Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts
Default Nick Calathes to replace Jason

He still got Cuban's tramp stamp on him or someone else? I say if we own him we make him come play in Jason's place. The dude is a baller and ready for NBA. I watch him all the time and he's an assist machine with excellent court vision.

2 years, $8.5 million is cheap and should be enough to make him play at the AAC. It's got to be more than what he's getting in Russia. I'd consider going up to $10mm even, but that's definitely my ceiling considering what we're building here (without Devin Harris).
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
He still got Cuban's tramp stamp on him or someone else? I say if we own him we make him come play in Jason's place. The dude is a baller and ready for NBA. I watch him all the time and he's an assist machine with excellent court vision.

2 years, $8.5 million is cheap and should be enough to make him play at the AAC. It's got to be more than what he's getting in Russia. I'd consider going up to $10mm even, but that's definitely my ceiling considering what we're building here (without Devin Harris).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Mayo
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
You're confused point guard with shooting guard. We lost Jason Kidd and Nick is a point, that's why I talked so much about his passing abilities. Haven't you watched him? He reminds me so much of Kidd back in his New Jersey days. Excellent court vision.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're confused point guard with shooting guard. We lost Jason Kidd and Nick is a point, that's why I talked so much about his passing abilities. Haven't you watched him? He reminds me so much of Kidd back in his New Jersey days. Excellent court vision.
How much does freon cost nowadays?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Nick Calathes is under contract with Lokomotiv-Kuban (Russia) until 2014.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I'd love Calathes to come over, but it looks like he won't at least until 2014. He's signed for the next 2 seasons. If i remember correctly though, he said he definitely wants to play in the NBA at some point, so hopefully, it will happen. He could be one of the better backup PG's in the league imo, or even a solid starter.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 07-20-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Nick Calathes is under contract with Lokomotiv-Kuban (Russia) until 2014.
I imagine he could be bought out for a not too hefty sum though. Still, it's likey he'll try to make the jump in the summer of 2014. He'll still only be 25 at that point.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
ribosoma
Golden Member

And why would he leave a country with fans like this?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BWAHAHA! LAUGHED.MY.ASS.OFF!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

User CP --> Edit Ignore List --> The Ghost of Championship
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

derek fisher would be a good replacement

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #12
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

D. West...
Old 07-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #13
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
D. West...
im with u on that one but in comparison derek fisher is kinda like j kidd and would be the most similar to replace kidd. but the title of the thread was so and so to replace jason. i figured he was talking about j kidd since we had 2 jasons on the squad in the past. d west in my opinion should have earned his stripes last season with his game off his injured finger

Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhdEy73fRSQ&t=2m5s

the chemistry its clearly not an issue. make it happen cubes.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
jamaljasonandjimmy

i would like to see fisher here he only has 5 championship rings

Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
derek fisher would be a good replacement
Holy Fusher you can't be serious! Dork fisher is thee definition of Ghost of Championship Past. He's locker room cancer too and everyone hates him, even Billy Hunter wants to mount his sack on the hood of a Cadilac.

Fusher needs to get Titanic'd or find a nice pasture to retire in.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #17
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Holy Fusher you can't be serious! Dork fisher is thee definition of Ghost of Championship Past. He's locker room cancer too and everyone hates him, even Billy Hunter wants to mount his sack on the hood of a Cadilac.

If this is the manic phase, I hate to see the depressive phase.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #18
jamaljasonandjimmy

Quote:

thats just my opinion homie, he has a lot more playoff experience than ur man in russia tied up till 2014

Old 07-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
thats just my opinion homie, he has a lot more playoff experience than ur man in russia tied up till 2014
I know man we cool but that don't mean I agree with pulling Irving Johnson off the bench either ya know? And dork fissure's something like a 12% career shooter. No thank you.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
If this is the manic phase, I hate to see the depressive phase.

You're really starting to creep me out bro. You the board's attention seeker or something? Cool with me if that's your thing but can't we take it private instead of you muddling up the entire board to get some?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #21
ribosoma
Golden Member

I'm having flashbacks of watching the movie "Sybil" as a kid. Not sure why, but that just resonates with me right now. For some reason.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #22
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
You're really starting to creep me out bro. You the board's attention seeker or something? Cool with me if that's your thing but can't we take it private instead of you muddling up the entire board to get some?
Have you ever mixed vodka with your meds? Or is this more of a brain tumor kind of thing?

And being that I doubt you have a vagina, and I'm not really into walking through someone's mother's living room on the way to the basement where they reside, I think this is as private as we'll get. Unfortunately.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
I'm having flashbacks of watching the movie "Sybil" as a kid. Not sure why, but that just resonates with me right now. For some reason.
I'm kinda startin to get you now man. Some them Sybils lived in caves and sucked methane gas all they lives. That where the hallucinations came from. You have the gas company out to your place lately?

Last edited by The Ghost of Championship; 07-20-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #24
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
I'm kinda startin to get you now man. Some them Sybils lived in caves and sucked methane gas all they lives. That where the hallucinations came from. You have the gas company out to your place lately?
If one could theoretically get gas from caves, presumably for free, why would one need the gas company?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #25
Banned

Quote:
If one could theoretically get gas from caves, presumably for free, why would one need the gas company?
Huh? We pay oil companies to suck leaking gas from caves and old mine shafts.

I didn't grow up in Texas but I presume a basic geology is taught in the public education system. Are the basics such as this really left out or is this a home schooling phenomenon???

