Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2016, 10:12 PM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
In middle of watching game. I don't have free agent list in front of me, but please, it would be hard to find somebody to sign who's older than CV. I'm not saying turn the entire roster over, but let Parsons and CV walk. Parsons is not worth a max deal, and I find the "recruiter" argument laughable. I'd prefer to play Justin Anderson instead to add some more athleticism and defense to go with Dirk. I really don't mind our centers. I'd still like to see McGee get some minutes now that he's healthy, but that's unlikely. Mavs could turn over 4 spots and still be a playoff team shooting for 5-8 seed and roll into 2017 with draft picks and possibly better free agent options. I'm not against sitting back and letting everybody else blow out the new salary cap next year, especially considering the caliber of free agents likely to sign with Dallas.
You make some excellent points in a vacuum, but check out the FA list and get back to me... I mean, I'm definitely not going to argue with you about CV, but if you cross your requirements of "young + athletic" with my requirements of "talented + high BBIQ + right attitude" and factor in likelihood of landing said player, then Candler Parsons rates damn near at the top of the list.

If he can bring Howard here, then I can't really think of a better scenario for this offseason... I mean, we still have Anderson under contract through 2019, and I'd love to see what something like ??/Wes/Simba/Pasrons/Howard looks like while Dirk catches his breath. McGee is out, but I could see Mejri possibly edging out Zaza for a backup spot to Howard, based on price vs potential. Just depends on how he finishes out the season/playoffs.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote