Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-11-2020, 01:13 AM   #1481
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

So I asked this question before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Can we waive a guy then re-sign them to a two-way contract? I know Cleveland and Reaves are still there, but could we waive one of them to make room for a guy like Broekhoff if we waived him?
Is it possible to bring him back? Anyone know the rules on this?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-11-2020 at 01:13 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2020, 12:07 PM   #1482
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:

I dunno but Cleveland really doesn't have much upside for this team, so getting Broekhoff back in the fold in that way wouldn't hurt.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:56 PM   #1483
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dorian Finney-Smith happy to master his role for the Mavericks
https://www.dallassportsfanatic.com/...the-mavericks/

Old 02-14-2020, 12:57 AM   #1484
LukaMagic
Golden Member

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Dorian Finney-Smith happy to master his role for the Mavericks
https://www.dallassportsfanatic.com/...the-mavericks/
Awesome, but none of this is really surprising. Unearth a guy with a good mindset (willing to work hard, listen and accept instructions), and physical attributes to over time excel in a precisely defined role. Case in point of how to run a basketball club.

ps Found this on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i89E4DyhVU0&t=65s I know it is heavily edited, but I wonder whether Carlisle and Nelson think it is possible that a corner three could be developed in time. If so, WCS could be the perfect long-term piece to what's being built. In the meantime, of course, he can still be used without the 3pt option.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 02-14-2020 at 12:58 AM.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:12 AM   #1485
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I would doubt if we could bring back Broekhoff. Two way contracts have a maximum allowed 45 days in the NBA for a season and he has exceeded that

Which is why we cut him instead of one of the 2 way contract players
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:27 AM   #1486
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I would doubt if we could bring back Broekhoff. Two way contracts have a maximum allowed 45 days in the NBA for a season and he has exceeded that

Which is why we cut him instead of one of the 2 way contract players
Well, we would have to cut him before we could make him a 2-way player, as a new contract would have to be put in place. Also, the 45 days do not have to be consecutive, so he can go back & forth between the Mavs and the Legends, as needed... Although that's probably why we didn't do it in the first place -- he deserves to be a full-time NBA player (but seeing as how nobody has picked him up yet, a 2-way might still be his best option).

Last edited by Underdog; 02-14-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:05 PM   #1487
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2-way might still be his best option).
Again I don't think you can sign an NBA players to a 2 way contract if they have already been with the team for 45 days in that season
Old 02-14-2020, 11:14 PM   #1488
Underdog

Quote:
Again I don't think you can sign an NBA players to a 2 way contract if they have already been with the team for 45 days in that season
Ah, I get it -- he's already put in his 45, so he can't put in more... That makes sense.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:20 PM   #1489
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Porzingis has spoken openly on several occasions about needing time to get comfortable in a new system, particularly when he was getting a large share of his shots as a spot-up shooter from 3-point range. The Mavs’ offense has evolved to mix in more midrange opportunities for Porzingis, an element of his game that he values but wasn’t analytics-friendly earlier this season. “Luka’s done a great job communicating to me [about] where I wanna get the ball,” Porzingis said. “He’s also getting used to playing with me and he’s really starting to find me in those spots where I’m comfortable, that midrange area. And slowly these things are starting to click. I think as we keep working, playing together, it’s going to get better and better and better.” – via Tim MacMahon @ ESPN
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:34 PM   #1490
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Ah, I get it -- he's already put in his 45, so he can't put in more... That makes sense.
I would have still preferred that we cut Lee. Broekhoff has a skill, Lee does not
Old 02-15-2020, 06:23 PM   #1491
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would have still preferred that we cut Lee. Broekhoff has a skill, Lee does not
Would you say he was underutilized?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:37 PM   #1492
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Would you say he was underutilized?
Yeah

I would have rather seen Broekhoff get steady minutes to see if he could develop into a 2 way player. But I would have kept him for his shooting rather than Lee's bag of nothing

If you need shooting, its always nice to have someone ready to come out firing with accuracy
Old 02-15-2020, 07:24 PM   #1493
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah

I would have rather seen Broekhoff get steady minutes to see if he could develop into a 2 way player. But I would have kept him for his shooting rather than Lee's bag of nothing

If you need shooting, its always nice to have someone ready to come out firing with accuracy
I Agree that on the court he was more valuable than Lee. Apparently his presence and mentorship off the court is worth 12+mil?

