Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-03-2004, 05:14 PM   #41
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default RE:Mavs trade - Breaking news from ESPN 103.3

Quote:
Man, what a deal! Anyone else think the Rockets are kicking themselves right about now?
If they aren't, then they should be. We gave up a young point guard of rather uncertain potential and a second round choice for a solid, veteran point guard.

I think this is essentially a rent-a-player move. Armstrong is on the final year of his contract and I hope Dallas doesn't feel it needs to bring him back next year because Harris/Terry/Daniels will be ready to handle the point.

Who goes on the injured list now when Finley comes back? Mbenga? Daniels (who really is hurt)?
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2004, 05:15 PM   #42
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Mavs trade - Breaking news from ESPN 103.3

My question for you guys is...when Fin comes back....who sits on the IR. Hopefully not Harris
Old 12-03-2004, 05:19 PM   #43
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

When Fin comes back, Marquis may sit a while to get healthy. From what I understand, Terry's ankle is also still bothering him.

The permanent resident of the IR once everybody gets healthy, though, is Benga. He will join Pavel and TAW there.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:21 PM   #44
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Let me be clear: I think the trade itself is a no-brainer. Dickau had nothing in his bag. Armstrong is having a terrible shooting year, but he's a good player even at his advanced age. He will give the team an experienced playmaker -- something they really don't have right now.

That said, I want Harris to develop. He won't without playing.
KG I think Harris can still get enough PT to develop while not starting and having his minutes reduced. Ideally it would be best to bring Harris off the bench and play him as many minutes as he can handle while playing good and significantly less when playing horrible. But Nellie doesn't need to treat Harris like Bradley, and play him capricously without logical rhyme nor reason. I also think that Harris needs to get at least 10 minutes per game even if he's stinking it up so that he can learn from his mistakes. However if we limit Harris to just 10 minutes now on his horrible nights that either pushes Terry to play 38 or forces Daniels or another non PG to play the point (unless you consider Dickeau an option). I don't know if we can get Harris ready by the playoffs this year either. If not, then he needs to sit and watch while we go with our best shot to win now. I don't think that we can afford to throw away post seasons just to develop Harris.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:22 PM   #45
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: GP
Quote:
Originally posted by: Speedy
Man, what a deal! Anyone else think the Rockets are kicking themselves right about now?
Barrett looked good last night. Easily their most effective point guard. Armstrong would've been a great addition to the Rockets, but lets be realistic. The rockets are in the same division as the Mavs so we want them to do poorly. I am glad they didn't get Armstrong.
GP I agree 100%. That was the point I was trying to make. Still shocked with how little we had to give up.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:22 PM   #46
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
When Fin comes back, Marquis may sit a while to get healthy. From what I understand, Terry's ankle is also still bothering him.

The permanent resident of the IR once everybody gets healthy, though, is Benga. He will join Pavel and TAW there.
Benga definitely looks like we need to place him there for now since doesn't appear ready for prime time NBA play as of yet.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:23 PM   #47
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

the main objective in this trade served was management sending out the firm message that no door slamming on Dirk's digits will be allowed... all guilty parties shall be...

BANISHED TO NEW ORLEANS!!

Secondly, it's a good trade. Harris will still get around 10 minutes a game and he'll earn more if he plays well.. Armstrong won't be back next year and a year of grilling and practicing will help Devin without hurting us in games.

edit: English improvement.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:23 PM   #48
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
I'd like Harris to come off the bench and have Terry start. How does one go from the starting line up to being the odd man out just like that? I agree with the people here that think Armstrong shouldn't be brought here to take harris' minutes. He won't just be the odd man out and participate only in training and develop. He needs minutes to develop, no one gets better from sitting on the bench.

Mike Redd developed into a pretty good player sitting behind Ray Allen.
He didn't develop by sitting. He developed by playing.

You think Harris is gonna sit? I see no reason to believe why he can't get anywhere from 15-20 minutes a game. That's what he should be getting from the get go anyway. He shouldn't be starting. He should earn his minutes just like everyone else on this team. This is exactly how Josh and Marquis become so good. Nellie didn't just give the minutes for the hell of it. They earned it.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:24 PM   #49
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Barrett looked good last night. Easily their most effective point guard. Armstrong would've been a great addition to the Rockets, but lets be realistic. The rockets are in the same division as the Mavs so we want them to do poorly. I am glad they didn't get Armstrong.
GP I agree 100%. That was the point I was trying to make. Still shocked with how little we had to give up.
Chum wonder if Cubes dropped a couple of bucks to make this happen. Supposedly the Hornets oweners is cheaper than Scrooge.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:26 PM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

This trade, if it goes through gets

It's probably hard news to take for Harris to get, the day after he got the plaque for rookie of the month, but after 379 minutes of NBA play, he really doesn't look like he can handle it just yet. That dunk was insane, his defense has been stellar at times and 1.53spg is pretty good, but 2.7apg in 22.3mpg with 1.47TO, isnt really going to cut it.

