Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-26-2024, 10:36 AM   #1921
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

In 8 of the 12 games in March, the Mavs have tied or out-rebounded their opponent.

Finally...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2024, 10:58 AM   #1922
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I agree. And I think that the success they are having with points in the paint has created a different flow with the offense. This may be impacting the 3pt shooting. But it may also be the case that the team will eventually adapt to the new offensive rhythm and the shooting improves. I am confident Luka will find consistency again (last five games for Luka % from 3pt: 18.2%, 40.0%, 16.7%, 45.5%, 16.7%).
Gafford last 10 games - FG: 66-76 for 86.8% in 24 mpg
Points 15.2 Reb 8.4 Ast 2.0 Blocks 2.5 Steals 0.9 TO 0.7

Lively last 10 games - FG: 41-54 for 75.9% in 18mpg
Points 8.9 Reb 5.2 Ast 0.7 Blocks 0.8 Steals 0.3 TO 0.8

That's incredible and super efficient production from our two main bigs

Is it crazy to think that this is a reasonable and sustainable baseline? It seems for the most part they are getting their looks and opportunities in the flow of the game on pnr action and on the fast break. Both of our bigs have punished opposing teams for not getting back when we push the ball. It has lessened the impact of the ebbs and flows of our shooting. Their true shooting % is in the mid 70's. And with them in essence sharing most of the 48 minutes between them it seems that they can maintain a high level of energy and aggressiveness knowing that they've got someone else to do the work even if they get into foul trouble.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 03:10 PM   #1923
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

PJ's defense...

https://twitter.com/MavsHighlights/s...61946693918945

Old 03-26-2024, 03:42 PM   #1924
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Luka questionable with left ACHILLES soreness. Fucking hell. That?s not something that goes away unless you rest a lot. And even then it will come back.
Old 03-26-2024, 04:28 PM   #1925
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Luka questionable with left ACHILLES soreness. Fucking hell. That?s not something that goes away unless you rest a lot. And even then it will come back.
Weird. Hope he is ok.

Old 03-26-2024, 05:58 PM   #1926
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I nearly had a fucking heart attack when I read the word ACHILLES in all caps. My brain immediately went to "tear" or "rupture." I might have actually cried if that was the case.

Soreness is disconcerting, but none of us are team doctors. I'll leave it up to the professionals to decide whether he can play or not. If they decide he needs rest, so be it. A low playoff seed is not worth jeopardizing his career.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:18 PM   #1927
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I nearly had a fucking heart attack when I read the word ACHILLES in all caps. My brain immediately went to "tear" or "rupture." I might have actually cried if that was the case.

Soreness is disconcerting, but none of us are team doctors. I'll leave it up to the professionals to decide whether he can play or not. If they decide he needs rest, so be it. A low playoff seed is not worth jeopardizing his career.
Sucks because it's an important game, but you don't screw around with Achilles issues. If he sits, then that's fine by me.

Old 03-26-2024, 07:49 PM   #1928
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

Haha that?s my bad. I guess I was in shock even though it?s soreness.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:00 PM   #1929
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Luka shouldn't be needing to play 41 minutes against the Jazz. You could easily give 5 minutes to Hardy/Exum.

The postseason won't matter if Luka isn't in it.

Edit: Stein says Luka is playing so good news I guess...

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-26-2024 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:20 PM   #1930
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

PJ claps back on the 3pt hate
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:21 PM   #1931
Melonhead
Guru

Sabonis with the travel but Lively goes for a fake and fouls
Old 03-26-2024, 09:37 PM   #1932
Melonhead
Guru

Truly boggles my mind why Luka can?t follow his guy to the corner and just plants in the paint leaving him wide open for 3

Last edited by Melonhead; 03-26-2024 at 09:37 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:38 PM   #1933
Melonhead
Guru

Mavs just got kings to commit 3 fouls in 90 seconds.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:40 PM   #1934
Melonhead
Guru

Luka again dropped to the paint leaving Barnes wide open?brick tho
Old 03-26-2024, 09:44 PM   #1935
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Gafford struggles defending pick and rolls. Liability like when taken to the perimeter.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:48 PM   #1936
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Lovely pass back to Luka by Gafford. Gafford has great hands, but also a good feel to his game.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 03-26-2024 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:51 PM   #1937
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

I am just here to say the THJ doesn't offer much to the team.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:53 PM   #1938
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Luka again dropped to the paint leaving Barnes wide open?brick tho
Luka was pissed off jus at someone that let Fox hit that last shot
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:55 PM   #1939
LukaMagic

And there was Kleber (OF COURSE!) with great D on Sabonis.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:56 PM   #1940
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
I am just here to say the THJ doesn't offer much to the team.
Same could be said for Maxi.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:57 PM   #1941
LukaMagic

But Kleber is still curiously out of sorts. That was a weird turnover pass.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:57 PM   #1942
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's the dumbest thing in the world to have Luka shooting technical free throws. Kidd doesn't know how to coach at all.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:58 PM   #1943
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Why do we still allow Luka to shoot the techs?
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:58 PM   #1944
blessednegr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Same could be said for Maxi.
Agreed. Kidd doesn't effing learn.... Both of them lose our momentum when they are in the game. Nothing offensively or defensively.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:59 PM   #1945
LukaMagic

Luka has haters now in most away buildings.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:59 PM   #1946
LukaMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaMagic View Post
Luka has haters now in most away buildings.
hihi Some in Dallas too.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:06 PM   #1947
LukaMagic

Did PJ hit 3 threes in the first quarter? Looks like he broke out of that slum. That often works like that. Blockage, and then there is a breakthrough. All a sign of him adapting to the new team and system.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 03-26-2024 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:26 PM   #1948
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

LFG! Big 3rd quarter
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 10:26 PM   #1949
Melonhead
Guru

What a time for the team to decide to make 3s. Keep it rolling!
Old 03-26-2024, 10:32 PM   #1950
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ever crimp a hose and it stops spraying and then let it out and the water comes spilling out.

That?s PJail?s three point shooting
Old 03-26-2024, 10:32 PM   #1951
Melonhead
Guru

PJ with the arc!!!
Old 03-26-2024, 10:32 PM   #1952
Melonhead
Guru

LETS FUCKING GO
Old 03-26-2024, 10:33 PM   #1953
LukaMagic

This is pretty great to be able to play Gafford on Sabonis, and then be able to bring on Lively to put on him. With Kleber there as an option too, as well as even PJ.

Cuban did great trades.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:33 PM   #1954
blessednegr0

If Gafford wasn't in foul trouble we would be blowing this bad boy right open. What a run in the third. Playoff Luka and Kyrie is going to be hard to stop. If PJ can shoot consistently, this team is trouble.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:37 PM   #1955
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

19?22?24
Old 03-26-2024, 10:40 PM   #1956
Melonhead
Guru

Reminds me of the thunder game post trade. Kicking ass.

Got to finish though. We tend to get lazy shot selection when ahead big.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:40 PM   #1957
Melonhead
Guru

Thj maxi duo in to make the game close.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:43 PM   #1958
Melonhead
Guru

Sabonis can do whatever he wants backing people down. Lively said I got it.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:44 PM   #1959
LukaMagic

Great offensive options explored by Kidd. Breaking the zone with Lively at the point (free throw line), but also PJ (who had a great lay up; he has comfort in the paint).
Old 03-26-2024, 10:45 PM   #1960
Melonhead
Guru

Leave it to Kidd with this SHIT ASS LINEUPS

Tags
copenhagen, straight jacket?, unfresh jive