Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-21-2020, 09:49 PM   #121
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That doesn't make sense if we were forced to eat THJ's contract to get KP -- the Knicks would have jumped all over that offer... It's not like they valued Frank, who was bouncing back and forth from the G-League. Surely they could have made that deal and still found a team willing to trade a better package than Deandre Jordan/2 soon-to-be-mediocre firsts for KP/Lee.
Well, it was also eating Lees useless 1.5 years at 12m. And the two picks.

But im pretty sure the Mavs never saw THJ as "bad contract" like the Knicks did. More like "somewhat overpaid". After the trade they said they think he could play a role like Jason Terry. And look where he is now...

The Knicks wanted to erase the entire 32m of Lee/THJ and the only way was KP.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2020, 11:25 PM   #122
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody know if they have Bojangles in China?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #123
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...https://twitter.com/CallTcooks/statu...07946175864832

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:19 PM   #124
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Poor guy.

Sadly the disease also makes staying in group homes and other housing impossible because they act out during manic episodes. Someone really needs to get him under their wing, get him on some meds, and help him stay stable.

He was always a good guy, but bipolar is a hell of a disease.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:17 PM   #125
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Poor guy.

Sadly the disease also makes staying in group homes and other housing impossible because they act out during manic episodes. Someone really needs to get him under their wing, get him on some meds, and help him stay stable.

Is that really him???
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #126
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Rumor is that Harden wants out of Houston.

Some are saying he's going to force a trade to Philly to be with his three best friends, Mark, Dan, and Tony.

One fewer playoff team in the west?
Old 09-24-2020, 03:36 PM   #127
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rumor is that Harden wants out of Houston.

Some are saying he's going to force a trade to Philly to be with his three best friends, Mark, Dan, and Tony.

One fewer playoff team in the west?
Is this the Sixers want D'Antoni to get Harden rumor?

Old 09-24-2020, 04:49 PM   #128
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...star-to-philly

The rumor is that they get D'Antoni and D'Antoni gets Harden? Seems far fetched, but that's what Bleacher is positing
Old 09-24-2020, 05:22 PM   #129
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

I don't buy the Harden to Philly rumors. I think it's more likely that D'Antoni was trying to escape Harden, not just Houston.

Someone connected some dots for me today that have me wondering if CP3 lands in Philly, however.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:26 PM   #130
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I don't buy the Harden to Philly rumors. I think it's more likely that D'Antoni was trying to escape Harden, not just Houston.

Someone connected some dots for me today that have me wondering if CP3 lands in Philly, however.
That's because Harden gives up when he feels like it. Dude does it every playoffs.

It is literally the reason he flops. He doesn't want to deal with the actual rigors of the NBA.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-24-2020 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:48 PM   #131
KillerLeft

Yeah, plus you'll never convince me that D'Antoni or Morey wanted Westbrook on that team. He doesn't in any way fit into what they were trying to accomplish, analytically.

There are rumors that Harden went over their heads to the owner, and I believe them, personally.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:05 PM   #132
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That's because Harden gives up when he feels like it. Dude does it every playoffs.

It is literally the reason he flops. He doesn't want to deal with the actual rigors of the NBA.
I'm buying this.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 09-25-2020 at 01:06 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:58 AM   #133
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post

I'm not buying the Harden to Philly rumors either. I just don't see the incentive for Houston. Even with all the playoff failures, Harden is still a superstar and (statistically at least) a top 5 player. I've always been of the opinion that you don't ever trade a superstar unless you have absolutely no choice- i.e. he wants out so bad that he demands a trade and forces his way out. Even if Harden wants out that bad- and I'm skeptical that's the case- it seems incredibly strange that the specific trade partner would be picked already. I'm also extremely skeptical that Harden would want to leave Houston specifically to play for D'antoni. If Harden really does want to be traded, then Houston will probably have no shortage of offers. They would be silly not to shop him around. He may say he wants to be traded to Philly (and again, I'm skeptical that's the case), but the Rockets are under no obligation whatsoever to grant him that wish.

I'm also operating on the assumption that any potential deal would be for Embiid rather than Simmons. And then, I don't know it makes a lot of sense for either team. I don't know that Harden and Simmons would be a much better fit than Embiid and Simmons. A little I suppose, just because the spacing would be better, but do you really want to pair your Magic Johnson prototype in Simmons with literally the most ball-dominant player ever? And if you're Houston, you're almost certainly stuck with Westbrook for another three years. Do you really want to build your team around a Westbrook/Embiid pairing? That seems a MUCH worse fit than Harden/Westbrook and Embiid/Simmons.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:01 AM   #134
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
And if you're Houston, you're almost certainly stuck with Westbrook for another three years.
Off topic, but man that Westbrook trade turned out to be total disaster. I mean, it wasn't exactly hard to predict, but jeez, they're really in a bad spot now.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:37 PM   #135
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Default Glad Cuban has reached out

Quote:
Poor guy.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...r-delonte-west
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #136
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Delonte smiling on that horse. This could boost Cuban’s cred among the players. Cousins tweeted something about Cuban being a real one.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 06:35 AM   #137
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Harrison Barnes - 21% from 3 & playing 32min per

Dennis Smith Jr. in 4th quarters
25 assists (2nd in NBA)
3 turnovers
8 steals (most in NBA)

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 11-12-2022 at 12:05 PM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:37 PM   #138
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Brunson just got wrecked in that Sunday matinee game against OKC

Knicks fans are taking turns pooping on him
Old 11-13-2022, 10:47 PM   #139
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Brunson just got wrecked in that Sunday matinee game against OKC

Knicks fans are taking turns pooping on him
Doesn't have the same ability to blend into the team defense we had last year. Absolute menace on the offensive end, but predictably bad on defense with a misaligned roster.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 11:07 PM   #140
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Brunson's defense killed us vs GS in the wcf. I saw something earlier about Barrett being worn out having to cover Brunson on defense.

145 points lol. I thought their coach was supposed to be known for defense?

Old 11-14-2022, 12:03 PM   #141
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I read they yanked Brunson for the 4th quarter lol

He's balling offensively, but our no 3 all d guys covered him up last year.

Wont take long for the pressure of NY fans/media to ramp up on Brunson.
Old 11-19-2022, 12:38 AM   #142
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Brunson 2-13 and 13 points vs GSW
Dont miss that

Last edited by Scoobay; 11-19-2022 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-19-2022, 10:04 AM   #143
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Brunson 2-13 and 13 points vs GSW
Dont miss that
GS is his kryptonite.

Old 12-16-2022, 02:50 AM   #144
Scoobay
Golden Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/22-old-nb...013818622.html

Tyrell terry retiring? officially.
Mental health and anxiety are hard - hope he gets himself right and that he can succeed in life