Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavericks WRight, Green Making a Case

Some nice inside poop on how hard Antoine Wright has been working.
HT to mavschamps at db.com

http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.c...ster/1/?page=1

Quote:
Mavericks Wright, Green Making a Case
Mavericks Wright, Green Making a Case

By: Bill Ingram |

The Dallas Mavericks didn't make drastic changes to their roster this summer, largely at the urging of new head coach Rick Carlisle. Though there were many rumors surrounding possible moves and acquisitions, the Mavericks felt that giving Carlisle a chance to get to know his guys was the best move.

Carlisle wasted no time, jumping right in with individual training sessions with guys like Antoine Wright and Gerald Green, both of whom have benefited significantly from the attention. Wright was in Las Vegas during summer league, and though he wasn't on the Mavericks' summer league squad he was going through two-a-days with Carlisle and his staff. On more than one occasion Wright told me he felt Carlisle was "trying to kill" him.

The results speak for themselves, as Carlisle gave Wright the starting position in the team's first two preseason games. Actually, the plan was to give him one start and go from there, but after he recorded nine points (4-4 FG), four assists, three steals, and two rebounds against the Wizards, Carlisle said he felt Wright deserved to start the next game. Wright scored 11 points in just 12 minutes of action before Carlisle decided he needed to give some other players a look.

Next up was Gerald Green, who has been working with Carlisle and his staff relentlessly this summer. After making a cameo appearance against the Wizards, due largely to the superb play of Wright, Green scored a team-high 18 points in 19 minutes in the Mavericks' win over the Chicago Bulls.

"It's been a lot of hard work and a lot of dedication," Green said of his summer with the Mavericks. "It's actually been a lot of fun getting to meet the new team and coaches, working a lot with Rick Carlisle and the coaching staff. I thought I played pretty well in summer league, especially towards the end, but there's always room for improvement. Things I worked on during the summer definitely paid off during training camp."

Originally drafted by the Boston Celtics, Green has been moved around a lot for a young guy. He spent two seasons with Boston, averaging 10.4 points and shooting 37% from three during his sophomore season, but was then dealt to the Minnesota Timberwolves as part of the Kevin Garnett trade. He was later cut by the Timberwolves and signed by the Houston Rockets, but appeared in just one game for Houston. Now Green finally feels like he's in the right place, with a team that's committed to helping him improve and become an impact player.

"I definitely feel like I'm getting the coaching I need with the Mavericks. A lot of the previous teams I've been with haven't been great situations for me. There were different reasons that things didn't work out, sometimes an injury, but they were bad situations. Right now I feel like I'm in the perfect situation. I feel like I did pretty well during training camp, but I still have a lot to prove to the coaches and to the team. I have to show them what I can do."

Naturally, the first thing that comes to mind when you think about Gerald is the NBA's annual slam dunk competition. Green has been runner-up twice, and it literally took Superman to beat him this year in New Orleans. Green celebrated his birthday with an awe-inspiring dunk which he accomplished while blowing out the candle on a cupcake he had placed on the back of the rim. Still, as incredible as Green's high wire act is, he doesn't like to be though of as "just a dunker."

"I'd say I'm a really, really, really high energy player and that's how I try to play," says Green. "I just try to play with a lot of energy on the floor and also with a lot of excitement. A lot of times I do tend to dunk the ball and I am a dunker, but at the same time I do other things like shoot from the outside, as well as create and make plays for others. That's what I've really been working on this summer and during training camp. I can't wait to show Mavericks fans what I can do this season."

Most of the preseason chatter about the Mavericks this has focused on the age of the team, which is supposed to bring them down. Yet while there are some older veterans, like Jerry Stackhouse and Jason Kidd (Eddie Jones was traded to Indiana this weekend), there is also a youth infusion coming. It looks like Antoine Wright and Gerald Green will be meaningful players for Dallas this year, and that can only mean good things for a franchise in need of a youth movement.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

That's good to know. All this competition for a starting position will deepen our bench significantly. If Wright gets the starting SG spot that will say loads about the depth of our team. Jet/Stack/Bass/Diop all coming off the bench is a really good thing, plus all of the other fresh young legs (JJ, Singleton, ReTerry, Green, Williams, etc.)

Good mix of young and old, though we are not as old as a team like the Spurs by any stretch of the imagination. Low 30's is the prime for many players.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see Wright, Green and/or Williams take all the minutes away from old, washed up players like Stack, George, etc. If we can build the core of the next Mavs dynasty while still competing now, that's the best possible scenario.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future
Default Dallas Mavericks' Antoine Wright getting a shot

Quote:
IRVING – In the NBA, opportunity never knocks when you want it to. It makes you wait.

It arrives after getting slapped around a few times, after being told that you can't do something and after it seems like everybody else gets a chance.

