Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default The OFFICIAL Tyson Chandler Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Tyson Chandler agrees with Knicks

link

The ink on the four-year contract isn't dry yet, but free-agent center Tyson Chandler confirmed that he will sign with the New York Knicks.

Chandler said Friday on ESPN 103.3's "Ben and Skin Show" that there will not be a sign-and-trade deal with the Dallas Mavericks, the team he helped win its first championship during his lone season on the roster.

The 7-foot-1 Chandler, who served as the best defensive backbone Dallas has had in the Dirk Nowitzki era, realized almost immediately in the negotiation process that he wouldn't be able to work out a deal to return to the Mavericks.

Chandler opted to sign with the Knicks after being heavily courted by the Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets among other teams.

"It just really happened over the last, like, 48 hours," Chandler said. "I just think the future of the team, being able to play alongside Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and the young talent that we have, I feel like puts us in contention over the next four or five years."

Dallas owner Mark Cuban, who is determined to maintain financial flexibility under the new, more restrictive collective bargaining agreement, offered only a two-year deal. The New York Times reported that Chandler's deal with the Knicks is expected to be in the range of $58 million for four seasons.

"In this situation, signing back with the Mavs, it just didn't make business sense," said Chandler, who averaged 10.1 points and 9.4 rebounds and finished third in Defensive Player of the Year voting. "Business is business. Sometimes we get upset by it, but in this business, we can't take it personal.

"I just honestly thank the Mavericks for even bringing me [to Dallas] and giving me the opportunity to do what we did last year. I have absolutely no animosity towards the organization or anybody involved with the organization. I will always love the organization. I will always love the fans there and everybody that has anything to do with Dallas, because that won me my first championship. We had an incredible year last year, and that will always be in my heart."

The challenge for the Mavericks in adding depth to their center rotation is getting quality players to take short-term deals to preserve maximum cap space for their summer of 2012 recruiting plans. The Mavericks did try to convince Chandler to accept a one-year deal worth a whopping $20 million, but there was never real hope of that happening, sources said.

As far back as last week, as negotiations with the Mavericks quickly stalled, Chandler told ESPN.com in a phone interview: "I really think I'm going to be on a new team come training camp."

Chandler maintains that staying in Dallas has always been his first choice, but he expressed disappointment last week that communication between the sides was minimal from the end of the NBA Finals in mid-June and the June 30 deadline for a contract extension.

The Mavericks maintain that they were reluctant to talk about an extension before July 1 because no one knew how drastic changes to the NBA's collective bargaining agreement would be at that time.

The best estimates in circulation suggest that the Mavericks would only have roughly $5 million in cap space for the summer of 2012 if they match an offer for Chandler, even if J.J. Barea is let go as expected. Fellow free agent Caron Butler already accepted a three-year, $24 million deal from the Clippers Thursday.

To have the needed cap space to bid for a player of Chris Paul's or Deron Williams' caliber if Chandler is retained, Dallas would likely need to set free either backup center Brendan Haywood or forward Shawn Marion through the amnesty clause, bid farewell to 2012 free agent-to-be Jason Terry and perhaps even be forced to send away younger prospects like Corey Brewer or Rodrigue Beaubois in trades that bring back no salary.

Chandler, 29, was acquired by the Mavericks in July 2010 in a deal sending Erick Dampier to the Charlotte Bobcats. But Chandler was widely billed at the time as a consolation prize, after Dampier's cap-friendly contract failed to get Dallas in the bidding for the league's marquee free agents -- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh among them -- through various sign-and-trade offers.

Yet, Chandler wound up meshing with Nowitzki better than anyone anticipated, supplying a blend of length, athleticism, rim protection and vocal leadership that no big man who previously lined up alongside the eventual NBA Finals MVP had ever provided in Dallas.

"The most difficult thing is having to make those phone calls to Dirk and (Jason) Kidd and Jet and all the guys that I played with," Chandler said. "When I say this, I say it from the heart: I truly love those guys and I will forever, because we stood side by side and accomplished the ultimate."

