Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-08-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rangers offseason thread.

The rangers traded gerald laird for two pitching prospects, one a 25 yeard old who just got to double a but put up good numbers and misses bats and the other a 17 year old who throws really hard.. They also traded jmj for a five tool prospect with bad plate discipline in golson. The top ten is out from BA.

1. Neftali Feliz, rhp
2. Derek Holland, lhp
3. Justin Smoak, 1b
4. Elvis Andrus, ss
5. Martin Perez, lhp
6. Taylor Teagarden, c
7. Engel Beltre, of
8. Michael Main, rhp
9. Julio Borbon, of
10. Max Ramirez, c/1b
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

who is JMJ??
Old 12-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

John Mayberry Junior.

I like the Laird trade. Dude is 25, but he's only been pitching in the states since he was 21.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
John Mayberry Junior.

I like the Laird trade. Dude is 25, but he's only been pitching in the states since he was 21.
statistically he was the best pitcher in minor league baseball at missing bats last year. Considering laird needed to be moved to make room for salty(my preference) or tt i think its a very nice return. Plus you can never have too many 17 year olds who can hit 96.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
Dmac25

Dmac25 is on a distinguished road

Best Farm System in Baseball
Dmac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I don't keep up with baseball as much as football and basketball so help me out here but has trading for these pitching prospects every worked for the Rangers?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

In this day and age of WIN NOW or else...it is refreshing to see the Rangers as an oganization appear to have some type of strategy to build quality within the organization that will pay out down the road.

I doubt the local MLB team will make much of a dent in the w/l column next year...but they could make some level of progress and if they continue to bring in talented youth, then they give themselves a shot to break through as a MLB Organization.

Hopefully they have the right coaching within the minors to truly develop the talent they have stockpiled. Then again, hopefully, these guys can have a few major hits in the next couple of seasons...they need 2-3 Rookies to breakthrough as MLB Winning talent in each of the next couple of seasons, while keeping some of the current high talent rolling.

What worries me is that as 2-3 players come in, 2-3 will leave...we need the guys who can't win to walk and keep the guys who can win.

The real question...who will win the next title for the Metroplex (Stars, Rangers, Mavs, Cowboys or FC Dallas)?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I don't keep up with baseball as much as football and basketball so help me out here but has trading for these pitching prospects every worked for the Rangers?
First off, the Rangers haven't always had bad pitching staffs.
Next, I cannot remember a time in which they've had a farm system that was this loaded with pitching talent. So, there's really no other time in the Rangers history to compare with the pitching talent that they now have in the minors.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #9
Dmac25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Next, I cannot remember a time in which they've had a farm system that was this loaded with pitching talent. So, there's really no other time in the Rangers history to compare with the pitching talent that they now have in the minors.
Hopefuly they use it to get some actual talent in Arlington
Old 12-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully some of the actual talent continues to progress and makes it way to Arlington.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

with matt joyce being traded from the tigers for edwin jackson im a little dissapointed. I wish we coulda done a david murphy for jackson trade and id like to think murphy has a little more value than joyce.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #12
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
with matt joyce being traded from the tigers for edwin jackson im a little dissapointed. I wish we coulda done a david murphy for jackson trade and id like to think murphy has a little more value than joyce.
Nah. Joyce slugged .490 as a 23-year-old. Murph is already 27.

My pants feel funny at the thought of the Rangers getting really, really lucky by NY signing Burnett, and the Braves trading a bag of balls for Millwood. The Rangers then sign Sheets to 2 years, player option for a 3rd, and trading Salty ++ for Greinke. That's not probable, but I wouldn't say it's unrealistic.

Sheets
Greinke
Padilla
Feldman
Harrison

With Holland replacing Padilla next year.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 12-11-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Nah. Joyce slugged .490 as a 23-year-old. Murph is already 27.

My pants feel funny at the thought of the Rangers getting really, really lucky by NY signing Burnett, and the Braves trading a bag of balls for Millwood. The Rangers then sign Sheets to 2 years, player option for a 3rd, and trading Salty ++ for Greinke. That's not probable, but I wouldn't say it's unrealistic.

Sheets
Greinke
Padilla
Feldman
Harrison

With Holland replacing Padilla next year.
were not getting greinke for salty. Ill be suprised if we dont end up with bucholz though.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #14
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
were not getting greinke for salty. Ill be suprised if we dont end up with bucholz though.
Not JUST Salty. Salty ++. Poveda, Hurley, Borbon, Vallejo, even.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #15
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I see. It just seems like every season I hear about the Rangers trading for pictures in the minors but we never hear or see any of them make it to the majors and actually do something. But like I said I don't really keep up with baseball but for a team that isn't willing to spend much money I think the only way the Rangers will ever become a legit contender is if they develop pitching within. Which is a lot harder than it sounds.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #16
Dmac25

how about keeping Millwood the SP would look like this,only if the Rangers raise the payroll

Sheets
Padilla
Millwood
Mccarthy
Harrison
Old 12-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I see. It just seems like every season I hear about the Rangers trading for pictures in the minors but we never hear or see any of them make it to the majors and actually do something. But like I said I don't really keep up with baseball but for a team that isn't willing to spend much money I think the only way the Rangers will ever become a legit contender is if they develop pitching within. Which is a lot harder than it sounds.
the rangers will probably improve a little this year but depending on free agency still may not make the playoffs but they should explode next year.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #18
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Who closes for the Rangers next year?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #19
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Who closes for the Rangers next year?
frankie francisco or cj unless they sign someone. I think people are giving up on cj WAY too fast though id like to see frankie get the first shot. I actually think the rangers will have a NASTY bullpen for the next couple of years. I think diamond ends up in the big league pen pretty early in the year and you end up with this pen

FF
CJ
Warner
Benoit(if he doesnt get traded)
Diamond
eyre
bannister

those are some big time arms. I also think youll see kasey kiker end up in the bigs as a reliever by 2010.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #20
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If Frankie can develop the consistency -- he has some nasty stuff. He "could" be a premier closer.
CJ is good, but he is a 8th inning guy, IMO.

I see your point -- that is a good bullpen. At least it has the potential to be a very good bullpen.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 12-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
No, it's not like every season. They have never had depth like this in their minor league system when it comes to pitching.. never... not even close.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac25 View Post
how about keeping Millwood the SP would look like this,only if the Rangers raise the payroll

Sheets
Padilla
Millwood
Mccarthy
Harrison
I'd just assume move Millwood if they get a chance. When it comes to him, I'm all for dumping payroll.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #23
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac25 View Post

Sheets
Padilla
Millwood
Mccarthy
Harrison
1. The Rangers are never going to increase their payroll by that much this season.

2. As many close-to-ready starters the Rangers have, you need to keep at least three spots open for the young arms next season. It's not a win-now season, you have to give your young guys a chance.

I find myself being completely sucked in by the idea of adding Sheets. I wrote it off as a pipe dream initially (and I probably stil should be) but the note that he took his house here in Dallas off the market got my attention.

Obviously there are major injury concerns, but those concerns are the only reason you might have a shot at signing a legit ace for so little (comparatively speaking).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #24
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Sheets and potentially Randy Johnson. It'd be nice to have a veteran guy (even if he is a jerk) there to kind of give the young guys pointers and stuff.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #25
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
Sheets and potentially Randy Johnson. It'd be nice to have a veteran guy (even if he is a jerk) there to kind of give the young guys pointers and stuff.
It's not going to be both. It's either or, and even then you have to move a veteran to make room.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #26
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I would love to see Sheets, Padilla and Milwood on the staff together. That leaves two spots wide open for the young guys to compete and if we have more pitchers than spots...then perhaps at trade deadline you can get something for a Padilla or Milwood.

The though of Johnson is not attractive...seem to me like Randy for as great as he has been is just a bit past the age of usefulness and I don't know that he has the personality to actually mentor young players.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #27
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
I would love to see Sheets, Padilla and Milwood on the staff together. That leaves two spots wide open for the young guys to compete and if we have more pitchers than spots...then perhaps at trade deadline you can get something for a Padilla or Milwood.

The though of Johnson is not attractive...seem to me like Randy for as great as he has been is just a bit past the age of usefulness and I don't know that he has the personality to actually mentor young players.
Problem is that Sheets, Padilla, and Millwood will combine to rake in close to $50 million - that's way too much. You just have to dump one of them (obviously, preferably Millwood) to afford Sheets.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 12-12-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I actually would prefer to get rid of Padilla. Millwood is in a contract year and I think he's going to pitch very, very well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #29
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
I actually would prefer to get rid of Padilla. Millwood is in a contract year and I think he's going to pitch very, very well.
Padilla's also in a contract year.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #30
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Give me Sheets, Padilla, and Millwood... Hicks just needs to fork out the cash.

Then give me Randy Johnson to close, moving Frankie and CJ into the 7-8 setup roles.

That could be some absolutely nasty pitching to have to face.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #31
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Give me Sheets, Padilla, and Millwood... Hicks just needs to fork out the cash.

Then give me Randy Johnson to close, moving Frankie and CJ into the 7-8 setup roles.

