Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default NBA 2017-2018 schedule rolling out

NBA schedule rolling out
The full 2017-18 regular-season schedule is being finalized and will be announced next week.

The 2017 #NBAXmas Day Schedule!
12et: Sixers/Knicks
3et: Cavs/Warriors
5:30et: Wizards/Celtics
8et: Rockets/Thunder
10:30et: TWolves/Lakers

The first four days of the season (Oct. 17-20) will feature 14 different teams playing eight national television games as part of Kia NBA Tip-Off 2017, with TNT and ESPN airing two doubleheaders each.

National TV Games Opening Week
Date | Teams | Time (ET) | Network
Tue., Oct. 17 | Celtics at Cavaliers | 8:00 p.m. | TNT
Tue., Oct. 17 | Rockets at Warriors | 10:30 p.m. | TNT
Wed., Oct. 18 | 76ers at Wizards | 7:00 p.m. | ESPN
Wed., Oct. 18 | Timberwolves at Spurs | 9:30 p.m. | ESPN
Thu., Oct. 19 | Knicks at Thunder | 8:00 p.m. | TNT
Thu., Oct. 19 | Clippers at Lakers | 10:30 p.m. | TNT
Fri., Oct. 20 | Cavaliers at Bucks | 7:00 p.m. | ESPN
Fri., Oct. 20 | Warriors at Pelicans | 9:30 p.m. | ESPN

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 08-10-2017 at 06:36 PM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #2
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Why not -76ers/ Wolves (2 young and hungry teams)
or
Rockets / Clips (drama?)
or
Thunder / Pacers (PG13)
Old 08-10-2017, 06:33 PM   #3
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

Opening night...
Tuesday, October 17th's NBAonTNT Schedule!

8pm/et: celtics vs. cavs

10:30pm/et: Rockets vs. warriors (Ring Night)

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 08-10-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

That's a lot of games I won't be watching... No Uber, no Woodslanger, no interest.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-10-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the NBA is close to passing new rules in sitting players

Little divided on this one. Obviously it sucks to pay to see a team only for them to bring out a starting lineup of subs. On the other hand, the rule seems unenforceable and unnecessary while not addressing the bigger problem of talent/skill disparity. I'd rather watch the Spurs' subs take Houston to OT than watch the Warriors out score the Nets starters 145-68

Thoughts?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #6
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Sounds like the NBA is close to passing new rules in sitting players

Little divided on this one. Obviously it sucks to pay to see a team only for them to bring out a starting lineup of subs. On the other hand, the rule seems unenforceable and unnecessary while not addressing the bigger problem of talent/skill disparity. I'd rather watch the Spurs' subs take Houston to OT than watch the Warriors out score the Nets starters 145-68

Thoughts?
I'd be pissed if I bought tickets to see super stars and got a team full of subs. Once you realize the stars are not playing, would you even tune into the beginning of the game? I could see me checking on it later and then if it's close at the end, I would watch. But how is that different than only watching the beginning until they are up by 40 points? I guess it comes down to when are the ratings calculated for reporting purposes.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I'd be pissed if I bought tickets to see super stars and got a team full of subs. Once you realize the stars are not playing, would you even tune into the beginning of the game? I could see me checking on it later and then if it's close at the end, I would watch. But how is that different than only watching the beginning until they are up by 40 points? I guess it comes down to when are the ratings calculated for reporting purposes.
I'd be pissed too if I bought tickets to see 2nd/3rd stringers play... But I'd be even more pissed if the face of my franchise got injured because the NBA was forcing them to play too many games too close together. Especially if it's some meaningless game that doesn't affect the standings.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #8
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

If I had to make a rule (I wouldnt), it would be you can only take off home games, and it cant be nationally televised.

In reality, players love that bump in salary because of the billion dollar tv deal, but dont want what comes with it (being on national tv ALOT).
Old 08-17-2017, 12:09 AM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

When I feel bad about paying Powell 9mill

I like to remind myself that Wade exercised his 24 million option and Bulls will buy him out-- paying him his money to not play for them.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-17-2017 at 08:22 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:25 AM   #10
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I think everyone in Mavs are saddened by Powell's contract. Especially with it running until 2020. It would be tolerable for only this season, but two more seasons make it a tough pill to swallow.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #11
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
When I feel bad about paying Powell 9mill

I realie that Wade exercised his 24 million option and Bulls will buy him out-- paying him his money to not play for them.
I hope they let him rot. But theyre in full tank mode and so probably will give in and buy him out eventually.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote