Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Profound Moments???

The weirdest thing....

I just went outside to take out the trash. As I was walking across the lawn between buildings, I saw the strangest thing. Some bird of prey, either a hawk or falcon (probably a hawk as they are indigenous to this area) took down a blackbird and landed with it a few feet from me. I could have touched it, it was that close. The hawk began tearing into the smaller bird then noticed me and flew away. After spending a few minutes looking at the blackbird I determined it was dead and went inside to get some grocery bags to pick it up and take to the trash. When I returned I knelt to pick up the dead bird and when I touched it, it hopped up and flew away. I have no idea what, if any, significance or meaning this has in my life, but it felt like something profound just happened. I don't know what it was, but something just happened.

Anyway my wife is at work so I though I would share this with you guys.

Also anyone else ever have some seemingly profound yet wtf? moment like this?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

That's pretty freaking surreal. Can't say I have anything like that.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #3
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Surreal. That's the word I was looking for. When my wife got home she didn't believe me so I had to show her the ripped feathers on the ground. She said I am like the guy from the green mile.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Last year around Christmas a small bird, maybe a sparrow, crashed in one of our windows and he ended claws up, so i thought he was dead. Within the ten minutes on the stones at -5° anyway. But then he flew away. Birds must be pretty strong animals, even when they are only small.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

You are obviously a healer...and need to get a job.

that story is nuts, bro

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

you need to visit the next convention of NBA referees
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of birds:

I was crossing the street a year or so ago trying to make it before the traffic started going again. As I ran, I felt something hitting my chest and I thought someone threw something at me, and I tried to grab it as it fell down. As I made it to the other side, I saw that what I had run over was a bird, a sparrow I think, and I had knocked it down on the ground somehow, I tried to go back and get it but traffic started back up too fast and I couldn't get to it, so the moment I look up a car runs over its wings. It died on the spot........

Human 1 x 0 Bird
Old 07-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Speaking of birds:

I was crossing the street a year or so ago trying to make it before the traffic started going again. As I ran, I felt something hitting my chest and I thought someone threw something at me, and I tried to grab it as it fell down. As I made it to the other side, I saw that what I had run over was a bird, a sparrow I think, and I had knocked it down on the ground somehow, I tried to go back and get it but traffic started back up too fast and I couldn't get to it, so the moment I look up a car runs over its wings. It died on the spot........

Human 1 x 0 Bird
I liked RMA's story better.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #9
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a bird fly into my house once. But it wasn't very profound. Nor did it die and come back to life. So yeah...woulda been cool though.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I have a different kind of profound moment for you...my daughter started crawling tonight. I can't even tell you how awesome that was to watch.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Back in my college days, a cat ran into my car.. this was a huge cat. I was going about 20 mph when out of nowhere a cat runs directly into the side of my car. I looked back, and the cat was running in circles..obviously screwed up from running into my car. Well, I turned and acted like I was going to double back to see if I could help in any way. But, I didn't. I just wanted to act like I was in case someone was watching.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Back in my college days, a cat ran into my car.. this was a huge cat. I was going about 20 mph when out of nowhere a cat runs directly into the side of my car. I looked back, and the cat was running in circles..obviously screwed up from running into my car. Well, I turned and acted like I was going to double back to see if I could help in any way. But, I didn't. I just wanted to act like I was in case someone was watching.
If this was facebook, I would thumbs-up the heck out of this.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post

LMAO!!!...funny ass story...i cant rep without spreading, but this sure did make laugh during an exhausting hump day

Last edited by Mav Addict; 07-14-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #14
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

One time I watched a possum lose its' mind and thought my sliding glass door was a portal to another dimension. It smacked it so hard that it decided to play dead. Probably was embarrassed. Seriously, this happened.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:02 AM   #15
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Back when I was I college I had this cat. We all called her 4.0 because the entire time I had her I got all A's. Anyway one day this young man drives down my street (clearly with the Mavs on his mind) and runs over my cat. He stopped, even pulled back a little as if to give some form of condolence. I was touched...

Then he just drove off.

Been suicidial since.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/

Last edited by grbh; 07-21-2010 at 12:08 AM.
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote