Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #1
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all
Default Favorite fan submissions for the new jerseys?

I like these ones so far

http://www.crowdspring.com/clothing/...s-away-jersey/

Last edited by He15man; 05-22-2013 at 04:18 AM.
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2013, 04:35 AM   #2
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Keep the blue ones we had when we won the championship though. The logo on the shorts need to have have an M instead.

Last edited by yahyes; 05-22-2013 at 04:36 AM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.crowdspring.com/clothing/...s-home-colors/
This looks cool
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

How about some fricken shorts that don't look wayyy too looong. That look is tired.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see the color green make a come back.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

This is the only one I've seen that I even remotely like.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
How about some fricken shorts that don't look wayyy too looong. That look is tired.
I remember hearing recently that capris are very fashionable.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I remember hearing recently that capris are very fashionable.
Dwyane Wade's twin sister agrees...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-22-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post

Reminescent of the old Nuggets uniforms
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Let me know when someone fashions a great version of Dirk's face with the beard and puts that on a uniform.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Windmill360 is about the only designer around who doesn't look utterly clueless. 99.9% of the uniform designs people have posted are absolutely god-awful. The things he's posted are definitely on the right track:

(http://t.co/YEkiRCECY8)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKbbrhUCUAAwBgT.jpg

Bring back green as a primary color and "retro"ize them, a la Cavaliers (the best example of a recent retro-ization) and you've got it. Alternatively, the one spreedom posted with green incorporated into it would work, as well. I would like to see a whole-scale change of logo/font, but apparently that's not what Cubes is looking for. Also, I know the Mavs don't currently do this, but it's always been my preference to have the team name on the home jersey and the city name on the road jersey.

If Windmill would find a way to use DALLAS on the road jersey, they would get my official and completely meaningless vote. Also, perhaps a green outline to the numbers on the road ones and a blue outline on the home jerseys.

I have my own ideas that are very similar to Windmill's, but I don't have the requisite computer skills to really turn them into reality very easily.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 05-22-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post
Those are pretty nice..maybe the best I've seen.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #13
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Someone needs to do a logo with a silhouette of CP3 doing a lob pass to Dwight for a superman dunk. No sense in being bashful.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the old ones. We don't need to be Memphis. We need to be proud of our championship and the good years of Blackman/Aguirre/Donaldson.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #15
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Dwyane Wade's twin sister agrees...

HAHAHA I somehow missed this post. I'm at least 4 rep cycles behind now...

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I like the green as a throwback/alternate jersey, but I'm not a fan of going back to it on a permanent basis. It's gotta be blue and white.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #17
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why they need new uniforms. I mean they only had about 5 since the "trashbags...." and my favorite uniform has always been the light blue or the green:

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I like the green as a throwback/alternate jersey, but I'm not a fan of going back to it on a permanent basis. It's gotta be blue and white.
Yea, the green as an alternate for special games/dates has been a decent option to go along with the recent primary blue uni. A touch of the past of the late 80's, with the combination of today's prints.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #19
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Not sure why they need new uniforms. I mean they only had about 5 since the "trashbags...." and my favorite uniform has always been the light blue or the green:

Agree, the uniforms are great, the colors are great, no need to change it up. I remember those blues were originally the alternates one year, but some reason we kept wearing them and pushing the darker blue ones further into the closet.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #20
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be happiest if we kept our current home/away jerseys and used the Diddy ones as our alternates.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #21
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Yeah i dont want them changed either.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #22
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm not a fan of any of them, to be honest. However, I would like to see a return of some green.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #23
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post

Now I can get behind that. I would change up a few things but I love the skyline idea!

We definitely need to bring some green back as well.

Last edited by OneLove22; 05-29-2013 at 09:15 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #24
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Reminescent of the old Nuggets uniforms
My favorite uniforms of all time.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #25
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Leave the championship jerseys the same. I like them. Maybe take out the the star from the back and keep it clean. Don't change the jerseys.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #26
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
My favorite uniforms of all time.
They brought it back as an alternate jersey this year.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #27
GoMavsGo

GoMavsGo is on a distinguished road
Talking

http://goo.gl/zjJ4d

Last edited by GoMavsGo; 05-30-2013 at 11:44 PM.
GoMavsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:00 AM   #28
OneLove22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
They brought it back as an alternate jersey this year.
Ya I thought they were awesome. I liked the old colors better but the new ones looked great.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #29
He15man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMavsGo View Post

Those look good with those names on the jerseys
Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #30
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

The green Diddy jerseys were the best alternates we had.

I have no idea nor did I like that we went away from them in 09.

I'm all for keeping the current color scheme and bringing back a blue and green alternate.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
MavsFanTillDeath

MavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the rough

this is my try...unfortunately i was too late..

MavsFanTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #32
kurtkbain

kurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the rough

kurtkbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #33
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

They've picked a top ten and you can vote for your choice to be an alternate jersey.

http://www.mavs.com/jerseyvote/

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #34
spreedom
Diamond Member

My favorite pick (#9) is running away early on! I'm not a fan of the one with the green highlights though.

Last edited by spreedom; 09-25-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

That's funny, that's the one of #9 I like.

I don't see the point of an alternate if it doesn't introduce a non-standard color. And, imo, that color should be green.

#9 with the green highlights is my current favorite.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #36
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

That would suck if our new alternate jersey is actually decided by a fan vote.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Something's wrong... my proposal for a shinier version of this did not make it!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 09-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
That would suck if our new alternate jersey is actually decided by a fan vote.
I do disagree.

I also like #9 with the Green. It would look much better on fabric too than it does on screen. Sweet.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

#9 is just a rip off of the Nuggets jersey. I like #8 but am not really too keen on any of them.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I guess I don't get how the concept of a skyline is so unique that simply having one on a jersey means you're ripping off another jersey that has one.

The focus of the Nuggets skyline is on the mountains, with the buildings being cutouts inside the mountain.

The Dallas skyline on those jerseys is stark, focused, and much more detailed.

Is anyone with pinstripes ripping off the Yankees? Did we rip off Cleveland when we put "Mavs" on the front, which is very evocative of "Cavs"?

I dunno, I don't really get the ripoff argument.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Tags
worstforumever