Then, somewhere along the line, players usually get a chance. Antoine Wright knows.

Wright, a former Texas A&M standout, is like a lot of players who are drafted in the middle of the first round or later. Most everybody drafted above him was expected to be a star or starter, at the least.

Players in Wright's category have to make a case that they deserve a chance – then capitalize when it comes. He's put in three years and is on the verge of getting a chance.

"A lot of times, younger players come into a situation where there's opportunity on a lower team," assistant coach Terry Stotts said Monday. "Being on a championship-caliber team, it's very difficult for young players to get that opportunity.

"I look back at Michael Redd in Milwaukee. He played 35 minutes as a rookie – six games and 35 minutes. So the thing for those younger guys is attitude, the willingness to improve and then to take advantage of it. And right now, there's an opportunity [for Wright]. Who knows how things will progress. But he's in a position to take advantage."

Wright, a 6-7 guard who can also play small forward, has started two of the first three preseason games. His youth and defense are what make him a viable option at that spot opposite Jason Kidd in the backcourt. He's not going to score like Jerry Stackhouse. He's not going to add veteran skills like Devean George. He's not going to shoot like Jason Terry.

But he defends well and does enough other things well enough that he may be the best option in the starting five.

"I'm really not penciled in yet – there's always an eraser," Wright joked. "Right now, I'm just trying to secure this position. There's still a lot left to do. But I feel good about it right now.

"[Defense] is what's going to keep me out there. Making shots, we got a lot of guys who can make shots. The most important thing is to have some presence on that end and be somewhat of a pest. That will keep me out there."

Mario Elie, another of the assistants, knows all about fighting to climb the NBA ladder. He put in time in the minor leagues and finally played his way into a spot on a championship team – three times.

He knows it's not easy making it in the league. There's always somebody looking to take your job.

"It's tough, but that's what's good about it," Elie said. "If you want to be an NBA player, this is the pressure you got to deal with. You're vying for playing time. And he sees an opportunity that usually doesn't come along on a good team."

Fore! The Mavericks were out of their element Monday. Tall, lanky athletes aren't natural golfers, but they were taking a stress-free day on the course to take part in the Mavs' Masters sponsor tournament at Hackberry Creek Country Club in Irving.

As usual, the best-dressed golfer award was a toss-up between Stackhouse and Erick Dampier.

Briefly: The Mavericks will get back on the practice court today before heading to Indiana for Wednesday's exhibition.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.30b936e.html
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
I'd love to see Wright, Green and/or Williams take all the minutes away from old, washed up players like Stack, George, etc. If we can build the core of the next Mavs dynasty while still competing now, that's the best possible scenario.
Word Is Bond!
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Stack still has enough to produce some points.

George... well he's worthless.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the article guys -- great reads

old, schmold.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:01 AM   #8
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

why is George still on this team...trade his A$$

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
what could we get for him, Eddie Jones?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 AM   #10
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Are we a contender?
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:35 AM   #11
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41
Stack still has enough to produce some points.
Sure he can produce points...just not very efficiently. I don't want Stack jacking up jumpers all the time.

Now, what to do for post # 1000...
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #12
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's because he now knows the location of that GD goat pass, so we have to keep him here.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #13
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
His colored eyes hypnotized carlisle into giving him a spot.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
Are we a contender?

If our SG's continue to play well and gradually improve over the reg season, then I would have to change my mind and say we ARE a contender! We'll see how they perform in the clutch during close games and after a couple tuff losses.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #15
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
Are we a contender?
Honestly, I think we are.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #16
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
noo just trade him for someone that we can cut..soo the young guys can get some time. At this point I would rather see all 4 of these guys out there rather then George. Wright, Stack, Green, Williams

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Man I really want another game to come.

Tomorrow night can't come soon enough.

I'm puuuuumped.

Edit: A good omen was an old college friend of mine texted me from LA saying that the "Mavericks look really good"......keep in mind I rarely keep in touch with this guy.

I think it just shows that we shouldn't pay attention to the dumb media who have an obvious bias against us. Most rational sports fans of other NBA teams won't be thinking we're an easy beat.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-14-2008 at 11:29 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #18
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Man I really want another game to come.

Tomorrow night can't come soon enough.

I'm puuuuumped.

Edit: A good omen was an old college friend of mine texted me from LA saying that the "Mavericks look really good"......keep in mind I rarely keep in touch with this guy.

