Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #4081
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
Unless you are getting 1997 Duncan (and who stays 4 years in school anymore really?) even the best talent will struggle for a couple of years
Jeremy Lin.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #4082
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Are we missing something? Everything for a week or so has been Nets, Nets, Nets... Not even a hint of Dallas. The Nets are now making a trade that appears to have Deron's approval. I mean why is he approving trades for a team that he won't be on? Writing has been on the wall but we're only seeing that wall through Blue tinted glasses I'm afraid. Lets just hear the official announcement so we can move on....
What I don't understand is why that poll flipped from 60/40 mavs to 65/35 Nets in the span of a day or two. Just because of the Joe Johnson thing? I guess people think that's a hell of a lot more persuasive than I do.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #4083
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't understand how someone like Dwyer can write something like this:

Link

Quote:
He wasn't going to Dallas, Billy. He was never going to turn down less money, and we don't blame him.
More importantly, he was never going to choose riding out the end of Dirk Nowitzki's fabulous career over the intrigue that comes with playing for a team with myriad options like the Nets. Dallas owner Mark Cuban probably wouldn't sneeze at paying the luxury tax, even with the additional penalties the new Collective Bargaining Agreement put in place, but the Mavs were and are limited in their options. The Nets? Even passing on the Dwight Howard ideal, they had room to move.
I mean, what the hell? How does someone with such a prominent position in NBA journalism feel ok writing something like that? Especially when DWill is continuing to drag his feet on a decision?

It drives me nuts, because it will feed the crowd of Mavs fans that want to cry "DWill was never coming here!!" if he stays with the Nets.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #4084
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I just don't understand how someone like Dwyer can write something like this:

Link

I mean, what the hell? How does someone with such a prominent position in NBA journalism feel ok writing something like that? Especially when DWill is continuing to drag his feet on a decision?

It drives me nuts, because it will feed the crowd of Mavs fans that want to cry "DWill was never coming here!!" if he stays with the Nets.
I clicked on that article last night, read a couple sentences, got to this part:
Quote:
They've ensured that their team will potentially have one of the better backcourts in the NBA...
and immediately stopped reading.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #4085
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
What I don't understand is why that poll flipped from 60/40 mavs to 65/35 Nets in the span of a day or two. Just because of the Joe Johnson thing? I guess people think that's a hell of a lot more persuasive than I do.
That poll doesn't reflect anything except for the direction that the media is trying to sway the masses - as if Deron Williams is going to make his decision based on public consensus or something. This all feels very similar to the way they tried to talk-up the Knicks' chances against the Heat in the playoffs this year (or the Jets' chances of winning a Super Bowl every year), as if their opinions can somehow dictate reality... This ain't politics!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #4086
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
You know I believe the mavs would be one of 3 teams that could win a title next year with D12. With Deron I think we're the fun to watch 50 win teams that loses in the second round.
I agree with this. With deron we won't have enough inside presence to win it. Certainly not with haywood in the middle.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #4087
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think it has more to do with the media constantly making it out that he is leaning to signing with Brooklyn. I remember the quote being he is leaning in one direction and of course that morphed into he is leaning Brooklyn. That may be the case but they dont know yet they report it that way. Not to mention that they keep spinning this Dwight thing as if he will eventually be a Net one way or another irrespective of the odds.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #4088
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I agree with this. With deron we won't have enough inside presence to win it. Certainly not with haywood in the middle.
What makes you think Haywood would be holding down the middle? Pretty sure we'd have to amnesty him to make Deron fit...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #4089
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
RT @Chris_Broussard Source: Deron Williams is working out at the Nets practice facility right now.
Well, I'm not sure there's any way to positively spin that.....yikes.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #4090
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Damn, things looking a bit grim.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #4091
vcmavs25

vcmavs25 has a spectacular aura aboutvcmavs25 has a spectacular aura aboutvcmavs25 has a spectacular aura about

Meh i want this thing to end already
vcmavs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #4092
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure there's any way to positively spin that.....yikes.
It's coming from Chris Broussard?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #4093
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you want him to work out? It's a long commute driving to dallas for a morning workout..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #4094
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I've been warming up to the idea of Nash the past couple of days. His improved defensive numbers the last two season have me excited to see him and Dirk ride off into the sunset together. Two of the most efficient scorers in the games please.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #4095
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Where do you want him to work out? It's a long commute driving to dallas for a morning workout..
I'm pretty sure he has more options than 1) work out at Nets facility, or 2) drive to Dallas to work out.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #4096
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I've been warming up to the idea of Nash the past couple of days. His improved defensive numbers the last two season have me excited to see him and Dirk ride off into the sunset together. Two of the most efficient scorers in the games please.
I wouldn't be too confident on Nash, given what Toronto has already offered him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #4097
LonghornDub

Quote:
I wouldn't be too confident on Nash, given what Toronto has already offered him.
I don't see how we can compete with that offer, especially given indications that it will lead into an executive position there after his retirement from playing.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #4098
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, you don't work at their facility before you break their hearts.

Not the end of times but not a great sign.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #4099
Underdog

Quote:
Tommy Dee: hearing Nash is mulling the #knicks sign and trade offer as we speak. Will he choose the money? Knicks will move to J Kidd if Nash passes

Old 07-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #4100
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True, but he hasn't accepted the offer yet so who knows...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #4101
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't see how we can compete with that offer, especially given indications that it will lead into an executive position there after his retirement from playing.
I have to believe they'd hire Steve after his career as a player is over regardless of where he plays the next couple seasons.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #4102
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

I see it coming

2013 1st round, 10min to go in the 4th....

PG: Lin - Delonte
SG: Roddy - DoJo
SF: Carter - Marion (out with sprained calf after playing 40min per game during the reg. season)
PF: Dirk - Cardinal
C: Camby - Mutombo

Last edited by markus1234; 07-03-2012 at 10:37 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #4103
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Our PG options may be evaporating. It probably makes good sense to atleast make contact with these guys (like the Nets have but not in a panicky way). As there are more open PG spots than capable starting PGs, if Dragic/Nash/Deron/Lin all bolt - what are we left with?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #4104
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I have to believe they'd hire Steve after his career as a player is over regardless of where he plays the next couple seasons.
Could be. Could be.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #4105
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Yeah, you don't work at their facility before you break their hearts.

Not the end of times but not a great sign.
I damn sure would!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #4106
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well, a few people seem to believe he is just clearing his head... and he is also getting ready ready for the Olympics.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #4107
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Dragic anyone?
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #4108
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Our PG options may be evaporating. It probably makes good sense to atleast make contact with these guys (like the Nets have but not in a panicky way). As there are more open PG spots than capable starting PGs, if Dragic/Nash/Deron/Lin all bolt - what are we left with?
Jason Kidd or Raymond Felton... Andre Miller could've been an option, but re-signed with the Nugs.

Ouch.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #4109
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

PG options would be Lou Williams (combo guard), Kidd, Sessions, Jameer Nelson, Felton, Hinrich.
Oh, and the obvious: Delonte West.

Nash might be harder to get as he talks to more teams, but he'll still be open to talking to the Mavs. I'm still very into Dragic.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-03-2012 at 10:41 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #4110
LonghornDub

If they don't get DWill or Dwight, my choice would be Dragic (or maybe Lin).

Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #4111
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

It's over guys he's staying with the Nets. Probably a retarded decision without Howard they aren't even as good as the Knicks. It was about the money after all.

Mavericks should target Nash, possibly Eric Gordon, and a veteran big man or two in order to compete towards the end of Dirk's career. It's a shame Deron Williams didn't want to be apart of the Mavericks organization, but he will regret it when he looks back on his career.

Reminds me a hell of a lot of the whole Baron Davis-Elton Brand scenario a few years back. Davis and Brand wanted to play together on the Clippers (allegedly) and in the end Davis ended up on the Clippers (where he rotted away and they missed the playoffs with a mediocre roster) and Brand ended up on the 76ers (where he has been decent and seen a few playoff years). If Deron chooses the Nets, which looks about 95% at this point, he will be making the same mistake.

Last edited by CanadianMavsFan; 07-03-2012 at 10:43 AM.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #4112
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
PG options would be Lou Williams (combo guard), Kidd, Sessions, Jameer Nelson, Felton, Hinrich.
Oh, and the obvious: Delonte West.

Nash might be harder to get as he talks to more teams, but he'll still be open to talking to the Mavs. I'm still very into Dragic.
These options are so awful it's not even funny. Dragic is the only one I'd be satisfied with.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #4113
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd personally rather have Lin than Nash or Dragic.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #4114
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If they don't get DWill or Dwight, my choice would be Dragic (or maybe Lin).
Dragic reminds me of a poor man's Nash (soon to be richer), but with more grit on the defensive end of the floor. He'll be a pest on the defensive end of the floor.

Offensively, he'll get to the bucket, he'll make guys better and he has some touch from long distance. There's not a lot not to like other than he hasn't had a lot of time as a real starter.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #4115
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If they don't get DWill or Dwight, my choice would be

because then it is absolutely clear, that we have ZERO chances to compete with the best of them.

Dirk will retire asap, Tyson will laugh his butt off and MAVS will become a punching bag for the next 5+ yrs.

Last edited by markus1234; 07-03-2012 at 10:52 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #4116
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Dallas attempting to snag Lowry is completely out of the question? I thought he was available and Houston wasn't asking much.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #4117
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan View Post
It's over guys he's staying with the Nets. Probably a retarded decision without Howard they aren't even as good as the Knicks. It was about the money after all.

Mavericks should target Nash, possibly Eric Gordon, and a veteran big man or two in order to compete towards the end of Dirk's career. It's a shame Deron Williams didn't want to be apart of the Mavericks organization, but he will regret it when he looks back on his career.

Reminds me a hell of a lot of the whole Baron Davis-Elton Brand scenario a few years back. Davis and Brand wanted to play together on the Clippers (allegedly) and in the end Davis ended up on the Clippers (where he rotted away and they missed the playoffs with a mediocre roster) and Brand ended up on the 76ers (where he has been decent and seen a few playoff years). If Deron chooses the Nets, which looks about 95% at this point, he will be making the same mistake.
I agree. It's a horrible decision basketball wise but he likes the area and so does his wife. The money doesn't hurt either. It looks like the best decision for him and his wife if that's what makes em happy.
Unfortunately there aren't enough Dirk, Lebron, Kobe types where it's all about the game. That's what separates the good from the greats. I don't blame Deron.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #4118
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

How do you know??? Source?

Old 07-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #4119
CanadianMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post

because then it is absolutely clear, that we have ZERO chances to compete with the best of them and MAVS will become a punching bag for the next 5+ yrs.
Haha you love Trainspotting eh? I don't blame you. Such a fantastic movie, one of my top 5 favorites of all time.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #4120
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Dallas attempting to snag Lowry is completely out of the question? I thought he was available and Houston wasn't asking much.
It's not, but they'll hold on to him if they can't get Dragic (who appears to be the guy they'd like a little more on a variety of levels). Dragic and HOU seem to be apart on the money so if that's the case, they'll just run with Lowry.

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight