Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #41
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

what a game
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #42
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Think this game is done. If Cards loose, they loose it by their stupid penalties
lol, you could have said the same thing about the Steelers and their penalties if they had lost.

Really this came down to the last play of the first half. I knew it when it happened that was going to be the play to decide the game. You just can't have a 14-point swing on one play against the Steelers and live to tell about it. Although you have to give the Cardinals credit for fighting back and having themselves in position to almost win it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #43
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

All the credit in the world to Kurt Warner -- the dude is bona fide.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #44
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Steelers won!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #45
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

the cards got screwed. the center was holding on holmes td and you have to at least review the last fumble. glad to know bad officiating isnt limited to basketball.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #46
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
lol, you could have said the same thing about the Steelers and their penalties if they had lost.

Really this came down to the last play of the first half. I knew it when it happened that was going to be the play to decide the game. You just can't have a 14-point swing on one play against the Steelers and live to tell about it. Although you have to give the Cardinals credit for fighting back and having themselves in position to almost win it.
As to the safety, you´re right, but 100 yds. penalty are by far too many, i think.

And yes. The Cardinals all in all played a really nice ball
Old 02-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

...and the refs hand the Steelers the Super Bowl - again!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #48
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

The mob had money on the Steelers. What an undeserving win.

Last edited by Fidel; 02-01-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #49
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Am i wrong ? No one on the podium lost a word on the Cardinals ?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #50
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

That was some game. It wasn't AS good as it could've been for me as a fan b/c I wasn't heavily backing a team but I did wanna see the Cards win if I had to pick.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #51
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno about you guys, but I'm fairly certain the Cowboys won the Super Bowl this year. Just saying.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #52
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why they didn't review the last play. It looked like a forward pass from my understanding.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #53
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This is one of my favorite days of the year, because football talk is about to be over
Yes sir! Especially football talk on the radio. The most boring discussions and convos go on during football talk. Especially in the Dallas area. Has been nothing but TO this, TO that. And that new Fan station over does it with the TO bashing each and everday. I'm pretty sure they'll still have lengthy Cowboys drama talk for the months to come.
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #54
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Best filler between Mavs gamedays ever. I laughed and I cried. Now lets get back to the important things in life.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #55
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

My entire sports rooting interest has been with the Mavs and soccer since the BCS championship game. But, some of the NFL playoff games, including the SB, were fairly entertaining.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-01-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #56
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Was the outcome of the game a surprise to anyone?

How many penalties on the Stealers and how many on the Cards - and at what time?

Professional Sports are great entertainment.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 02-02-2009 at 07:52 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #57
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I took the Cardinals +7...so I was a happy camper in that sense.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #58
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Penalties. Poor Cardinals beat themselves.

And Larry Fitzgerald is too fast. They scored way too fast there and before he even crossed the goal line I was thinking "Oh no"

Oh well. I'm glad it turned into a good game, and I like Coach Tomlin a lot.

Steelers 6
Cowboys 5
49ers 5
Old 02-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #59
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
And Larry Fitzgerald is too fast. They scored way too fast there and before he even crossed the goal line I was thinking "Oh no"
Hits a little too close to home for me...

Quote:
Longhorns TD Vondrell McGee rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain (Hunter Lawrence made PAT) Texas 33 - Texas Tech 32, 1:34 4th
And don't say anything, BG.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-01-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #60
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Hits a little too close to home for me...

And don't say anything, BG.
I won't say anything about that

I didn't really think that it was too quick for the Fitzy TD. That Steelers D is too tough and any chance you can get to hit the home run, you go for it. That D can turn on you and you get sacked or you get picked off.

Ben did a great job tonight of being elusive and not getting sacked as much as he should have. I also thought the Cardinals D could hold up because they did a pretty decent job of holding the Steelers to field goals when they could've punched it in.

Props to the Steelers offense
Old 02-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #61
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Steelers 6
Cowboys 5
49ers 5
It's a good kick in the ass for the Cowboys. Everybody is saying they didn't want to see the Steelers win 6 before the Cowboys, but why not? It's a rude awakening, it's what the organization deserves for letting us down all these years.
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #62
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, I didn't watch one second of this thing. heard it turned out to be a hell of a game. Dallas will be first to 7, that's all I care about.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #63
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Man, this has been a great game. So does anyone know when the last 10 seconds are going to be played?

What a gyp of an end. There's just no way you don't review that call.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:36 AM   #64
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
yeah, I didn't watch one second of this thing. heard it turned out to be a hell of a game. Dallas will be first to 7, that's all I care about.
It's debatable on if this was better than the Pats/Giants from last year, but this was pretty dang good. It had historical moments and just natural exciting moments.

I was entertained...and you missed out.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #65
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Man, the Cards blew it.

So, are the Cowboys getting Ray Lewis or what?

