about it to my mom the night after it happened..a couple of days later, she pulled me out of class to go to the doctor.. i had a bent bone..weird..i had never heard of it before
Old 12-13-2001, 11:43 AM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I've never heard of a Bent bone either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2001, 12:47 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

well, i guess most things bend before they break....it just bent..but didn't break.
it wasn't noticeable just by looking at it...but it hurt like hell
Old 12-13-2001, 02:19 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Damn, I almost forgot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] . I tore/brused cartlidge(spl?) on 5 ribs(bottom 3 on right, bottom 2 on left side) several years ago. Did it lifting concrete pavers for my parents. Wans't ALOT of pain, just that it was constant and their was nothing I could do about it except rest.

The thing is, the doctor said I would/could have it the rest of my life. Not constant, just episodes on and off. So far I haven't had another episode.

Old 12-15-2001, 10:30 AM   #15
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

It's odd you asked this because I broke my hand Thursday. We were doing mat drills in offseason and i was doing a forward roll and heard a really loud snap. I was feeling real sick, my dad says that was shock. I went on to lunch and fourth period and got tons of attention from the ladies. It's too swollen to put in a cast, so they can't do that for another 3 weeks.
Old 12-15-2001, 10:39 AM   #16
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I forgot about my other injuries...I too almost lost a thumb in a freak accident while trying to take the blade out of disposable razor. I had major back problems last year. I have 2 compressed disks in my lower back, the doc says it's from lifting too much weight before my bones were fully machure(I have no idea how to spell that word). I had a deep bone bruse in my shin...it swelled up and turned purple. I almost cut the tip off of my middle finger in the first grade. I've messed up my knee numerous times. Different muscle pulls...I pulled my butt once, that hurt like crap! That's about it.

PS it's taken my about 20 minutes to type these 2 messages one-handed.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:05 PM   #17
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

5 broken noses from basketball, and one separated shoulder from intramural football. That one hurt the most.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 11:17 PM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, you guys are makin' me scared to leave the house tomorrow. I'm almost 22 years old, and I've never broken a bone, never had surgery (except wisdom teeth), and never even had stitches. Better go knock on some wood........

I had all the nagging sports injuries as a kid, of course, the most notable being...

Playing summer league basketball in HS, I had plantar fasciatis (sp?) that led to a bruised heel, or maybe vice versa.. that sucked, but the season was short and it gave me an excuse to buy new bball shoes.

In little league, when I was 12, I strained a ligament in my throwing elbow because I used to stand in the neighbors' yard across the street, throw a tennis ball onto our roof, then run, dive and catch the tennis ball as it came off the roof. I'd do this all damn day, until one day, I threw it and it suddenly hurt like crazy. Bad mechanics, I'm sure. It was the Tommy John/Jose Canseco ligament, and this trainer guy we knew told me I had to fix it by doing this exercise where I'd take a hammer in my hand and twist it back and forth, since it was heavy on one end. Weird stuff, but it worked.

And of course I've had every conceivable kind of ankle sprain.

One of my friends broke both his arms last spring lifting weights. He was doing squats, and he stepped forward to put the bar back on the rack and the mats on the floor were uneven or something, and he tripped and fell forward with the bar still in his hands. The weight came down on his elbows hitting the floor. It was a pretty nasty spill. He was in casts forever. He's still in high school, and because of the casts, he couldn't wear a regular tux to the prom, so I tried to talk him into wearing my Steve Nash jersey but his girlfriend wasn't havin it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 11:53 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..i forgot about my shoulder
let's just say that my baseball career was cut prematurely short because of rotator cuff problems...however, it is likely that my baseball career never would have amounted to much more than JUCO ball
Old 12-29-2001, 02:55 AM   #20
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

This thread has been lots of fun to read. Let's see what I can add...
Cracked 3 toes (was barefoot and messing with the pony)
Concussion #1: Wressling with my dad and foster brothers
Concussion #2: Bucked off of a 2 year old horse
Concussion #3?: Fell off of a horse (Didn't go to hospital this time; same symptoms)
I've had some grand wrecks while skiing, but always end up being fine. I think I have a slew of guardian angels.
It sure was fun to read about your experiences. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Whew!
Old 12-29-2001, 04:33 PM   #21
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I get my real cast on Friday. Goog thing...this temperary thing is starting to smell.
Old 12-31-2001, 11:20 AM   #22
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one here who has taken many visits to the hospital because of a broken bone or tearing something.
Old 12-31-2001, 11:45 PM   #23
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Hehe this thread is fun to read guys, so here´s mine:
I´m doing TaekWonDo as a competition sport, which means I go to tourneys and fight there (fullcontact) and I also do alot of sparring in training (nearly every day). So I can´t remember the day when I was without any contusion on my legs or feet or my lower arms. From time to time I also hurt one of the capsuls on my toes (right now I have such an injury on my right little toe and it´s good I had a break from training over christmas and NewYears).
Other than that I sprained my ankle a few times (that was my common injury when I was playing basketball on a daily basis). I also played Hockey for about ten years, which brought a lot of contusions. It also cost me a teeth, and I injured my eyes several times. Other than that I broke both of my arms one time when I was younger and that´s about it.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 02:03 AM   #24
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

i was shot in the left knee about two years ago when i lived with my mom in l.a. .45 caliber, but bending bones and shit sounds a lot worse 4 realz.
Old 01-01-2002, 02:34 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

i think i'd rather bend a bone in my arm than get shot....
although my older brothers used to put rocks in their b.b. guns and shoot me
Old 01-02-2002, 03:06 AM   #26
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Between my soph and junoir years of high school, on my FIRST day of basketball camp in Fayetteville Ark., I got under cut while coming down off a dunk, BY A COACH standing under the basket (I did'nt see him). I landed square on my back could'nt walk right for a month, and sat out for the rest of the week. Cost me 275 for the camp and about 150 for the plane ticket to sit on my ass and watch. Oh and the coach apologized by saying "oh sorry I did'nt think you'd jump that far" I was pissed........
Also broke my arm in the 5th grade back when BMX bikes were the cool thing....trying to spin the handle bars 360' off a 4 foot dropoff (that was stupid)