Old 02-16-2020, 12:33 AM   #1494
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I Agree that on the court he was more valuable than Lee. Apparently his presence and mentorship off the court is worth 12+mil?
Broekhoff has a skill that could help win a playoff game (like Peja in our championship year)

Lee's best scenario is to give him an emergency 10 minutes and hope he doesn't fuck things up too much while he's in the game

We have veteran mentorship in JJ, Lee is a waste of a roster spot. But I guess Cuban hates to flush 12M down the toilet without trying to get something for his money. Can't really blame him
Old 02-19-2020, 08:59 AM   #1495
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

The Biggest Lineup Decision for Every West Playoff Team
NBA coaches have two months to lock in their postseason rotations.
We examine their biggest dilemmas and which players might be left out in the cold.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/2...akers-clippers

Dallas Mavericks
Locks: Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis
Other options: Tim Hardaway Jr., Dorian Finney-Smith, Delon Wright, Seth Curry, Jalen Brunson, Maxi Kleber, and Willie Cauley-Stein

The Mavericks have gone 6-6 since Dwight Powell tore his Achilles in late January. Powell played a bigger role than his modest reputation would suggest. He was an elite roll man and versatile defender who could play with anyone.

He made life easier on the team’s other big men, too. Powell had a net rating of plus-11.9 in 498 minutes with Porzingis and plus-12.1 in 320 minutes with Kleber. That number drops to plus-3.8 in 436 minutes with Porzingis and Kleber together. The Mavs offense is built around Doncic running pick-and-rolls, and neither big is as effective in the two-man game as Powell.

Dallas traded for Cauley-Stein to replace Powell but he has yet to earn coach Rick Carlisle’s trust, averaging just 12.3 minutes in nine games. Once the playoffs arrive, Carlisle will have to either play Cauley-Stein more or downsize to smaller lineups.

The Mavs have a net rating of plus-5.4 in 182 minutes with Porzingis as the only big on the floor. That role creates more room for him to roll to the basket, while also giving Doncic more space to attack if he pops out to the 3-point line.

But that still leaves the issue of how they fill out the rest of their lineup. They don’t have a lot of two-way wings on their roster. Wright and Finney-Smith are their best defenders, but Wright rarely shoots 3s and Finney-Smith isn’t a threat with the ball in his hands.

The Mavericks’ one wing who can excel on both ends of the floor is Hardaway, who has the best net rating (plus-9.0 in 1,424 minutes) of any player in their rotation. The player right behind him? Powell.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 02-19-2020 at 08:59 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:24 AM   #1496
TicketsForSale

TicketsForSale is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know the rules for a new member to post a new thread?

I’m from Australia and have two tickets to the game on Monday night against the Timberwolves (Section 107, Row G on the aisle) however I’m having to bring my flight home forward due to a huge interview.

I’m looking to sell the tickets however seem to not be able to create a thread to do so unfortunately.
TicketsForSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:40 AM   #1497
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicketsForSale View Post

I’m from Australia and have two tickets to the game on Monday night against the Timberwolves (Section 107, Row G on the aisle) however I’m having to bring my flight home forward due to a huge interview.

I’m looking to sell the tickets however seem to not be able to create a thread to do so unfortunately.
Your best bet is to use Ticketmaster — you’ll be hard pressed to find someone to purchase them here given your lack of posting history.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:50 AM   #1498
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicketsForSale View Post

Not interested now that Broek is gone, eh?
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:07 AM   #1499
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Not interested now that Broek is gone, eh?
My interest in seeing the Mavs has precipitously fallen since he was waived.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:10 AM   #1500
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
The Biggest Lineup Decision for Every West Playoff Team
NBA coaches have two months to lock in their postseason rotations.
We examine their biggest dilemmas and which players might be left out in the cold.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/2...akers-clippers

Dallas Mavericks
Locks: Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis
Other options: Tim Hardaway Jr., Dorian Finney-Smith, Delon Wright, Seth Curry, Jalen Brunson, Maxi Kleber, and Willie Cauley-Stein

The Mavericks have gone 6-6 since Dwight Powell tore his Achilles in late January. Powell played a bigger role than his modest reputation would suggest. He was an elite roll man and versatile defender who could play with anyone.

He made life easier on the team’s other big men, too. Powell had a net rating of plus-11.9 in 498 minutes with Porzingis and plus-12.1 in 320 minutes with Kleber. That number drops to plus-3.8 in 436 minutes with Porzingis and Kleber together. The Mavs offense is built around Doncic running pick-and-rolls, and neither big is as effective in the two-man game as Powell.

Dallas traded for Cauley-Stein to replace Powell but he has yet to earn coach Rick Carlisle’s trust, averaging just 12.3 minutes in nine games. Once the playoffs arrive, Carlisle will have to either play Cauley-Stein more or downsize to smaller lineups.

