Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Clips - Dallas, Dallas-Boston

Pipe Dream, but oh well.

Dallas sends:
Jason Terry
Greg Buckner

Clippers send:
Corey Maggette
Tim Thomas

Mavs get a backup PF for Dirk who is athletic enough to play small and zone bust.

Dallas sends:
Dampier
Howard
Mbenga

Boston sends:
Paul Pierce

Mavs sign in FA: Magloire, Grant Hill. Resign Stack and try to pick up a PG somewhere thru the draft or FA. Your lineup for next year looks something like this:

Harris/Barea
Maggette/Stack
Pierce/Hill
Dirk/Thomas/Mensa-Bonsu
Diop/Magloire

Thoughts, comments...
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

yes to the first, pass on the 2nd. I like howard too much. and he is only 24 years old.. Magliore is a FA this year? hope we sign him
Old 05-08-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
yes to the first, pass on the 2nd. I like howard too much. and he is only 24 years old.. Magliore is a FA this year? hope we sign him
Josh is 27 yrs old...
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

tim thomas isn't a worker. no thanks...
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

That isn't bad, but I think the Clippers are not getting enough to do the deal--either Atlanta's 2nd or a 1st down the line might be enough to get it done.

I definitely think Maggette should be a target--the Clippers badly need a point guard.

The biggest problem is that Boston probably doesn't want Dampier.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
That isn't bad, but I think the Clippers are not getting enough to do the deal--either Atlanta's 2nd or a 1st down the line might be enough to get it done.

I definitely think Maggette should be a target--the Clippers badly need a point guard.

The biggest problem is that Boston probably doesn't want Dampier.
howard should be enough to entice them. and its danny ainge.

need i add anything else?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I'd do the first trade and stickwith that, and then add a couple of the guys you mentioned (Magloire) via free agency. I don't really want Tim Thomas though.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #8
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Josh is 27 yrs old...
really. okay, honest mistake. I guess its devin who is 24 then..probably wrong there too-
Old 05-09-2007, 07:57 AM   #9
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts

Don't know if Boston wants Damp. They got their big contract now (Ratliff) and he isn't even on the floor. Damp could provide defense and experience. Josh for Pierce would be a dream for them, and Mbenga is thirth string (I like him, I'm from Belgium)
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #10
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I wouldn't trade Howard and I'm not comfortable with Barea as the 2nd pt guard. Cannot stand Tim Thomas, and I'm pretty sure he's at the end of his career.

I think Maggette is a good thought.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #11
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

too radical of a change
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote