Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-30-2003, 01:06 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs build off this win tonight.

Looking forward to the Dirk/KG matchup.

Fin continues his hot shooting of late.

Bradley, Raef and Bell play key roles as well.

Mavs win, 106-89.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:07 AM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Mavs 101
TWolves 95
Old 01-30-2003, 01:23 AM   #3
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

Nash and NVE better show up, too. Who's in the Wolves' backcourt now?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 12:59 PM   #4
ma-gaga

ma-gaga is on a distinguished road

At PG: Troy Hudson/Rod Strickland. Stricklands got hurt in the last game and will be out for a month, which really hurts the Wolves style. Hudson is more of a shooter than passer, and doesn't really setup the Wolves passing game.

At SG: Wally, Kendall Gill. Don't know who'll start. Wally is still working his way back into the starting lineup after missing 30 something games...

ma-gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:27 PM   #5
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

DIRK AGAINST KG!
MAVS 108 x 96 WOLVES
DIRK 30P, 17R
NASH 22
FIN 24P
Old 01-30-2003, 02:45 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I worry about Nash in this game. We know he can shoot and score, but as of late, he's struggling offensively.

I have no doubt he can outplay Hudson, I just hope he doesn't take it as a challenge of sorts and forget to get the team involved.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:56 PM   #7
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I look for the Mavs to come out GEEKED against the T-Wolves tonight.

Dallas - 105
T-Pups - 92
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:53 PM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas 105
Minnesota 90
Old 01-30-2003, 04:12 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

So far everytime I have not predicted on the Mavs performance Fin and Dirk seem to shoot well. I will continue to do this till they start shooting bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 06:01 PM   #10
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

The TWolves are in the same division as the Mavs and with over half the season gone, this is their first meeting. I find that to be a scheduling oddity.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 06:20 PM   #11
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

<< The TWolves are in the same division as the Mavs and with over half the season gone, this is their first meeting. I find that to be a scheduling oddity. >>

That is strange. It's also weird we've only played SA once.

Back to the T Pups game KG had an interesting quote :

Said Garnett: &quot;We're mindful of [the sweep]. And, I thought, the un-class games that Cuban was playing with the All-Star [balloting].&quot;

Mark Cuban, the Mavericks' owner, actively promoted Nowitzki over Garnett to All-Star voters and came within 7,356 of unseating the Wolves forward as a West starter.

&quot;You can't get caught up in that, because at the end of the day, it's always the Dallas Mavericks vs. the Minnesota Timberwolves,&quot; Garnett said. &quot;But anything in between that can be definitely used for motivation.&quot;

I really don't see anything wrong with what Cuban did...he's passionate about his team &amp; players and wanted to do everything he could to get them the recognition he feels they deserve. I'm predicting Dirk goes off again tonight, he's been playing great and I don't see him stopping tonight. I'm hoping Fin continues to prove that he should've been an all-star, and all i wish for Nash is for him to play smart.

*edit* http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/3622240.html
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 06:32 PM   #12
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

Mavs 108
T'wolves 94
Old 01-30-2003, 06:42 PM   #13
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Mavs-109
TWolves-83
Fin gets 37 points and shoots above 50%
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:20 PM   #14
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Turned out. 9-8
Old 01-30-2003, 07:23 PM   #15

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

107-101 Mavs

Dirk plays well and Fin lights it up
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:26 PM   #16
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is having a good scoring game so far. But I want him to start mixing it up on the boards. He is playing good d against Garnett though.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:28 PM   #17
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

JVG nailed it--the zone makes Dallas vulnerable on the boards.

Nash looks great though.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:29 PM   #18
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

GRRRRR!

NVE.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:33 PM   #19
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

<< GRRRRR!

NVE.
>>

I second that!
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:36 PM   #20
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

The offense looks very crisp so far tonight
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Old 01-30-2003, 07:38 PM   #21
Chiwas
Guru

We have 4 players now against 5 t-w's.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:38 PM   #22

Wow are those TNT announcers arguing or what
Old 01-30-2003, 07:41 PM   #23
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if we are going to play man to man tonight?
Old 01-30-2003, 07:42 PM   #24
roadrunner
Golden Member

<< We have 4 players now against 5 t-w's. >>

Are you referring to NVE's inability to play D?

Old 01-30-2003, 07:44 PM   #25
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Dunk the ball, sissy!
Old 01-30-2003, 07:47 PM   #26
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I'm not liking NVE right now. I don't like this freakin lineup out there.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:50 PM   #27
Bayliss

Dirk goes out and Garnett goes off.

Raja would have a tough time this game but I'd like to see him play tonight. He would be much better than Griffin. Oh and did you see what I was talking about on smaller people boxing out taller guys? Garnett just snatched that rebound away.

And our big lineup should get a lot of minutes tonight.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:50 PM   #28
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'm not liking that Dirk has 1 rebound righ tnow nor do I like Fin being 2-7.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:51 PM   #29
roadrunner
Golden Member

<< I wonder if we are going to play man to man tonight? >>

Not w/o the proper personnel on the floor.

I wonder if the 60% shooting by the Twolves is being lost on Nelson.

Old 01-30-2003, 07:51 PM   #30
Bayliss

<< I'm not liking that Dirk has 1 rebound righ tnow >>

Get outr of the zone and his rebounding will be fine.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:52 PM   #31
Chiwas
Guru

NVE doesn´t play defense, he isn't playing offense (since many games ago) and Nash turns slow and erratic automatically when NVE is on the court.

That is pure underdog ball.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:53 PM   #32
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Jumbozone.

That was so awkward.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:54 PM   #33
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

And still no rebound.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:55 PM   #34
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Give the Mantis a peanut.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:57 PM   #35
Bayliss

I would love to see them post up Dirk sometime before the half ends.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:57 PM   #36
Chiwas
Guru

NVE made his play and scored. He also plays better if Nash isn´t on the court.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:58 PM   #37
roadrunner
Golden Member

<< NVE doesn´t play defense, he isn't playing offense (since many games ago) and Nash turns slow and erratic automatically when NVE is on the court.

That is pure underdog ball.
>>

Absolutely agree.

The only way underdog ball works is when NVE/Nash is hot and/or the opponent is not hitting their shots. Even if they have these things going for them I still don't like seeing them together on the court for more than a few minutes a game.

Old 01-30-2003, 07:59 PM   #38
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

NVE on Wally. How well can that work?
Old 01-30-2003, 07:59 PM   #39

Garnett is on fire in the second quarter.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:00 PM   #40
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

box out and rebound?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote