Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #481
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Does ps3 do 1080i?
Depends on the game, I think.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-15-2008 at 02:56 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #482
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
what's making me lean towards ps3 (the extra couple hundred isn't going to hurt) is gta4 (is that ps3 exclusive), the fact that I don't like halo and bluray.
GTA4 is not ps3 exclusive.

My favorite thing about the 360 is Microsoft's insistence on standardized input. Meaning that on the 360, special controllers work for all games (or will in the future, in the case of the Guitar Hero series).

Meaning I can play the superior Rock Band game with the superior Guitar Hero guitars. Can't do that on any other system.

Blu Ray is an advantage, but the media is still so stinking expensive. Personally I've enjoyed picking up the great deals on HDDVD's.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-15-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #483
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you could outfit a 360 with BluRay now?

Surely that's coming if not....
Old 08-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #484
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

hmm good points jthig, thank you.

next question would be which model of 360/ps3 should I be looking at. I know there's different packages with different size memory so idk what to get.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #485
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

oh and how much is it for each, per month, to play online?
Old 08-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #486
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

xobox live is 50 bucks a year. Not sure about PS3.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #487
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the PS3 and love it. I'm ready for the eventual switch to Blue-Ray and I got a good quality gaming system to boot. The graphics on the games are amazing.

Is Madden worth my time to get? I got NCAA and I was kind of disappointed with it...I'm hoping Madden is much, much better.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #488
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
I have the PS3 and love it. I'm ready for the eventual switch to Blue-Ray and I got a good quality gaming system to boot. The graphics on the games are amazing.

Is Madden worth my time to get? I got NCAA and I was kind of disappointed with it...I'm hoping Madden is much, much better.
I got Madden for the 360 the other day and was really disappointed...maybe you will have better luck with it though as I really am enjoying NCAA. The announcers in Madden are terrible and the overall gameplay doesn't compare to NCAA IMO.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #489
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I am really looking forward to Little Big Planet.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #490
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3nc3r13
I got Madden for the 360 the other day and was really disappointed...maybe you will have better luck with it though as I really am enjoying NCAA. The announcers in Madden are terrible and the overall gameplay doesn't compare to NCAA IMO.
Hmm...are you more geared to liking College vs the Pros?
I'm more heavy towards the pro-game so that might be why I was disappointed with NCAA.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #491
bigox71

bigox71 is on a distinguished road

ps3 online play is free
bigox71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #492
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I got Madden 09 for PS3 the other day and it's pretty sweet. I wasn't blown away, but it's an awesome game.

I finally got MLB Road to the Show, and so far I haven't liked it as much as I thought I would.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #493
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
Hmm...are you more geared to liking College vs the Pros?
I'm more heavy towards the pro-game so that might be why I was disappointed with NCAA.
Yeah defnitely more geared for college football. But even then, as a sports game I prefer NCAA over Madden. And it isn't like that for me every year, sometimes I like Madden more.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #494
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I got Madden 09 for PS3 the other day and it's pretty sweet. I wasn't blown away, but it's an awesome game.

I finally got MLB Road to the Show, and so far I haven't liked it as much as I thought I would.
what is different with Madden '08 and '09?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #495
fluid.forty.one

I ended up going with the ps3

got gta4, metal gear solid 4, madden 09, assassins creed and motorstorm (wasnt going to buy this one but it was 17 bucks and i wanted a racing game)

freakin' sweet so far
Old 08-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #496
BGMaverick9
Guru

I don't think you'll be disappoint fluid.forty.one

I think the PS3 is pretty awesome. Let me know how Madden 09 is please.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 08-17-2008 at 10:29 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #497
fluid.forty.one

had an urge to play an rpg so I picked up ff12 since there aren't any good ones for ps3 yet

love it so far... same soundtrack/setting as FFtactics which is one of my favorite games of all time.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #498
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta reccomend a good one.

I downloaded Psychonauts from XBOX live, and I love it. Its like playing Mario64 in a humorous (and less dark) Tim Burton movie. Lots of fun, lots of funny moments and the art is really nice. It's last gen but for 10-20 bucks its definitely a find.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #499
fluid.forty.one

speaking of last gen.. I just dl'd the ps1 version of rayman on my ps3. Gotta love Rayman...
Old 08-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #500
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I still have PS1 lightgun games does the lightguns for ps1 work on PS3? (if some of you didn't know, all PS3s play PS1 games out of the box, but some don't play PS2 games)
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:48 AM   #501
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
what is different with Madden '08 and '09?
I'm not exactly sure. I got my PS3 in like May, so I decided to just wait for 09 instead of getting 08. I can go into more detail about the game and some of the features that are cool if you would like. Basically I've been playing Madden for years and am always happy with it, so I'm probably not the best critic.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #502
BGMaverick9
Guru

Purchased the special edition of Madden 09 on eBay last night. Should be in the next couple of days. I'm pretty excited for it. I haven't really played Madden in a while and the Head Coach game sounds totally consuming.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #503
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

For you 360 owners out there, Too Human gets a huge thumbs up from me. It's an action RPG that's heavy on action and light on RP. Really, really like the combat controls, not your normal button mashing. I'm not a huge RP guy, so the light RP is just right for me. There is still tons of loot you can pick up, and a lot of it looks pretty cool.

The story line is a little short, I finished it in just under 13 total hours of play, but there's four more classes to play through, and you can continue to play stories of your choosing to keep leveling your character and pick up rarer stuff.

Check it out.

Oh, and Rock Band 2 comes out soon.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-31-2008, 12:57 AM   #504
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

metal gear solid 4, i am 15ish hours in to the game so far. I know i know, its a few months old. But, i bought the game on June 12th, and i didn't open it until last weekend. (i knew it would require a lot of time)
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:07 AM   #505
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Spent quite a long time on Lego Indiana Jones on teh Wii tonight...I really hope they make a Lego Harry Potter for this S.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #506
FreakNasty

FreakNasty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
metal gear solid 4, i am 15ish hours in to the game so far. I know i know, its a few months old. But, i bought the game on June 12th, and i didn't open it until last weekend. (i knew it would require a lot of time)
I beat mine in 17 hours. So I think youre close, the ending cut scenes are awesome, i believe it took like 45 minutes. Ive been on call of duty 4 online, finally got my golden ak47. Other than that, I switch between mlb the show and NCAA 09. I have madden but I prefer the gameplay of NCAA more. Next purchase for me will be the Transformer Blu Ray
FreakNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:27 AM   #507
fluid.forty.one

why the hell is parker on the cover of nba live 09?
Old 09-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #508
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

If I see Stern on the cover of NBA Live, that would be the day.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #509
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone noticed that GTA4 on HD doesn't look that awesome. Looks very... ummmm.... whats the word... digital? Like i can literally see the pixels and crap on the car. The graphics don't look smooth at all. I was thinking it was the tv until i tried COD4 and it looked amazing.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #510
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

on the ncaa vs madden stuff in general, its harder to play offense/easier to defend on ncaa. the ai is also usually better on ncaa.

as for the next game im really looking forward too, no question fable 2. already reserved a copy.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #511
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of related...The other day, my uncle emailed a link to me to a game we used to play when I was just a wee lad...I think the game was already pretty old when he gave it to me in the early 90's.

"F-19 Stealth Fighter"

http://hol.abime.net/478/screenshot

Really old game...Anyone else remember that one?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #512
fluid.forty.one

I've heard from a lot of people that Force Unleashed sucks.. which really, really surprises me.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #513
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah, I've heard that too. I wonder how bad. I don't really want to go drop $$ on it if it sucks.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #514
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've heard from a lot of people that Force Unleashed sucks.. which really, really surprises me.
I'm so over being surprised when something with the word "Star Wars" attached to it sucks...

(although I thought that game was supposed to be the cat's meow...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #515
fluid.forty.one

yeah, this thing was given "dark knight" level hype
Old 09-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #516
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I ended up going with the ps3

got gta4, metal gear solid 4, madden 09, assassins creed and motorstorm (wasnt going to buy this one but it was 17 bucks and i wanted a racing game)

freakin' sweet so far

good work my man! the ps3 is awesome. I have played a 360 a few times, it is sweet as well. I just have always wanted a ps3..so i knew i wouldn;t even look at a 360..anyway...

i got GTA4...i beat it in about 45 hours. It's not 100% complete..because that would be ridiculous...but..i have all the main missions done(i think 96 or 97)..and a bunch of small ones...

i also just beat metal gear solid 4 on tuesday actually. This is by far..the best game i have ever played. I beat it in 32 hours on normal difficulty. it was so awesome. Can anyone else who has played MGS4 and beat it...back me up?

i also got tony hawk 8, proving grounds..which i just play for fun..to do tricks and stuff. I guess i can try and beat that...

anyway, good work on the ps3..i don't think you will be dissapointed.

also, you can change the theme of the ps3 background. I have mine set on the Metal Gear Solid 4 theme...

Last edited by MavsX; 09-18-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #517
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

PS3 is nice. I got one and played MGS4, Ratchet and Uncharted. All were good games but thats really it for PS3 exclusives until late October when Little Big Planet comes out.

For the last 2-3 months I've used the PS3 more for movies than games.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #518
fluid.forty.one

anyone play lego: batman yet?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #519
MissNU

MissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura about

I'm seriously addicted to bowling and mario cart for wii. I can also play monkey ball 2 on my game cube for 6 hours and never get bored...just pissed when I can't pass a level
MissNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:07 AM   #520
MavsX
Diamond Member

i thought lego, indiana jones was cool. But not for me. I only played for like 30 minutes.

i've put like 30 hours into COD4, online play

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here