Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #1681
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Extreme spoiler warnings on those videos above by the way.

That is to say, they spoil nothing, but you'll be watching about 4 minutes of the premier episode and I know a lot of you don't like that.

I do...it was awesome.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #1682
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this Season 5 promotional picture....

Now we know they clearly don't take these together. All those shots were taken separately somewhere else and then photoshopped together later...but it's still a little weird that Faraday's left foot is missing, right?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #1683
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

That has to be on purpose. His foot is in the air as if to accentuate that fact.

No Claire..... no Jin..... wait.. who is in the green dress? Oh that's the redhead scientist. Right?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #1684
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

My understanding is that Claire is not a "regular cast member" this season. Whatever that means.

And Jinn...who knows? I haven't seen any news on that actor either way. If he's alive, or in weird ghost form or whatever, they're not going to put him in the promotional photos. Maybe he's just plain old dead.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #1685
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

guys, his foot is hidden by the plants on the ground.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #1686
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah...sort of...It doesn't look right to me.

(come on, I want there to be some weird LOST meaning here!! )

There was an uber high quality version of this image, but ABC asked them to take it down off this site where I saw this.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-17-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #1687
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i mean, if that's the case - redhead scientist's feet are missing, and both of ben's! and hurley's! And jack has had his left leg amputated at the pelvis!

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-17-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #1688
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing that I pull from that picture is that Sawyer is sitting on a couch with two chicks--Juliet and Kate.

Now deduce all you want from that =P

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #1689
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Giggle
Old 12-19-2008, 01:16 AM   #1690
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yet another official ABC promo:

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-promo.html

No spoilers, it's a commercial.

WOW. Well that solves whether or not Faraday is alive or not. That's some good stuff right there. There is going to be some freaky ass stuff going on this season. If you're not on-board with the sci-fi element of this show you better get off now.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #1691
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

ABC also brings you this

http://www.ajiraairways.com/

And these "promotional post cards"

Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #1692
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Why not Oceanic still?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #1693
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Do you really think they're going to get back to the island by crashing on a commercial airliner again?

I sure hope not.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #1694
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

So ajira, or whatever that is.... isn't a commercial airliner?
Old 12-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #1695
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm saying I think it's a decoy. From the look of that web site it sure as hell looks like a commercial airline.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #1696
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The official ABC press release for the first episode has "Ethan Rom" (the character) listed as a guest star.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-23-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:09 AM   #1697
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Ethan always gave me the creeps

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-27-2008, 02:10 AM   #1698
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Upon my re-watch of season 2....I'd like to reiterate my initial claim that there is definitely a lot of crap here...but there's some good stuff also. A lot of good stuff. A lot of important stuff, moving forward for the last two seasons. Season 2 could probably be boiled down to about 10 quality episodes worth of stuff. Maybe 12.

There's a lot of little hints in here.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:12 AM   #1699
ty
Diamond Member

...a list of the hints??

Old 12-27-2008, 02:16 AM   #1700
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

lol no.

Like the Harry Potter series, you should be re-reading (or re-watching) at the VERY LEAST the last book/season before the new one comes out, or more ideally the whole damn thing. That's the beauty of the dorky-ness of things like LOST or Harry Potter.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:23 AM   #1701
ty
Diamond Member

Come on...spill...

I lostpedia everything, rather than rewatching. ;]

Old 12-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #1702
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I'm half way through S3 now on my rewatch journey. Season 1 was so well crafted.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #1703
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

S1 owned.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:50 AM   #1704
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So I was thinking...in...err...the past...no...the future...wait...what?

In October of 2005, or shortly thereafter when Sayid meets Ben in Iraq in "The Shape of Things to come" he asks him how he got off the island, and Ben lies and says he used the sailboat. At the time, we, the audience didn't know about the island moving or the frozen donkey wheel.

NOW, we know that Sayid was on the helicopter, and he saw the island disappear. So why would he take Ben's story as said as true? Why wouldn't he ask him what the hell happened to the island, and where is it? "You took the sailboat from where??" Any rational human being who saw what Sayid saw would have had quite a reaction to Ben saying that, right? (I guess there could be more to the story between then and "There's no place like home" because who knows what kind of story telling we're in for in the new season)

It's plausible they might behave as they did in "The Shape of things to come"...but I think it's as close to a continuity error on this show as you will find. (unlike the garbage that is HEROES).
Old 12-29-2008, 01:07 AM   #1705
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh and another thing....(I just watched "Lockdown")

One of the things I most dearly want to know is who dropped that crate of DHARMA food and what exactly do they think is going on on that island.