I just hope this means two things. 1) Terry moves into the starting spot and 2) Harris works on both strength and conditioning and point guard fundamentals (With AJ). I hope he gets some time, too, but I dont like depending on him for 20 minutes a game.

Armstrong is very, very quick, he's averaging 4.6apg and 3.4rpg. His offense has been pretty off so far, but he's currently 16th in FT% at 90.5%, and he's shown in the past that he can shoot the three very effectively when hot.

He's just an older point guard who hasn't lost a lot of speed, and who can still contribute. At 36 and with his NVE scoring potential, he will be great coming off the bench in 10-20mpg. He's had to play up to 38 mpg in NOH three times this season and I'm sure he'll be glad to be coming from a 1-13 team that is crumbling fast to an 11-6 team where he can really help us in the ball movement category in more limited minutes that will preserve his body.

Jamison, Najera, Walker, Delk, Fortson, cash and two first round picks for Erick Dampier, Jason Terry, Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Alan Henderson, Calvin Booth and Darrell Armstrong
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:27 PM   #51
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Dub, with the way he has been playing Nellie is fully justified in making Terry the starter....To start him and give him even fewer minutes seems almost cruel

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:30 PM   #52
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

The Hornets owner saved about $2.5 million this year, via this trade.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:34 PM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

New Orleans supposedly has too few players right now....Dont know why they would trade a 28.4mpg for....Dick.

Hornets get an exemption to add a player

NEW ORLEANS The Hornets wanted to have a new player on the roster by yesterday, but now that won't happen until Saturday when they host Detroit.
The N-B-A granted the Hornets an exemption that allows them to have four players on the injured list. But Jamaal Magloire won't be added to the list with a broken right finger until Saturday -- the same day the team expects a targeted Continental Basketball Association player to undergo a physical and sign a contract. Officials did not identify the C-B-A player.

Baron Davis, Rodney Rogers and Jamal Mashburn already are on the injured list.

The Detroit game tips off at 7 p-m.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:36 PM   #54
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

The Hornets owners need to be run out of the NBA. They took a great franchise with a great following and reduced it to rubbish. It got so bad that they had to move out of town. They are a disgrace.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:40 PM   #55
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

LRB, you and FFM have convinced me. I love Armstrong's game, and he does give us an experienced guy to fill the gap until Harris is ready to be our point guard. Marquis Daniels earned his time; Devin will too.

When Harris is playing well, Armstrong may not even have to play. When he's not, Armstrong gives us a guy that can play 25-30 mpg in a pinch with ease.

Old 12-03-2004, 05:41 PM   #56
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

You think the Mavs are loading up on PG talent for a trade for Kidd??????
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:43 PM   #57
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The Hornets owners need to be run out of the NBA. They took a great franchise with a great following and reduced it to rubbish. It got so bad that they had to move out of town. They are a disgrace.

JR Smith brings them a future. This guy looks like he's really gonna be a player. They have Jamal Mashburn who was an all star before he became so injury prone and also have Baron and Maglore who are two current all stars. I think the word disgrace is a bit harsh just because they lost Darrell Armstrong. If they were in the East they would be a top 5 team. Only thing I will ever fault them for is for firing Paul Silas after having that team overachieve for so many years.

1996-2005
Old 12-03-2004, 05:45 PM   #58
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

>Dallas receives: PG Darrell Armstrong (10.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 4.6 apg in 29.4 minutes)

Hmm, it's okay. For dickau it is an improvement. His assists will help. Maybe he will be the one to finally create on offense.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:49 PM   #59
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Anybody ever seen Inside Stuff when they show how the Hornets prepared to play us earlier in the season for their opener at home? The way he carried himself was sort of like a coach. I think he will do wonders for us not just on the court but off the court as well.

1996-2005
Old 12-03-2004, 05:50 PM   #60
NoHeartIncluded

NoHeartIncluded is on a distinguished road

The thing I like best about this trade is the intensity DA brings to this team. Here is a guy that has had to fight for everything he has his entire career both in the CBA and NBA. He is exactly what this team needed for the stretch run.
He has playoff experience and can play D among the best of them. Welcome to Big D DA!

-Jimmy Valvano
NoHeartIncluded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:51 PM   #61
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

the spin from New Orleans

“This move helps our team by letting Junior Harrington and Alex Garcia see more playing time,” said Hornets General Manager Allan Bristow

From NBA.com: the link from the main page titled, "Hornets Trade Darrell Armstrong To Dallas". I guess its official

New Orleans - The Hornets have acquired guard Dan Dickau and a 2005 second round draft pick from the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for guard Darrell Armstrong.

“This move helps our team by letting Junior Harrington and Alex Garcia see more playing time,” said Hornets General Manager Allan Bristow. “We see bright futures for both of them and feel very comfortable with them receiving more minutes and continuing to develop.”

Armstrong, who was signed by the Hornets as a free agent on July 29, 2003, averaged 10.6 points and 4.0 assists in 93 total games for the team. He averaged 10.1 points and 4.6 points in 14 games this season.

“I’ve been very impressed with Junior and Alex and they’ve earned this opportunity,” said Hornets Head Coach Byron Scott. “Darrell is a true professional and a great veteran, but he is approaching the end of his career and this move will benefit the Hornets.”

Dickau had appeared in four games with the Mavericks this season, averaging 1.3 points in 4.0 minutes. The 6-0 guard has also played in Atlanta and Portland and holds career averages of 2.9 points and 1.3 assists in 97 games.

“This trade is a great example of how we will continue to make every effort to improve our team,” said Hornets Majority Owner George Shinn. “I’m confident that Allan and his staff are doing everything possible to make our organization better both at present and in the future.”
Old 12-03-2004, 05:53 PM   #62
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Quote:
Quote:

JR Smith brings them a future. This guy looks like he's really gonna be a player. They have Jamal Mashburn who was an all star before he became so injury prone and also have Baron and Maglore who are two current all stars. I think the word disgrace is a bit harsh just because they lost Darrell Armstrong. If they were in the East they would be a top 5 team. Only thing I will ever fault them for is for firing Paul Silas after having that team overachieve for so many years.
The disgrace has nothing to do with Armstrong, but how they alienated all of their fans in Charlotte to the point that no one would even attend a game. They don't understand how to market their team or how to put a good product on the floor. They fired Silas who is a great coach for no reason at all and now they have a team that is absolutely horrible. I'd bet money that in a couple of years they are going to be trying to relocate again when they can't blackmail the community into paying for a new arena or something else. They tried to extort the Charlotte community and it backfired on them.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:54 PM   #63
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Eman
You think the Mavs are loading up on PG talent for a trade for Kidd??????
This would give them a PG type for NJ, without having to include Terry or Harris. So it makes sense from that angle - but it also makes sense if the Mavs are just getting something more usable and needed than Dickau, too.

Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:55 PM   #64
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
LRB, you and FFM have convinced me. I love Armstrong's game, and he does give us an experienced guy to fill the gap until Harris is ready to be our point guard. Marquis Daniels earned his time; Devin will too.

When Harris is playing well, Armstrong may not even have to play. When he's not, Armstrong gives us a guy that can play 25-30 mpg in a pinch with ease.

Yea that's all i'm saying. I'm not sure what to expect from the addition but I would think this would limit Harris' minutes somewhat but I don't see why he still can't play anywhere from 15-20 a night. I wonder who does start though. My pick goes to Terry but Nellie may still be thinking he wants that spark off the bench. I was also on the bandwaggon to bring him in last season. We got Best instead which thought was a pretty good consolation prize. I hope DA can bring more to the table than Best can because he looked confused out on the court.

1996-2005
Old 12-03-2004, 05:59 PM   #65
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The disgrace has nothing to do with Armstrong, but how they alienated all of their fans in Charlotte to the point that no one would even attend a game. They don't understand how to market their team or how to put a good product on the floor. They fired Silas who is a great coach for no reason at all and now they have a team that is absolutely horrible. I'd bet money that in a couple of years they are going to be trying to relocate again when they can't blackmail the community into paying for a new arena or something else. They tried to extort the Charlotte community and it backfired on them.

Okay i'll agree with you on blackmailing Charlotte. I didn't know that is what you meant in your post. I got the impression that Charlotte was a bad city who didn't support their NBA team but then I hear a year later that they play on bringing in an expansion team called the Bobcats? Didn't make sense to bring another team to lowly Charlotte but yea the Hornets organization is definately not one of the best. I thought you ewre referring to the team in general as a disgrace.

1996-2005
Old 12-03-2004, 06:10 PM   #66
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I like it. It's not the kind of move I'd be drooling over but how can you not make this trade? I'm not too concerned about Devin's minutes being cut back in the short term. Darrell's only got one year left, and gives us a solid veteran to hold down the fort while Devin's learning the game. If Devin figures it out before the playoffs I'm sure Nellie will play him, and since Darrell's contract only runs one year it's not like we're taking on any kind of long term commitment that could seriously stunt his growth.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:12 PM   #67
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Dickau has now been on 5 teams (that is including the Kings who drafted him and immediately traded his rights). I fell bad for a guy being moved around that much...gotta be harsh, especially because he isn't even making much at all (for NBA standards). Atleast he doesn't have kids in school yet.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:12 PM   #68
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

