Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-02-2004, 03:18 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Zell Miller v. Chris Matthews

THE MILLER-MATTHEWS HARDBALL TRANSCRIPT

Matthews: Do you believe truthfully that John Kerry wants to defeat the world with spitballs?
Zell: That was a metaphor. You know what a metaphor is?

Matthews: Well, what do you mean by that metaphor?

Zell: He wanted to cancel these weapons programs. Cancel, means to do away with. I think we ought to cancel this interview.

Matthews: Well, that would be my loss Senator. Well, let me ask you about this because I think you have a view on reporters of the world. You said, “It was often the soldier, not the reporter, who has given the freedom of the press.” What was your point?

Zell: Well, it certainly got a rise out of you.

Matthews: Well, it’s a shot.

Zell: You’re a reporter. You didn’t have anything to do with the freedom of the press.

Matthews: Why did you single out reporters… Because you could get an applause line at a conservative convention.

J.C. Watts: Now come on, Chris.

Zell: You’re hopeless. I wish I was over there. In fact I wish we lived in the…

Matthews: If a Republican Senator broke ranks and spoke for the democrats would you respect him?

Zell: Yes, I’ve seen that happen from time to time.

Matthews: Jim Jeffords switched parties after getting elected…

Zell: Wait a minute, wait a minute… If you’re going to ask a question..

Matthews: It’s a tough question. It takes a few words.

Zell: Get out of my face! If you’re going to ask me a question, then step back, and let me answer! I wish we lived in a day where you can challenge a person to a duel. Now that would be pretty good. (Norah Odonell loud laughter)

Don’t pull that stuff on me like you did that young lady when you had her brow beaten to death. I’m not her! I’m not her! You get in my face I’m going to get back in your face. [Jim's note: I presume this is a reference to Michelle Malkin?]

Matthews: Senator can I speak softly to you?

Zell: No, no. You won’t give me a chance to answer. You ask these questions and then you just talk over while I’m trying to answer just like you did that woman the other day. Why don’t why I even came on this program.

Matthews: Well, I’m glad you did. Well let me ask you this…

Zell: No, Are you going to shut up after you ask me! Are going to give me a chance to answer it.

Matthews: Yes, sir. I’m going to give you a chance to answer.

Old 09-02-2004, 03:31 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Zell Miller v. Chris Matthews

Obviously Zell Miller had read the Michelle Malkin transcript or probably worse saw the show. Good for him it was a crap question and matthews knew it.

Duh...Duh....What do you mean that soldiers not reporters have given us the freedom of the press? What a moronic question.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 03:48 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Ask and it shall be given. Here's a video link to the matthews-miller death match. Via polipundit

zell calls matthews out
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 09-02-2004, 03:59 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

Good grief, even matthews is into the democrat kool-aid that somehow bush is the cause of the disagreements between the parties.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:46 AM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I was able to catch this live and promptly recorded it on Tivo. It is the singularly most hilarious interview I have ever seen. It will remain on my Tivo hardrive indefinitely for future drunken enjoyment, Miller took Mathews, bent him over, and played target practice with his anus. MSNBC was broadcasting live outside the convention, with a large crowd in the background. When Miller initially appeared on the screens, they went nuts, booing and jeering him. When Miller was done with Mathews, they were hooting and hollering, cheering Miller, and jeering Mathews. It was wonderful.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:00 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Zell Miller v. Chris Matthews

It was the most bizaare interview I have ever seen. Particularly in the way everybody was defending Miller afterward and the fact that both Miller and Matthews seemed to both be highly amused by it.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote