Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saved a post for you Janett

Since you believe that governorships changing hands is such a big deal as I recall. I thought I would see if you posted about the latest. Figured you wouldn't so I'll do it for you. I know chum thinks it's a big deal.

It's good for the people of Louisiana that's for sure, their democrat leadership has gotten them nothing but grief.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefi..._it_means.html
Quote:
Rep. Bobby Jindal's outright victory in yesterday's Louisiana gubernatorial primary was the first piece of good electoral news for the Republican Party in months, prompting talk that the GOP is rebounding from the 2006 debacle.
But I must admit running against that idiot Kathleen Blanco was like shooting ducks in a barrel. The democrats weren't quite as successful playing the race card this time.

Last time they played the skin card
Quote:
Back in 2003, Democrats ran an ad where they darkened the skin color of Indian-descended (India Indian, not American Indian)GOP gubernatorial candidate Bobby Jindal in an attempt to make him odious to rural, white Louisianans, some of whom still haven't quite got past the race issue - it worked, back then: Jindal was barely beaten by Democrat Katherine Blanco - a non-entity put up for office for the simple reason that she was a white woman with conservative credentials who could hold the governorship for the Democrats (no Republican has been elected Governor of Louisiana since Reconstruction). For Democrats, holding the seat is the only important thing - and it doesn't matter how you do it.
This time they played the religion card.
Quote:
f you look at the Louisiana Democratic Party's website, you'll see that it does refer to him as Piyush "Bobby" Jindal, as if "Bobby" were a nickname. Quotes from a few press releases...

* "Piyush 'Bobby' Jindal keeps saying he won’t play the political blame game in his run for governor. But then, being forthright about his intentions isn’t in Jindal’s playbook." (Nov. 21 release)
* "It seems Piyush 'Bobby' Jindal is loosening his grip on those Bush coattails by not coming out in favor of the president’s plan to increase deployment in Iraq." (Jan. 12, 2007 release)
* "Piyush (Bobby) Jindal has finally admitted to a partial divine revelation that he wants to be governor. This revelation has told him to seek out his most valued supporters, ask of them large amounts of money while he continues to pray for an answer to his most burning question – Should I be Governor?" (Nov. 16 release)

If you read Bobby Jindal's biography, on his website, he doesn't mention the name 'Piyush' once. As Chris Fillizza writes...

Every campaign is different, and what happened to Jindal or Gantt isn't necessarily predictive of what Obama will face in the coming months. But the Piyush/Bobby issue is indicative of the way that race and ethnicity can be subtly -- or not so subtly -- injected into politics.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

LA is furious with the mayor, the senators and the gov and the president. The gov races are going to stay the same. In two weeks a Democrat is going to landslide a Republican that has scandal all over his name. Mitch McConnell has done all he can for the gov of Ky and he will be landslided in two weeks. In the other state the Democrat is suppose to hold on and i am not sure when that race takes place.

Jindal is like Rudy, a former Democrat. When the hurricane hit alot of people left the state and moved to Tx, some to Ms. The state has been trending Republican and yes this is a good win for the Republicans. In two weeks the score will be evened with a landslide victory for a Democrat gov in Ky.

Neither pafrty is going to pick up a seat in the gov races. The only hope someway Jindal wouldn't get 50% of the vote but for awhile now, it was reported he would easily get it and win the gov and he did. I tip my hat to the Republicans as they won the first gov race.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

These are things also hurting the gop party dude.

$239 Million For Massive Baghdad Embassy, $160 Million For "Residential Housing" In Afghanistan... And $0 For Kids' Health Care.

$160 million to aid refugees in Syria, Jordan and Lebanon, and $80 million to aid displaced refugees inside Iraq.

---------------------------------------------

dude, don't you know Syria is saying well thank you W. These cool millions will sure help us here in Syria.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

You two should just get married.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #5
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I could never get with a Dick Cheney look alike. It's bad for eyes.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
I could never get with a Dick Cheney look alike. It's bad for eyes.
Like you'd ever even see his face.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:30 PM   #7
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

It is a little hard to tell the difference Jack, i must agree.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:18 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
You two should just get married.
True...Janett about as informed as my wife about this stuff.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-22-2007, 11:31 PM   #9
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

dude, she is probably a Democrat and going to vote for Hillary. Honestly i want to understand on alot of stuff we disagree on. Trust me dude, i do read and try to understand your thoughts but it just alot we disagree on in politics and the reasoning why we are in Iraq.

I do understand what the difference is in a Democrat, Republican and Independent but the policy making and what this adm is wanting to accomplish, is where i do not understand. Maybe it is alot more both you and i do not know. Then maybe someday i will understand because that war in Iraq wasn't over terrorist, Laden or Al Queda.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:33 PM   #10
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

But i want to say Bobby Jindal's win was a good and big win for the Republican party. I won't pretend it wasn't because it was.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
dude, she is probably a Democrat and going to vote for Hillary. Honestly i want to understand on alot of stuff we disagree on. Trust me dude, i do read and try to understand your thoughts but it just alot we disagree on in politics and the reasoning why we are in Iraq.
She wouldn't be caught dead voting for clinton.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:39 PM   #12
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Janett you keep saying most women are going to vote for Hillary, so I decided to ask some of the women in my office you said they were going to vote for Steve Bheshear (D) for Gov in KY, almost everyone of them except one said they will vote for Hillary for President.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #13
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

States with Republican Governors: 23

Alabama
Alaska
California
Connecticut
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada
North Dakota
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Louisiana

States with Democratic Governors:27

Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Delaware
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Montana
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

This doesen't mean much in the abstract. Neither the Democratic governor of Tennessee or North Carolina, nor the GOP governor of Connecticut or Vermont is going to do much to upset the natural order of things in those states. But, with the control of the majority of state legislatures going to the Dems in '06, it looks like things are still positively trending for them. There will never be a Democratic governor worth a damn in the deep south anymore but as long as the mountain west continues trending more Democratic, things are looking up for our country.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:45 AM   #14
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

For the graphically inclined, there's a good color-doded picture of the spread at this page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ates_Governors

With the only modification being that blue Louisiana is now red, making a complete red conntection through the deep south from Texas all the way to Florida.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote