Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-13-2003, 11:11 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The Mavericks and Spurs now lead their respective series 3-2. The team winning game five has a 86% winning percentage historically (Thanks dooby).

We've wanted the Spurs since the last week of the year....looks like it might happen. I'm not counting chickens yet, but it sure was nice to see the Spurs beat the Fakers on the same night we schooled the queens.

Let the I-35 Western Conference Championships begin!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2003, 12:08 AM   #2
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Watching anyone beat LA warms my heart. Assuming we are headed to an All-TX WCF, I am very relieved. Not even b/c I think we have a better chance against the Spurs (I think it's all about the same w/the Trio of Death, although LA is slightly more in our heads), I just don't think I'd be able to stomach watching the Lake Show in a 7 game series.

Of course we gotta finish off the Queens first. Let's get this out of the way in 6, guys. GO MAVS!
Old 05-14-2003, 05:41 AM   #3
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

The way the Lakers came back on the Spurs from a 25 point hole, and almost pulled it out, makes me believe that the Lakers are also in the Spurs head. It will be very difficult for both the Spurs and Mavs to close out their series'. If the Mavs CAN close out the King, I much prefer the Spurs. The Mavs are capable of beating either one, but I think the mental hurdle is higher with the Lakers.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 10:53 AM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

All Texas Shootout would be fantastic. Maybe we could also do away with the DUMBASS start times as well. Are you listening David Stern?
Old 05-14-2003, 01:18 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Although All-Texas shootout would be great I would prefer lakers. The spurs is too good defensively compared to lakers. Spurs can control the tempo of the game better than lakers do. The lakers defense has not been nearly as good as it used to be.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:15 PM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

We will pound the Spurs until they bleed out of their eye sockets. Bradley is a Duncan crushing defensive machine. Parker, Ginobli, Rose, and Jackson are so less talented than the Kings backcourt, it's shameful. We can run this team into the ground and we can beat them in the half court. Either way it's an easy series.

Don't be impressed by what they've done to the Lakers. L.A. is NOT a good team anymore.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 07:17 PM   #7
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

<< We will pound the Spurs until they bleed out of their eye sockets. Bradley is a Duncan crushing defensive machine. Parker, Ginobli, Rose, and Jackson are so less talented than the Kings backcourt, it's shameful. We can run this team into the ground and we can beat them in the half court. Either way it's an easy series.

Don't be impressed by what they've done to the Lakers. L.A. is NOT a good team anymore.
>>

Wow!

Now there's respect for you! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Oh well, I'm used to it...

Does this mean you're saying you'd rather have the Lakers? Really? I'm surprised by that! I don't think anybody really wants the Lakers. Garnett said that, and got dismissed in the first round again. The Spurs have admitted that the Lakers are a tough team to beat.

I agree, you could probably run them into the ground. That's not really the Spurs' game. However, the Spurs have done a pretty good job of stopping teams from doing that. I'm not sure about the half court. A low-scoring, half-court defensive game would be playing into the Spurs' strength. I think your best chance to win a series with the Spurs would be to run-and-gun. Getting the Spurs into a high-scoring run-and-gun game would take away the Spurs' greatest strength: defense. That type of game would make it tough for the Spurs. They don't have as many offensive weapons (although they're getting better).

Old 05-15-2003, 02:49 PM   #8
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

<<

>>

Which is why I want the Lakers.