its the kind of move we should make. It's a small deal that will make us better without threatening to drastically change the team we've put together. As hard as it is to be patient, it isnt time for a blockbuster trade.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:15 PM   #69
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
Dickau has now been on 5 teams (that is including the Kings who drafted him and immediately traded his rights). I fell bad for a guy being moved around that much...gotta be harsh, especially because he isn't even making much at all (for NBA standards). Atleast he doesn't have kids in school yet.
Sucks that he moves so much, but his contract will be worth 2.5 million by the end of this year. That isnt anything compared to most of the NBA, but it certainly is a very good amount. I could live very well on that (35k a year) for 71 years.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:20 PM   #70
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Armstrong will be nothing but a positive for this team, another good vet pg (like AJ) for Harris to be around.
Quote:
Darrell's contract only runs one year it's not like we're taking on any kind of long term commitment that could seriously stunt his growth.
this is why Kidd is not coming...Armstrong will be a decent backup stop gap until year two when Harris comes into his own.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:23 PM   #71
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

this trade is a quality low key trade that'll help our team...i like
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:34 PM   #72
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

this is a nice trade we did we gave up a player that never plays for one that can do stuff for us so i hope terry starts then he comes off the bench harris can be third string
Old 12-03-2004, 06:52 PM   #73
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Does this sound like a repeat of "Tony Delk"? Smallish tweener that is a tough defender and can push the ball. Not a true pg. I'm not sure if I like the trade because I don't know what Nellie will do. He'll probably declare Armstrong as the starting pg for a few games. My question is: Why not start Terry and let Harris get his minutes? Is that too conventional? Terry is a proven pg and his confidence is probably shrinking away on the bench. Get Terry to start and let him get his confidence back.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:22 PM   #74
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know the guy but Harris was not getting it done. and you can't sit around and wait in the west, everyone will blow right by you. the mavs don't have the luxury of waiting for the rook to quit making so many mistakes, not getting to the right guy.

Harris brings a lot of talent and I believe he did beat out terry, it's just that was in pre-season when no one really tried to take advantage of him. He's blowing right now.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:27 PM   #75
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Tony Delk: career 1.9apg guy. His best season was with Boston where he had 3.6 assists per game
Darell Armstrong: career 4.9apg guy. His best season was with Orlando where he averaged 7 assists per game

Delk: career 33.8% 3pt shooting (30.3% in Dallas)
Armstrong: career 33.7% 3pt shooting

Delk: career 1.90rpg guy. Best season was 2.70 in 01-02 with Boston
Armstrong: career 3.20rpg guy (3.40rpg this year). Best season was 00-01 with Orlando where he had 4.6rpg

Delk: career 40.5% FG shooter.
Armstrong: career 41.5% FG shooter.

Delk: career 0.83spg guy. Best season was 1.07spg in 02-03
Armstrong: career 1.64spg guy. Best season was 2.16spg in 98-99

Old 12-03-2004, 07:31 PM   #76
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I guess we will see what happens. I just have a feeling that this guy will be starting a few games.

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Tony Delk: career 1.9apg guy. His best season was with Boston where he had 3.6 assists per game
Darell Armstrong: career 4.9apg guy. His best season was with Orlando where he averaged 7 assists per game

Delk: career 33.8% 3pt shooting (30.3% in Dallas)
Armstrong: career 33.7% 3pt shooting

Delk: career 1.90rpg guy. Best season was 2.70 in 01-02 with Boston
Armstrong: career 3.20rpg guy (3.40rpg this year). Best season was 00-01 with Orlando where he had 4.6rpg

Delk: career 40.5% FG shooter.
Armstrong: career 41.5% FG shooter.

Delk: career 0.83spg guy. Best season was 1.07spg in 02-03
Armstrong: career 1.64spg guy. Best season was 2.16spg in 98-99
Old 12-03-2004, 07:37 PM   #77
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I dont want him starting when the guys are healthy, but giving Terry more time off the court will only help Terry's ankle and his health throughout the season.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:14 PM   #78
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

i want terry to start let harris play a little but let him get better then give him more mins for know let terry start and armstrong come off the bench
Old 12-03-2004, 11:31 PM   #79
Day1MavsFan

Day1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really nice

I think this was a great move. Harris isn't ready. Terry isn't a true point, as advertised, plus he's hurting. Daniels is really hurting. We are almost last in the league in assists. We really needed the help! Look no further than that.
Day1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:39 PM   #80
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Day1MavsFan
I think this was a great move. Harris isn't ready. Terry isn't a true point, as advertised, plus he's hurting. Daniels is really hurting. We are almost last in the league in assists. We really needed the help! Look no further than that.
If you think that Terry isn't a point guard, then you aren't going to be too happy with Armstrong. They are both more than capable, but Armstrong is no more of a pure point than Terry.