Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-22-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough
Default trades.

and trades been made public or near finalizing today other than aj?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupyonuts
and trades been made public or near finalizing today other than aj?

The Portland Trail Blazers and Raptors have agreed in principle on a trade sending Juan Dixon to Toronto for Fred Jones in a swap of backup guards, ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reported.

Dixon, 28, in his fifth NBA season, is averaging 8.9 points per game for the Blazers. Jones, also in his fifth year, is averaging 7.6 points.
GermanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
l3igballer23

l3igballer23 is on a distinguished road

The Rockets are apparently very close to acquiring Mike James from the Wolves. The deal is to rumored to be for the expiring contract of Bob Sura and a 1st rouder.
l3igballer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3igballer23
The Rockets are apparently very close to acquiring Mike James from the Wolves. The deal is to rumored to be for the expiring contract of Bob Sura and a 1st rouder.

The Rox are dealing for an arrogant loser to add up with a bunch of already tested losers. I wonder what Rockette fans (or trolls) have to say about this. Eherm *Paging The Diggler*

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 02-22-2007 at 02:37 PM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3igballer23
Mike James for Sura...okay...but why the first rounder as well? That makes no sense for the Rox.

If I'm KG, I'm pissed if this is all Minny does...
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #6
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Trade deadline 06-07 -> Lame

Old 02-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Trade deadline 06-07 -> Lame
good call...all he hype about Kidd going to LA and VC going anywhere and Pau sucking balls and still wanting to go somewhere else and Bibby to everywhere...blah!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Old 02-22-2007, 03:10 PM   #8
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
good call...all he hype about Kidd going to LA and VC going anywhere and Pau sucking balls and still wanting to go somewhere else and Bibby to everywhere...blah!

Got built up for nothing! Wow.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #9
l3igballer23

l3igballer23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Rox are dealing for an arrogant loser to add up with a bunch of already tested losers. I wonder what Rockette fans (or trolls) have to say about this. Eherm *Paging The Diggler*
Actually, the deal is a very good one for the Rockets. Sura hasn't played for two years. The deal may or may not include the first rounder.

Also, Mike James has playoff experience -- won a title with the Pistons.

If you look at the Rocket's bench production, or lack thereof, the only real contributor is Luther Head -- and his points come mostly off either Rafer Alston or TMac's penetration, both of whom are starters. Bonzi, who is their 6th man, is terribly out of shape. Mike James would be a spark off the bench. They had to make a move to combat the depth of the Mavs.

Last edited by l3igballer23; 02-22-2007 at 03:15 PM.
l3igballer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #10
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Not just lame. It's gay. Amaechi x Liberace gay.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #11
Joey

Quote:
Not just lame. It's gay. Amaechi x Liberace gay.
Wow...Did we just have a Tim Hardaway sighting?
Old 02-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #12
haywoodjay

haywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these parts

Quote:
no sh!t man... it's not like he's ever won a title or anything.

oh, wait...
haywoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #13
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Did this Rockets trade actually happen? I didn't see it announced.

And for those of you who say this was a boring deadline--what about the Jazz getting Alan Henderson?

Last edited by Stranger; 02-22-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #14
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Alston > James
Head > James
Why do the Rockets need another PG?
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:46 PM   #15
haywoodjay

haywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WurzburgBorn
Alston > James
Head > James
Why do the Rockets need another PG?
head is an atrocious PG... he has no business being a 1.

i'm not a mike james fan, but acquiring him for sura and a 1st rounder would've been a no-brainer. a sharpshooting backup 1 with decent handles is exactly what the rockets need.

oh well.
haywoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote