Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #121
Sean

Sean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the rough

Fuck this discussion, I just found a couple of Ukranian chicks on the sponsored links- I've got your green card right here ladies.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #122
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

somebody show this to MBT! Just do it, don't hold back.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #123
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

125 replies in two hours ???
Old 07-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #124
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #125
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Please, no Cuban!!! This isnt about wasting another season with Dirk + scrubs, its about rebuilding now with promising youth like Dragic...or give it a go with Nash plus a center that should give us more than Haywood, like Camby.
Nash
Matrix
Dirk
Camby

Is just too old! At this time I will not be that surprise to see the likes of Gasol, BRush and Lowry here...Gasol contract is only for 2 years and Dirk and Gasol will be fun for at least 2 years.

Lowry/West
BRush/Roddy/Cunningham
??/Crowder/Bush
Dirk/BWright
Gasol/Fesenko/Wright

I will be content...Who are the free agents in 2014-15-16? here we come "dry power"
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #126
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

They got me believing we could sign Deron. I could believe in Dirk and Nash.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #127
ibivibiv

ibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really nice

If they seriously try to sing the song of "wait for FA next year" AGAIN.... I hereby pre apologize for my negative attitude on these boards for the next year.

Last edited by ibivibiv; 07-03-2012 at 08:37 PM.
ibivibiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #128
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with most of this.

Quote:
• What happens to the Mavericks now?

In a loaded Western Conference, they would appear headed to the lottery. Jason Terry, by far the Mavs’ second-best offensive player last season, is headed to Boston. Jason Kidd is a free agent, and in fast decline even if the Mavs do bring him back. Dirk Nowitzki is a genius, but he’s only getting older. Roddy Beaubois’ career has consisted mostly of waiting, with an occasional explosion.

With Terry gone, the Mavs need an infusion of scoring and/or passing talent to prop up an offense that fell off the rails last season. That was to be Williams’ job, and now Dallas could have something (via a few housecleaning moves) like $12 million in cap space to chase someone else — perhaps old friend Steve Nash, still a fantastic offense player, and the kind who could right this flailing offense. Dallas could acquire more space by using the amnesty provision on Brendan Haywood, a move that appears inevitable at some point, but that would leave Brandan Wright (on a non-guaranteed deal) as the only non-Dirk big man on the roster. The Mavs could re-sign Ian Mahinmi to beef up the front line, too.

This is a brutally thin team right now. It’s heartening that Dallas maintained a top-10 defense last season even without Tyson Chandler, but Shawn Marion, a linchpin of that defense, is 34 and will show his age at some point.

Mark Cuban gambled by letting Chandler leave in free agency, breaking up a champion in order to chase cap space. It was a risk, but one that few criticized at the time without any qualifiers. Chandler was 29 then, with a slightly scary injury history admittedly receding further into the past, and the Mavs’ core was aging fast even then. It was hard to watch the impact of last season’s compressed schedule on everyone from Kidd to Nowitzki and envision this team with Chandler toppling Oklahoma City and Miami in the playoffs, even if they gave the Thunder an honest run in the first round. And it was impossible to predict how badly Lamar Odom would flame out as Cuban’s solid-on-paper attempt to find a one-season stop-gap.

It didn’t work, but the great thing about flexibility is that it doesn’t have to go away. Dallas could sign players to cheap contracts or one-year deals this summer, maintain cap space for next summer and be right back in the thick of every rumor. Players generally like Cuban, and Dallas has a well-earned reputation for being on the cutting edge of luxury, training methods and analytics–stuff that appeals to all sorts of players.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #129
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibivibiv View Post
If they seriously try to sing the song of "wait for FA next year" AGAIN.... I hereby pre apologize for my negative attitude on these boards for the next year.
Ditto.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #130
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

I continue to lobby for Goran Dragic #GorantotheMavs
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #131
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.The plan was for this summer. Sure they'll flexibility again, but Dirk will be **done** by then. If the Mavs are going to compete they need to go all in while Dirk is still able.

And I agree with the idea of blowing it up last year because of the age. But you just can't sit again this upcoming year.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #132
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Players generally like Cuban, and Dallas has a well-earned reputation for being on the cutting edge of luxury, training methods and analytics–stuff that appeals to all sorts of players.

Quote:
It was hard to watch the impact of last season’s compressed schedule on everyone from Kidd to Nowitzki and envision this team with Chandler toppling Oklahoma City and Miami in the playoffs, even if they gave the Thunder an honest run in the first round.
"honest run"....with a corpse (Dirk/Jet/Marion/Kidd).

Now imagine this series in full strenght. (with Tyson, JJB, Dsteve and co.) WE HAD a serious chance to be in the finals again. Period.

Last edited by markus1234; 07-03-2012 at 08:52 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #133
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Cannot keep giving the "dry powder" story every year..the MBT is going to pull a rabbit from nowhere...I hope
Old 07-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #134
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Screw Deron, Screw the NBA, Screw Basketball.
From now on im a CURLER!!!
I will be watching CURLING!!!
F U DERON JUST F U.

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #135
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, our gameplan has to be to gut the entire roster and go back to 11 and 13 win seasons until we can get lucky in the draft and draft another once in a lifetime superstar like Dirk that is good enough to win a championship with virtually no help because no big name free agent will ever sign here. ever. Make it happen cubes.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #136
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Reconsidering a bit--

it may be great to bring back Nash and/or Kidd if we are willing to develop youth. We got some interesting young guys and we could go out and pick up a few more. As long as we are willing to take a step back from treading water and accept that we are rebuilding and that Nash would teach the next generation, then that would be an acceptable solution for me. If we sign Nash so we can throw Nash/Carter/Marion/Dirk/Haywood out there, then count me out.
This made me shudder and honestly, at this point it seems exactly the kind of garbage we would put out there. The MBT love these veterans too much, it's disgusting. While I see the value in veterans their comes a point where we have to move away from that and take risks on younger players. So right now, it's Goran's four year (assuming jthing's assumption is correct) or bringing back a veteran point guard.

Ranting (not at you): What is it that Nash can teach our new blood? How not to play defense?

And as for JLin... does anyone really think the Knicks won't match whatever is offered to him? Someone is going to overpay for him and I would rather it not be us, at least lets get someone who can drive on the left side of the damn basketball court.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #137
HowsMyDirkTaste

HowsMyDirkTaste is on a distinguished road

Amnesty Haywood? Get Nash, and kaman. Bring back west and mahinmi?
HowsMyDirkTaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #138
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Get Dragic

that is all.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #139
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Amnesty Wood

Offer Asik/Hibbert
Offer Dragic
Offer Lee/Roy

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #140
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

I just hope Cuban has a good plan B. I was looking forward to seeing Howard and D-Will in Dallas.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #141
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Crash and burn! If Dirk goes down, is Dallas a lottery team?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #142
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Crash and burn! If Dirk goes down, is Dallas a lottery team?
At the moment, if Dirk goes down, we are the freaking Bobcats. With Nash, maybe we're the Suns.

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-03-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #143
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

I would be pleased in seeing Goran in a Mavericks uniform. Take a risk. We took one with Deron and failed. For our future the risk of giving Gorn a four year is far better than the results of Lin and Nash.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #144
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I like that the MBT went from 2011 world champions to being the biggest piece-of-garbage assholes ever. I have faith.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #145
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Kidd was done to begin with.
Kidd was one of the few players who showed up against OKC this year...

Kidd is far from done, his game doesn't hinge on fading athleticism...

If he signs with the Knicks, look out for them to become serious contenders in 2012-13... Stoudemire, Mello, Lin, Chandler, Kidd, that's a unit that can contend with Miami and OKC...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #146
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You don't get to keep the exceptions if you use cap space. It's one or the other.

Personally, I have no interest in keeping Kidd at this point.
Ditto.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #147
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Come on. Who are we talking about again? Oh, Dirk....the greatest teammate of ALL TIME.

Of course he will say these things about his number 2.

Like I said, I don't think he'll miss JT. What I might have needed to add to clarify is that I'm sure he'll miss JT hitting pull up 17 footers. But I always got the impression that they weren't close.
Yep. That hug after clinching the title and both of them nearly in tears was so fake...
Take that stupid crap elsewhere.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #148
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help but panic a little when I consider that our "big three" is currently Dirk/Marion/Haywood.

Deep breaths, wait for the process to play itself out...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #149
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Our targets at this point should be: 1)definitely Dragic. I know he only had small spurts of productivity and has never been a full time starter. But he definitely adds to Mavericks. I wouldn't give him more then 8 mil a year. And have no problem with a 4 year contract. He will be a stud when given time. Plus he is YOUNG. Enough of this
Nash talk.

Sign Marcus Camby to 2-3 Mil per year over 2 years. He is an UPGRADE over Haywood. Even at his age.

Sign Delonte cheap to a two year deal to back up Dragic. Delonte was great last year. Roddy becomes our new Jason Terry. He doesn't have to compete to be the spark off the bench. He can check in looking to score and not to contribute.

We NEED to following players to get young and stay competitive. Any combination of: Brandon Rush, Courtney Lee, OJ Mayo, JR smith (I know kill me), Brandon Roy, Michael Beasley, Anthony Randolph, AND/OR McGee. And hear me out on McGee. He is the weakside defender that we need to help Dirk. He will only get better with time. Plus we need a serious youth movement. McGee I already have rated higher then Deandre Jordan. And I think we can get him for cheaper.

Our advantage is not too many teams have cap at the moment. Brooklyn is tapped out. Suns... Well, suck... Timberwolves offered that crazy amount to Batum. And then Toronto is not a great destination for NBA players. I think the ball is in our court. We just need to make some good moves.

I dont think the world is ending like some of the rest of you. Deron Williams is nice. However, it didn't happen. So lets move on.
blessednegr0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #150
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
Amnesty Wood

Offer Asik/Hibbert
Offer Dragic
Offer Lee/Roy
Got a little chuckle thinking of Bruce LeeRoy. But I agree. We need Dragic. Asik and Hibbert are overrated. Do not over pay for them. Especially for the max. Keep our salary low and get a better center next year. Camby will be an even better stop gap then Haywood.
blessednegr0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #151
pepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I can't help but panic a little when I consider that our "big three" is currently Dirk/Marion/Haywood.

Deep breaths, wait for the process to play itself out...
No worries my friend...that will not happen, after a few blue moons and plenty left I came to the conclusion that if we are going to be entertaining and contenders...I want Pau Gasol and Dirk..will a TPE, Haywood, Roddy do the trick?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #152
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Dragic, Dragic, Dragic. Get f@cking DRAGIC!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #153
pepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
Our targets at this point should be: 1)definitely Dragic. I know he only had small spurts of productivity and has never been a full time starter. But he definitely adds to Mavericks. I wouldn't give him more then 8 mil a year. And have no problem with a 4 year contract. He will be a stud when given time. Plus he is YOUNG. Enough of this
Nash talk.

Sign Marcus Camby to 2-3 Mil per year over 2 years. He is an UPGRADE over Haywood. Even at his age.

Sign Delonte cheap to a two year deal to back up Dragic. Delonte was great last year. Roddy becomes our new Jason Terry. He doesn't have to compete to be the spark off the bench. He can check in looking to score and not to contribute.

We NEED to following players to get young and stay competitive. Any combination of: Brandon Rush, Courtney Lee, OJ Mayo, JR smith (I know kill me), Brandon Roy, Michael Beasley, Anthony Randolph, AND/OR McGee. And hear me out on McGee. He is the weakside defender that we need to help Dirk. He will only get better with time. Plus we need a serious youth movement. McGee I already have rated higher then Deandre Jordan. And I think we can get him for cheaper.

Our advantage is not too many teams have cap at the moment. Brooklyn is tapped out. Suns... Well, suck... Timberwolves offered that crazy amount to Batum. And then Toronto is not a great destination for NBA players. I think the ball is in our court. We just need to make some good moves.

I dont think the world is ending like some of the rest of you. Deron Williams is nice. However, it didn't happen. So lets move on.
Agree with your way of thinking...we need to get younger if anything
Old 07-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #154
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTnERb View Post
somebody show this to MBT! Just do it, don't hold back.
I'm guessing he's too athletic and young for the Mavs front offices taste.

Give us Dragic Cuban!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #155
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm for two or three years of Dirk and friends. Go all in and get Nash. Sign Kaman. Amnesty Haywood. Put some relatively young pieces around that group like Lee, Mayo, or Rush. Dirk will enjoy coming to work and trying to help his buds win a championship (they might not get close but they will have fun trying). It will be entertaining and you won't have to worry about watching a painfully anemic offense. You can try to trade some of those pieces later but plan on letting Dirk and friends play out their careers and then rebuild in 2015-2016. Seems to me like this is a relatively happy ending to a bitter story of bad luck in signing free agents.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #156
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
Got a little chuckle thinking of Bruce LeeRoy.
Sho'nuff!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #157
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Screw Deron. He was getting a little thick and slowing down anyways. By the time he's 32 he'll be an undersized power forward with the extra lbs he's been putting on.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #158
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Kidd and Tyson happily reunited in Big Apple, Jet contending in BOS

....meanwhile Dirk is spending his last 2yrs with Roddy, Wood and some overpaid leftovers....as a freakin mascot.

This take is... depressing.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #159
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

People are abusing and misusing that gif. Not cool.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #160
pepe

Are the Nets looking at a payroll of like $74 Million?..no stiff penalties for luxury tax?

If that is the case how much will it cost for Dirk, Gasol, Goran and BRush? keeping BWright, DWest and Roddy and the 3 rookies? Can't be that much.

And if anybody knows...how valuable are expiring contracts in the CBA? Gasol will be one next year.

Last edited by pepe; 07-03-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Tags
avery wins, dwill loves the pecker, jigga town, return of cadbane?, russian mutant cuban 1, shark tank cuban 0, willy wants a pecker