Last edited by The Ghost of Championship; 07-20-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember going over gas being sucked from caves at any level. It is now clear that our educational system has failed me in the most grievous of manners.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-21-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I didn't grow up in Texas but I presume a basic geology is taught in the public education system. Are the basics such as this really left out or is this a home schooling phenomenon???
Where did you grow up?

Here in Texas geology might be touched on as part of a "physical science" course. But that kind of course is mostly for the remedial-type student. The good students will be taking physics, chemistry, anatomy, and these days engineering/robotics.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:41 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Where did you grow up?

Here in Texas geology might be touched on as part of a "physical science" course. But that kind of course is mostly for the remedial-type student. The good students will be taking physics, chemistry, anatomy, and these days engineering/robotics.
Any elementary chemistry student would put two and two together that resident gas within the earth would seep out through ventilating openings. Hell, every burned out hippy in California can tell you everything there is to know about oil slicks and gas leaking up from the floor through miles of ocean and its pressures.

Don't get me wrong--It wasn't a shot at Texas education but a remark on that trolly juvenile gotcha comment backfiring in the face of the most basic human knowledge. What are gas companies for teeheeheehee.

Last edited by The Ghost of Championship; 07-21-2012 at 12:42 AM. Reason: grammatical
Old 07-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #29
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #30
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

The Ghost of Championship seems like one of the worst posters ever. And we had some guys here...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #31
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Any elementary chemistry student would put two and two together that resident gas within the earth would seep out through ventilating openings. Hell, every burned out hippy in California can tell you everything there is to know about oil slicks and gas leaking up from the floor through miles of ocean and its pressures.

Don't get me wrong--It wasn't a shot at Texas education but a remark on that trolly juvenile gotcha comment backfiring in the face of the most basic human knowledge. What are gas companies for teeheeheehee.
I stand corrected. Clearly you are an expert when it comes to sucking gas out of caves. Do you have any hands on experience sucking gas... out of a cave... deep in there... with or without a reach-around?
Old 07-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #32
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:

They only taught particle physics and soft-serve ice cream making at my junior high school. I had only heard rumors that the oil companies made their money by sucking seepage from caves in kindergarten, but being in Texas, we had those pesky propagandists at the oil fields spreading their disinfo. Like when my dad worked at Lufkin industries, who make the valves and pumpjacks for commercial drilling operations. Everyone was in on the conspiracy to hide where oil comes from... my dad, George Washington, the sneeze genies, Carnival Cruise Lines, and more. It's disgusting to think that there are so many caves to be explored here in Texas, filled with oil, yet made completely invisible through Reptilian cloaking technology. I heard that you can see these caves via Joseph Smith's magic Mormon glasses, but you also see angels and demons and when they know you can see them they abduct you and take you to the north pole of Saturn and put things in your butt. Thanks for confirming my suspicions about oil!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #33
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They only taught particle physics and soft-serve ice cream making at my junior high school. I had only heard rumors that the oil companies made their money by sucking seepage from caves in kindergarten, but being in Texas, we had those pesky propagandists at the oil fields spreading their disinfo. Like when my dad worked at Lufkin industries, who make the valves and pumpjacks for commercial drilling operations. Everyone was in on the conspiracy to hide where oil comes from... my dad, George Washington, the sneeze genies, Carnival Cruise Lines, and more. It's disgusting to think that there are so many caves to be explored here in Texas, filled with oil, yet made completely invisible through Reptilian cloaking technology. I heard that you can see these caves via Joseph Smith's magic Mormon glasses, but you also see angels and demons and when they know you can see them they abduct you and take you to the north pole of Saturn and put things in your butt. Thanks for confirming my suspicions about oil!

Old 07-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #34
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqL...eature=related

The @ 2:20 mark is particularly fascinating.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #35
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I think you mean a gas troll, Boromir. And how the hell are you breathing right now?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #36
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post

I think you mean a gas troll, Boromir. And how the hell are you breathing right now?
I loved that scene.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
You sound like a late night radio show host. Let me guess, millions of scientists, tax accountants, the US EPA, the DNC anti-subsidy ads, everyone who works at the refineries, pipelines, distribution hubs, and roughnecks are all in on a gigantic conspiracy to trick you into believing oil and gas actually comes from inside the earth. Mind = blown man.

The saddest thing about this is you actually believe yourself. The multi-billion dollar federal government subsidy program I mentioned above is just another way to control your mind!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I find you amusing.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #39
Underdog

Quote:
You sound like a late night radio show host. Let me guess, millions of scientists, tax accountants, the US EPA, the DNC anti-subsidy ads, everyone who works at the refineries, pipelines, distribution hubs, and roughnecks are all in on a gigantic conspiracy to trick you into believing oil and gas actually comes from inside the earth. Mind = blown man.

The saddest thing about this is you actually believe yourself. The multi-billion dollar federal government subsidy program I mentioned above is just another way to control your mind!!!
Anybody still think this guy is doing a bit? He can't even recognize one when he sees one...

Old 07-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #40
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:

1) I have charts and stuff.

7) I wasn't aware that the mind was equal to a blown man. You are full of the kind of useful info that we need in this world. Or were you trying to say that you have the image of blowing a man on your mind? I have so many questions for you.

3) How do you take bath salts? Do they really make you eat people?

37) Why does the sun?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks again for being my mentor.

I am so baking a pie for you!

Tags
ghost of cadbane, ghost of fail, reptiliancloak, there is oil in my cave, who farted?