Thanks for the ring, big guy... Best of luck in the Big Apple!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-09-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for everything, good luck!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Mar. 6, Chandler returning to Dallas.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh*

I understand and support the decision here, but it still stings. Tyson Chandler is freaking awesome, and I wish him all the best.

The 180 the Chandler's play and reputation achieved while here may never be duplicated again. The thread on this board discussing his acquisition is now the height of comedy, as intelligent poster after intelligent poster assessed the deal with horrible, horrible accuracy.

I won't go so far as to say the name (Dub), but one poster whom I like a lot and who's opinions I generally find to be spot on even went so far as to say he'd rather have had Drew Gooden than Tyson. DREW GOODEN.

Anyway, thanks for everything Tyson. We wouldn't have done it without you. I will miss your charisma, your passion, and your alley oop finishes.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Take dat witchew.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Never has a one-year player made a bigger contribution to a team's narrative and legacy. Best wishes for all success, unless and until the Mavs and Knicks meet in the finals.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Good bye Tyson...I know that I will cringe when I see you play against us because of your all out play and intimidation...but you will be remembered fondly. You were the key piece to the Mavs Championship...Good luck...
Old 12-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Could someone please tell me how NY can sign him when they are already over the cap? Are they still going to amnesty Billups?

It seems like they need a sign and trade with Dallas to get this done.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #9
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Amnesty Haywood and sign Chandler to a longer deal. Cubes is going to regret letting Tyson go I think. 10/10 player + such a great defender. Man that doesnt come along every day.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I am one sad puppy...we will rue this day.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #11
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I'll fully admit, I put Ty on blast when he came here. At the time, I feel I was justified in doing so, as I had watched a guy over the past few years who was extremely injury prone and who's heart didn't seem in it. I couldn't be more happy to for once have been proven wrong. ;]

Best of luck losing in the 1st/2nd round, Ty! Have fun covering all of Amare's defensive mistakes.

Seriously though, he had a great run here.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #12
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

We just let the best center the Mavs ever had walk for nothing.

Good luck Ty. This one isn't doesn't hurt on the same personal level as Nash and Fin, but it still hurts.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Shocked when he was pulling past Haywood last TC. But boy, thanks for the memories Tyson, good luck with the Knicks!
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #14
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Man, reading those quotes pulled on the heart strings a little bit. For as good as he was on the basketball court for us, you can just tell he was that much a better teammate.

There's no doubt about it, we're not going to feel the impact of losing Tyson just on the court. The void he will leave is gonna be pretty massive in all facets.

I understand why we're going in this direction, but damn am I having a hard time accepting it.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 12-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.
twistaeffect2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #15
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Great center, great person. He will be missed.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #16
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Man, reading those quotes pulled on the heart strings a little bit. For as good as he was on the basketball court for us, you can just tell he was that much a better teammate.

There's no doubt about it, we're not going to feel the impact of losing Tyson just on the court. The void he will leave is gonna be pretty massive in all facets.

I understand why we're going in this direction, but damn am I having a hard time accepting it.
Agreed in full.

I understand why we did it, but hearing him say those things makes it a really sucky day.

Good luck TC.
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #17
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you TC for all your contributions to the team.

I wasn't thrilled when you came over, but oh was I so ever wrong about that.

May he kick ass in NY.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I won't go so far as to say the name (Dub), but one poster whom I like a lot and who's opinions I generally find to be spot on even went so far as to say he'd rather have had Drew Gooden than Tyson. DREW GOODEN.
In my defense, I was factoring in what I thought (and was apparently wrong) was a serious pattern of health issues with Chandler.

But still....not my finest moment. Mulligan?

And to Chandler: appreciate you, big fella. Best of luck in NYC. Sorry this couldn't last longer.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #19
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

You helped take us to the promise land and were the best center Dirk ever played with.

Thanks for helping define the Mavs as a defense first team.

Good luck!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #20
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I actually want to root for the Knicks now in the East. Which is crazy, because I can't stand their ownership.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #21
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I looked up Tyson's health history, the early problem was a back, with the Bulls. The recent one was a toe with the Hornets. He had spasms crop up once in a while.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #22
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I looked up Tyson's health history, the early problem was a back, with the Bulls. The recent one was a toe with the Hornets. He had spasms crop up once in a while.
He had a bunch of foot issues with Bobcats. He even earned the nickname "Pussyfoot" there.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #23
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
He had a bunch of foot issues with Bobcats. He even earned the nickname "Pussyfoot" there.
Wait, I thought that was because of his odd fettish??

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #24
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

A little over a year ago, I would have never expected him to be the game changer that he turned out to be. In addition, he fit perfectly as a person and made it even easier to root for the Mavs. Although seeing Wade and LeBron mock a sick Dirk could have led one to believe the opposite, it's possible to be a great athlete and person, as evidenced by last year's Mavs roster. Tyson certainly was a big part of that culture.

I'm thankful for his crucial contributions that finally put our beloved Mavs over the top and made fans all over the globe happy. It's too bad he wasn't meant to be a Maverick for more than a year. Best of luck to him.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #25
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

We have no one that will pound their chest after rim rattling dunks. No one left with that kind of emotion.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #26
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
We have no one that will pound their chest after rim rattling dunks. No one left with that kind of emotion.
So you're saying we should bring back Ryan Hollins?
Old 12-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Sh#T
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #28
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Well, dammitt! The afterglow of the championship is officially lifted. I understand the approach of Mark and Donnie and I understand why Tyson had to go elsewhere, but it still sucks big time.

Best of luck big man, you will always hold a place in my mythical Mavericks' Ring of Honor!
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #29
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
So you're saying we should bring back Ryan Hollins?
Hah yep.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #30
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Thanks for everything, Chandler. We appreciate all of your hard work and wish you best of luck in the Big Apple ... except when playing Dallas.

ps ... Give Miami hell.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #31
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Thank you very much, Tyson, for your defense, your passion, your dunks and, of course, for your great help to reach the championship. God bless you and good luck in New York.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #32
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

What did his outrageous deal work out to be?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
What did his outrageous deal work out to be?
4/60 is what I am hearing.

Im also hearing that we got a 12m TPE and possibly Turiaf
Old 12-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #34
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for everything, Tyson. You will be missed greatly here, but good luck in NY!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
4/60 is what I am hearing.

Im also hearing that we got a 12m TPE and possibly Turiaf
Thanks thats what i dug up as well.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #36
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

While I do support the Mavs' decision, I am nonetheless very very sad to see him leave. The Mavs have an NBA championship, and he was undeniably a major factor in that result. I hope he does well in New York.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
While I do support the Mavs' decision, I am nonetheless very very sad to see him leave. The Mavs have an NBA championship, and he was undeniably a major factor in that result. I hope he does well in New York.
thought the article said they offered him 1yr at 20mil. Sounds like they wanted to keep him but not much longer than our window with Kidd at the help and not at the cost of losing out on a prime FA next year.

20mill is a LOT of money for a year of play, but for a guy with injuries its way better to take the 4/60 than the 1/20 and risk being injured and not getting another big contract.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #38
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

hate to see him go.

he owns the record for the most beautiful, high flying, spread eagle, meanest ally-oop dunk in mavs playoff history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU5WzFMCFds

i will miss that.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #39
JET41

JET41 will become famous soon enough

I really loved Tyson Chandler run on Dallas Mavs and I really thought he would stay after the whole 'we do things big in Dallas so we can't just win one - two - three - four...." at the parade but I'm disappointed things couldn't go through.

Anyway I wish him the best in his future.
JET41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #40
SchumiWDC

SchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to all

Really really sad to see Tyson go, definitely got an emotional attachment to him being a Mav and being an important part of the title run. Best of luck to him at NY, class man and class player.
SchumiWDC is offline   Reply With Quote