Last edited by craggmac; 02-02-2009 at 12:41 AM.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #66
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Okay game, until the 4th...then it turned into a great game.

I still say that was an incomplete pass...the Cards have one more play...what happened to the replay?

Unlike the BCS...at least the two best teams played for the Championship...or did they?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #67
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Porn Clip Penetrates Super Bowl Broadcast

Posted Feb 2nd 2009 2:55AM by TMZ Staff

One minute it was Kurt Warner going deep ... the next , it was some porn star!?

Super Bowl fans in Tucson, Ariz. were subjected to 30 seconds of hard core porn -- wang and all -- when somehow, the game feed was suddenly interrupted by a clip from an adult television channel.

Yes -- this actually happened.

Comcast -- the cable company in Tucson -- is working on an explanation, but right now it appears the porn break in only occurred in its standard-definition feed reaching analog TV sets.

Fortunately -- or unfortunately, depending on your taste -- high def viewers were spared the wiener shot.

UPDATE: Comcast just released this statement -- "We are mortified by last evening's Super Bowl interruption, and deeply apologize to our customers for the inappropriate programming. We are aggressively investigating the situation including the possibility of foul play."

Video coming...
http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/02/porn-c...owl-broadcast/

wow.

I guess that's what they get for watching the Super Bowl in standard def.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #68
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap man, no wonder the forum was dead yesterday afternoon!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #69
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

F***ing awsome, Flaco ! *lol*

Now the folks know the definition of " interruptus "
Old 02-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #70
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I do think the last play was a fumble (looked like the arm was still going back), but you have to review it. It's the super bowl!

Also, why in the hell did they only throw to Fitzgerald once in the first half? Don't give me this "he wasn't open" crap. Throw it anywhere near him, he will catch it. That's what got you to the super bowl, cardinals!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #71
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

"How much does it cost to look at a penis? Comcast answers that question by giving a $5 one-time discount to every subscriber in Tuscon, AZ who had their cerebellum gelatinized by seeing the porno movie that accidentally cut into the Super Bowl last night, according to a rumor a reporter we know overheard in their newsroom. Sorry we traumatized your kids, here's five bucks off."
Old 02-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #72
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

I once was in a hotel and watched 20 seconds porn. On the remote there was a sign "30 seconds are for FREE", but i only watched 20 seconds !!! When checking out the girls asked me to pay for the garage...

This is traumatizing, especially when 5 out-checkers are behind you.

...i told her i had parked my car on the road...
Old 02-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #73
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

You know those cash4gold commercials? I don't know how it had $3mm to pay for a superbowl ad but:

http://consumerist.com/5144296/10-co...4gold-employee
Old 02-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #74
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
You know those cash4gold commercials? I don't know how it had $3mm to pay for a superbowl ad but:

http://consumerist.com/5144296/10-co...4gold-employee
"I never knew my old, broken diamond earrings could have any value at all!"

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #75
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

The Long Sad History of the Cardinals.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #76
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I blame the refs. Honestly. They were just HORRID.

Here's a block in the back on the Harrison 100 yard runback

0:21 on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyeAy...eature=related

0:28 on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxSF...eature=related

Update: Here's a better video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU78_cKqFt4

The Steeler, 56 I believe, pushes Tim Hightower on the side of the shoulder and on the lower back. Unless the rules change when Pittsburg is playing, that's a block in the back.

Add yet another BLATANTLY missed call for the Super Bowl XLIII crew.

Harrison should be ejection (what a classless player...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk (around the 1:20 mark)

couple that with the numerous other bs calls and we've got a Pittsburg win...

Last edited by tcat075; 02-02-2009 at 06:28 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #77
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I blame the refs. Honestly. They were just HORRID.

Here's a block in the back on the Harrison 100 yard runback

0:21 on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyeAy...eature=related

0:28 on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxSF...eature=related

Update: Here's a better video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU78_cKqFt4

The Steeler, 56 I believe, pushes Tim Hightower on the side of the shoulder and on the lower back. Unless the rules change when Pittsburg is playing, that's a block in the back.

It wasn´t a foul

2. Clipping: Throwing the body across the back of an opponent’s leg or hitting him from the back below the waist while moving up from behind unless the opponent is a runner or the action is in close line play.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #78
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

gemandunk, that's the definition of clipping. There is also a penalty called "illegal block in the back", which is what tcat is calling for.

How about holmes using the ball as a prop in his TD celebration and not getting penalized?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #79
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
gemandunk, that's the definition of clipping. There is also a penalty called "illegal block in the back", which is what tcat is calling for.

How about holmes using the ball as a prop in his TD celebration and not getting penalized?
OK, i´ll have to get through this again. Enough time till Oct.
How would the correct defensive play ( 56 on that Card with the long hairs ) look like ?
Old 02-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #80
nikeball
Platinum Member