The Mavs have a net rating of plus-5.4 in 182 minutes with Porzingis as the only big on the floor. That role creates more room for him to roll to the basket, while also giving Doncic more space to attack if he pops out to the 3-point line.

But that still leaves the issue of how they fill out the rest of their lineup. They don’t have a lot of two-way wings on their roster. Wright and Finney-Smith are their best defenders, but Wright rarely shoots 3s and Finney-Smith isn’t a threat with the ball in his hands.

The Mavericks’ one wing who can excel on both ends of the floor is Hardaway, who has the best net rating (plus-9.0 in 1,424 minutes) of any player in their rotation. The player right behind him? Powell.
No shocker there.

Old 02-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #1501
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
My interest in seeing the Mavs has precipitously fallen since he was waived.
Seriously? Are you also Australian?
Old 02-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #1502
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Seriously? Are you also Australian?
He's the most dynamic and charming player in the league
Old 02-20-2020, 03:39 PM   #1503
KillerLeft

Quote:
So sorry, we must have our wires crossed. I was talking about Ryan Broekhoff.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:39 PM   #1504
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hard to argue.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:41 PM   #1505
KillerLeft

Ok, I get it. You guys are f*****g with me. Good stuff.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:54 AM   #1506
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:04 AM   #1507
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:45 AM   #1508
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:54 AM   #1509
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
THJ strikes me as a guy who will be really good in regular season

But in the playoffs when defense tightens up and gets a little more physical he becomes inconsistent

I've watched the mavs for many years and the 3 guys that always drove me crazy in the playoffs were Terry, Josh Howard and M.Finley

All 3 of those guys were streaky much like THJ and could never be trusted from game to game.

Terry finally had that breakout year in 06 but I think a lot of it had to do with guys like Marion, Kidd and Chandler taking pressure off him

THJ is not very Atheletic and won't really blow by anyone so it'll be interesting to see how reacts when teams press up on here and take away his space in the playoffs for a lot of those catch and shoot 3's he gets in the regular.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:18 PM   #1510
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed in the game thread that there was some chatter about re-signing THJ. What does everyone think he would get this summer if he were to opt out? I would guess a good baseline is 4yr/60m. There are just so few teams with space its really hard to say. Will Gallo get 20m from some team? Bogdanovic 15m? I'd put him around the same tier as THJ. Harrell around 18-20m? Its only crap teams with space and maybe Miami, barring trades and maneuvering.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #1511
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I noticed in the game thread that there was some chatter about re-signing THJ. What does everyone think he would get this summer if he were to opt out? I would guess a good baseline is 4yr/60m. There are just so few teams with space its really hard to say. Will Gallo get 20m from some team? Bogdanovic 15m? I'd put him around the same tier as THJ. Harrell around 18-20m? Its only crap teams with space and maybe Miami, barring trades and maneuvering.
I mentioned Hield's contract at 4/106, but we all know Sac has to overpay to keep their players.

I think 4/80 is more of a realistic baseline with the way he has been playing lately.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:31 PM   #1512
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I mentioned Hield's contract at 4/106, but we all know Sac has to overpay to keep their players.

I think 4/80 is more of a realistic baseline with the way he has been playing lately.
I don’t care what we pay him just as long as he opts-in this summer so we can go over the cap to sign him in 2021 after we snag another FA.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:42 PM   #1513
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I don’t care what we pay him just as long as he opts-in this summer so we can go over the cap to sign him in 2021 after we snag another FA.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:49 PM   #1514
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed, but FA is a funny thing...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:03 PM   #1515
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Skin just announced on the radio Mavs fear Brunson has a torn labrum.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:10 PM   #1516
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Skin just announced on the radio Mavs fear Brunson has a torn labrum.
The good news is that players like Paul George and Kobe Bryant all fully recovered

The bad news is that Brunson is probably looking to be out until at least the offseason. That's tough if true.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:18 PM   #1517
Underdog

Quote:
The good news is that players like Paul George and Kobe Bryant all fully recovered

The bad news is that Brunson is probably looking to be out until at least the offseason. That's tough if true.
Well that sucks... I don’t think we can lean too heavily on JJB, so Wright is probably going to see an uptick in usage.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:21 PM   #1518
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
The good news is that players like Kobe Bryant all fully recovered
???
Old 02-27-2020, 05:25 PM   #1519
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
???
Prior to the helicopter crash
Old 02-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #1520
BPo001
Diamond Member

Just for source purposes..

Tim MacMahon: Sources: The Mavs fear backup PG Jalen Brunson has a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Brunson, a lefty, has been ruled out the remaining two games of this road trip but plans to return at some point and play the remainder of the season. Postseason surgery is a possibility. –