I think it just shows that we shouldn't pay attention to the dumb media who have an obvious bias against us. Most rational sports fans of other NBA teams won't be thinking we're an easy beat.
Worst threads are those that start like "ESPN rankings out, Mavs ranked......" those power rankings are really worthless.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart

I think if Wright and Green as well as JHO came out and sucked it would be a different story. The media etc. wouldn't seem SO wrong! I take it all with a grain of salt, We do look good but it is pre-season after all.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #20
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
I think if Wright and Green as well as JHO came out and sucked it would be a different story. The media etc. wouldn't seem SO wrong! I take it all with a grain of salt, We do look good but it is pre-season after all.
Since this is a new group, the experience, learning to play together and being successful, breeds confidence going into the system. I'm rooting for an undefeated preseason. Even with Kidd sitting against the Bucks, we were still able to win. Winning now, is important for a team like Dallas. Teams who have the same system, been there, done that, it's not as important....the Spurs, Lakers, Celtics. Teams like the Mavs, Rockets, Suns, who involve a new coach, new system, new starter, must grow during the preseason.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

^^agreence

While it guarantees nothing, it is certainly encouraging and has to be uplifting to the guys...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #22
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

....keep an eye on the Suns this year, they may mirror the Mavs last year. Porter's got an ego on him, he has to balance Shaq and Amare's ego. It'll be quite a balancing act.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #23
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq and Amare's combined egos alone fill the arena each night...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #24
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Shaq and Amare's combined egos alone fill the arena each night...
....and when we're playing them, (Cuban) we'd have to move it to Texas Stadium or the University of Phoenix Stadium.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #25
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
....keep an eye on the Suns this year, they may mirror the Mavs last year. Porter's got an ego on him, he has to balance Shaq and Amare's ego. It'll be quite a balancing act.

Suns look to be lucky to make the playoffs this year. But, Robin Lopez looks really good.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #26
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
....and when we're playing them, (Cuban) we'd have to move it to Texas Stadium or the University of Phoenix Stadium.
Lol, good one
Old 10-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #27
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
Suns look to be lucky to make the playoffs this year. But, Robin Lopez looks really good.
I dont see how the Suns miss the Playoffs this year, they have three hall of famers(Nash,Shaq and eventually Amare imo) and a man who should have been a hall of famer (Grant Hill) on that team. And I also heard they are actually planning on playing defense this year.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Suns look listless but they will coast to 48-52 wins without a problem just on the merit of the stars.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #29
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Suns look listless but they will coast to 48-52 wins without a problem just on the merit of the stars.
That's about right. I feel they can blow up like the Mavs a year ago....plus there will be nights Amare and Shaq play down to their competition.....on paper it should be easily a 55-58 win team.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #30
Rick41
Diamond Member

If dirk is having "fun" this year, everyone better watch out.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #31
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41
If dirk is having "fun" this year, everyone better watch out.
Having Kidd, is like us having an in house, chef and butler......all we got to do is eat, all Dirk will have to do is shoot.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Having Kidd, is like us having an in house, chef and butler......all we got to do is eat, all Dirk will have to do is shoot.
great post.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #33
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Stack is pretty one-dimensional but he's still a valuable player. He was injured for part of the year and didn't have his legs. He's a clutch shooter, can get to the rim and shoot free throws and a he's good perimeter passer. That's his role. He's a streak shooter but when he's on he's tough to stop. Exactly what you want from a vet off the bench. They are usually "specialists" anyway. Brent Barry, P.J. Brown, Posey, Boynkins. They all do approx. 1 and a half things well. I mean Jarvis Hayes played virtually the same role for Detroit last year and by all accounts did a good job. Just by staying healthy and contributing off the bench he exceeded expectations. Yes Stack's getting old but can we really do better for 20 minutes a night? I'm sick of hearing "stack sux" with nothing to back it up. I really like Wright but stax still better than Wright or Green. Who would you want taking a 3 with us down by 3 with 20 seconds left in the 4th on the road at Phoenix? (Ok, other than Dirk or Jet).You can't teach clutch. You can't teach balls.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #34
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
What's really sad is that I think we could've gotten something for Devean because he was a free agent that we had Bird rights to just KVH. The real kicker is that we not only didn't trade him when we could've gotten something for him, but we actually re-signed him. Why they didn't just let him walk is beyond me.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #35
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how T.O. will react....
Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #36
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I wonder how T.O. will react....
He knew EJ's knees were gone...he'll take it in stride. The Williams addition will soften the blow.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #37
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we get to see Green run with the first teamers over the next five games. I think he's a more explosive scorer than Wright but I'm not sure that alone make him a better fit.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #38
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I hope we get to see Green run with the first teamers over the next five games. I think he's a more explosive scorer than Wright but I'm not sure that alone make him a better fit.
He'll get his chance over these next few...Kidd is sitting out tomorrow nights game though... I'm most interested to see Green with Kidd.

Last edited by sike; 10-14-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #39
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kidd is sitting out tomorrow nights game though
Is he nursing an injury? He hasn't played in almost a week.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #40
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard anything. I think they're just saving his legs. He needs the training camp/practice, maybe not as much in terms of game action right now.