Given what we now know is the oh so careful and meticulous approach one must make to the island to avoid traveling through time and all sorts of other manner of weird ass sh$t....who dropped the crate of food in late November/Early December of 2004? We know the delivery of the crate came real time (from 2004, TO 2004), because of the coordinated lockdown in the Swan station.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-29-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #1706
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Going back and watching previous seasons will bring to light plenty of continuity errors if you're watching for them. Most of them are small, but they're there.

That's part of the reason I don't do it anymore. It reminds me that while the overall arch was planned (I hope), most of this was fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants writing. If you watch it all as they intended it to be watched you notice almost none of the errors in logic having to do with the flashbacks/flashforwards.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-29-2008 at 08:50 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #1707
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm not trying to nitpick...nor am I actively searching for things to nitpick. I enjoy re-watching the show immensely. It's a pleasant reminder of how freaking great it is.

-----

I was reading a LOST forum the other day, and someone suggested that it was incredibly racist and offensive that Christian appeared to Michael on the freighter to "dismiss him". I didn't know Silk was a fan.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-29-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #1708
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

what is the air date for season 5?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #1709
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
what is the air date for season 5?
I will tell you, using something I ACTUALLY read on a LOST forum...

1/21/2009 <---- IF you add up the digits 1+2+1+2+0+0+9 it equals = 15!!! That's one of "the numbers"!!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #1710
ty
Diamond Member

^ Flaco thought of that.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #1711
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I will tell you, using something I ACTUALLY read on a LOST forum...

1/21/2009 <---- IF you add up the digits 1+2+1+2+0+0+9 it equals = 15!!! That's one of "the numbers"!!!!
thanks for both the worthwhile and worthless info, flac...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #1712
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I wanted to be sure you had all the info you needed to help you on your painful Monday.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #1713
sike
The Preacha

Monday is my day off....anything but painful.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #1714
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Monday is my day off....anything but painful.
I hate you.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #1715
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

TV Guide reviews the first two episodes of season 5:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Review-L...n-1001219.aspx

btw, if you consider knowing that Jack will shave his beard off a spoiler and other such trivial information, then you shouldn't read it.

I don't think we're going to get XERXES to start a new LOST thread for season 5, are we?

Oh and last year it was Mavs/Celtics on LOST premier night. This year it's Mavs @ Bucks, which should be in the 2nd quarter by the time it gets going. That seems like an easier decision this time around, at least to me.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:31 AM   #1716
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

KK, so I'm going through season four. I've done the first three episodes, and this is what popped out at me as either not answered, or it was, and I forgot about it.

1. Hurley tells Jack while playing Horse "I'm sorry I went with Locke." Why would Hurley be sorry? Nothing pops out at me as being the reason - Locke and Hurley don't seem to fall out with each other by the end of the season, the last time they saw each other.

2. Dan cries when he sees the Oceanic 815 wreckage, and when his caretaker asks him why, he says, "I don't know."

3. Frank was supposed to be flying 815. Forgot about that.

4. Naomi's bracelet - "R.G." - that Sayid took and gave to that Nazi chick he was doing.

5. Ben to Sayid at the end of "The Economist": "Remember the last time you thought with your heart instead of your gun." Relating to Nadia? I don't remember.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #1717
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Re-watching LOST during lunch...That conversation when Hurley is conning Sawyer into being "decent", and Sawyer gives Claire the blanket and tells her "Your baby...uh....He's not as wrinkly as he was a couple of weeks ago!" .... That's classic.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #1718
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
2. Dan cries when he sees the Oceanic 815 wreckage, and when his caretaker asks him why, he says, "I don't know."
I think/hope we will find out. There's clearly a reason why he has a notebook full of stuff about the island. Has he been there before?

We know Charlotte has been there before. Can't wait for more on that.

Quote:
3. Frank was supposed to be flying 815. Forgot about that.
Maybe the monster killed the other pilot because it was pissed it wasn't Frank, like it was "supposed" to be? If that is so, does Frank have to go back as well?

Quote:
4. Naomi's bracelet - "R.G." - that Sayid took and gave to that Nazi chick he was doing.
Are all Germans Nazis?

Quote:
5. Ben to Sayid at the end of "The Economist": "Remember the last time you thought with your heart instead of your gun." Relating to Nadia? I don't remember.
I think so. It could still be pretty ambiguous at this point if they wanted to use it later for something Sayid does or doesn't do.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #1719
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Are all Germans Nazis?
Of course not! She certainly was, though.

The only other thing I noticed was Dan trying to remember cards with Charlotte. Remembering 2 of 3 was 'progress.'

16 days!

Among the special features on the Season 4 DVD set was a conspiracy video about the Oceanic Six's story... when you think about it, it really is absolutely ridiculous. How does a plane going from Sydney to LA end up in Indonesia?

Last edited by Kirobaito; 01-05-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #1720
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I don't think he gave it to her. I think she already had the bracelet, which let Sayid know that the German chick worked for (or loved?) the same person as Naomi.