That could be some absolutely nasty pitching to have to face.
ugh. several problems. One there is a 0 percent chance randy johnson closes next year. hes just sticking around to get 5 more wins so he can be at 300. No chance he gives up a shot at that. Padilla millwood and sheets eats up 45 million AND eliminates several spots for the rangers to let the youngsters pitch. The rangers have too many people they need to find out about to not keep several spots open to find out about them. Harrison and feldman deserve spots and bmac is most likely going to get one(and imo deserves one) then you still have hurley who is ready and also holland should be ready for a call up at some point next year.

I want sheets. He is a LEGIT ace when healthy. but id prefer to give up padilla if we get him. As for millwood remember he won the al era title last time he was in a contract year.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Padilla's also in a contract year.
I thought the Rangers had a club option for 2010.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #33
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
I thought the Rangers had a club option for 2010.
Yeah, they do... is that not still considered a "contract year?" Perhaps my lingo is wrong.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #34
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
ugh. several problems. One there is a 0 percent chance randy johnson closes next year. hes just sticking around to get 5 more wins so he can be at 300. No chance he gives up a shot at that. Padilla millwood and sheets eats up 45 million AND eliminates several spots for the rangers to let the youngsters pitch. The rangers have too many people they need to find out about to not keep several spots open to find out about them. Harrison and feldman deserve spots and bmac is most likely going to get one(and imo deserves one) then you still have hurley who is ready and also holland should be ready for a call up at some point next year.

I want sheets. He is a LEGIT ace when healthy. but id prefer to give up padilla if we get him. As for millwood remember he won the al era title last time he was in a contract year.
With all your good work said -- and yes you are probably correct.

You can spot start Randy Johnson and still get his 5 wins.
He could close and extend his career for years with the stuff he has.

What a problem to have 3 bonifide starting pitchers in Sheets, Padilla, and Millwood. When was the last time the Rangers had too much talent in the pitching -- someone always gets hurt -- KEEP all three. I couldn't give a rats backside if it is 45M or 450M Hicks is spending --after the pAyRod incident -- we deserve a year with a bigger payroll, and excess in pitching. I guess I remember Witt, Rogers and Brown -- but what other threesome have the Rangers had that we could get enthused over.

Right now, I don't care the price, just keep the pitching coming. Too many years of not have enough for me to not want more.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #35
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, they do... is that not still considered a "contract year?" Perhaps my lingo is wrong.
for him it definitely is because i dont see them picking up his option unless hes lights out this year.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #36
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
With all your good work said -- and yes you are probably correct.

You can spot start Randy Johnson and still get his 5 wins.
He could close and extend his career for years with the stuff he has.

What a problem to have 3 bonifide starting pitchers in Sheets, Padilla, and Millwood. When was the last time the Rangers had too much talent in the pitching -- someone always gets hurt -- KEEP all three. I couldn't give a rats backside if it is 45M or 450M Hicks is spending --after the pAyRod incident -- we deserve a year with a bigger payroll, and excess in pitching. I guess I remember Witt, Rogers and Brown -- but what other threesome have the Rangers had that we could get enthused over.

Right now, I don't care the price, just keep the pitching coming. Too many years of not have enough for me to not want more.
hey i have no problem with randy as the closer if he would be into it. I just dont see him doing it, and i dont see him coming here and putting up with the heat as a starter either. hes still pretty nasty so id be all for signing him.

I wouldnt mind having him but imo if we roll with all 4 of the vets being talked about we are giving up on bmac and feldman. I dont want to do either.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #37
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
hey i have no problem with randy as the closer if he would be into it. I just dont see him doing it, and i dont see him coming here and putting up with the heat as a starter either. hes still pretty nasty so id be all for signing him.

I wouldnt mind having him but imo if we roll with all 4 of the vets being talked about we are giving up on bmac and feldman. I dont want to do either.
Sheets, Padilla and Millwood all making it though the year healthy??? -- haven't seen it yet.

You still have room for BMac and Felman and maybe Harrison as well.
I am just hoping Nolan could convince Randy to do the closing thing. I know Randy J spoke very highly of Nolan last time I heard. This is where Nolan can put his stamp on the Rangers.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #38
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

So, do you one of you baseball people want to tell me what to think about this whole Michael Young situation?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #39
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Michael Young is being ridiculous and losing all of the credibility he ever built up here as a team-first leader.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #40
dalmations202
Diamond Member

As usual the FO screwed the pooch.

Instead of asking Young if for the betterment of the team, he would consider moving to 3rd to use his arm, etc. -- the FO told him they were moving him, and pissed him off. Especially after coming off his first Gold Glove at SS.

He is whining now, but I will admit that the FO should have handled it better. Then of course Nolan calls him, and says he can go back to second if he wants -- but Young didn't think that was fair to Kinsler.

So basically it is a pissing contest -- basically like they had with Soriano. Young is pissed that he wasn't asked -- not what they are asking, but how they did it.