Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #41
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I guess the big positive from a Mavs perspective is that Cleveland's instant savings package is off the market. As far as I know nobody else is willing and able to offer instant relief on a $10MM+ a year player.....we are willing aren't we?
A month ago I was absolutely positive that we were.

Now..I'm just about convinced we're not.

I'm just blowing in the wind I guess.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #42
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Ric Bucher says talks have stalled now but a trade was being discussed that would send Stoudamire and Barbosa to Houston for McGrady, Landry, and Brooks. Houston really wanted Richardson but the numbers wouldn't work.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #43
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Man, not a lot of nuanced salary knowledge in this thread so far....

Phoenix did this to save money (that's obvious). Pavlovic's contract is only partially guaranteed, so there's 3 mil in instant saving off his contract.

Also there's a lot of speculation that Wallace will accept a buy out and retire which could potentially save them a ton of cash.

Make no mistake, the Mavs could have made this trade and saved Cleveland more money (unless Wallace accepts a whopper of a buyout, I suppose). But as we've seen reported over the past few weeks, the Mavs clearly considered Shaq a backup, backup plan.

Sooo....it's in their court...again.
Thanks thig, I was waiting for someone to clarify my question. I guess the biggest losers here are the fans of the Phoenix Suns... unless they just care about the run n gun as well.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #44
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, saw that. I bet they find away to make it work. Also heard Houston was trying to buy a first rounder. Yao's foot may not be healing as well as expected. I am sure they want to keep Artest and add to him. They are not going to stand pat.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq & LeBron...

(I bet David Stern looks like he crashed his car into a sperm bank right about now!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #46
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfan View Post
Yeah, saw that. I bet they find away to make it work. Also heard Houston was trying to buy a first rounder. Yao's foot may not be healing as well as expected. I am sure they want to keep Artest and add to him. They are not going to stand pat.
Rumors are flying out of Houston at an unbelievable rate.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #47
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

It's done now, thats a big trade for the Cavs, they might go pretty far next season.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #48
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

If Donnie and Cubes makes no moves that is completely unacceptable and we should riot or write dirty letters! If Shaq is the backup backup plan and yet nothing happens that's better than your backup backup plan then it shows you must be completely f'n incompetent.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #49
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Shaq & LeBron...

(I bet David Stern looks like he crashed his car into a sperm bank right about now!)
Or Paris Hilton on an average Wednesday night?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #50
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know car was a euphemism for lady parts.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #51
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Whoa. I wonder when we can make a big a statement like this?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #52
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Can someone tell me why Phoenix did this? Doesn't Shaq have one year left? or does he have two
Because if Shaq's not happy, no one's happy. He became a locker room liability down here, especially with the younger players. He's great for selling tickets and fun to have around, but it takes a coach he respects to make it work. He refused to follow the rehab program the Heat trainers gave him and they were a bit irritated at the pettiness of the lavish praise he heaped on the Phoenix staff.

A diminished skills Shaq is still a force in the paint if motivated but he isn't going to dominate for any extended period. It's not a bad deal for Cleveland, Kobe getting another ring will motivate him, but I wouldn't shed any tears you didn't land him.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-for-shaq.html

Last edited by aquaadverse; 06-25-2009 at 02:28 PM.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #53
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Check.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #54
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I wonder if J. Kidd would be interested in signing a FA contract for less money to play with CLE?

Could be a very Boston type of set up to run through the East and ultimately the title. Could be a fun team to watch.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #55
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Relax guy's. I'm sure Donnie has an ace up his sleeve. I hear Yuta Tabuse has been studding it up in Summer League workouts. Then we trade for Sean Williams or Travis Diener, we're set.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #56
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta be kind of a depressing day for Cavs fans. You get all excited about making the move for Shaq and then the Magic come along and totally one-up you with the Vince Carter trade.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain caveman, clippers are born losers, kaman is clipper, what is a k-y man?, what is a kaman?