Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #81
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
It's blowing up over on espn site. Over 3000 comments and most just ripping Wade and Lebron.
hurricane3454
The funny thing is James was trying to really milk having a "cold" before a Bulls game. Reporter- how's your cold? James- can't you hear it in my voice? ... These guys are unbelievably cocky for a team that's down 3-2 in the Finals.

Earvin Magic Johnson
When asked to talk about how he planned on being more effective in game 6, LeBron James said, "I can only give you three quarters of an answer."

Last edited by pkdumas; 06-11-2011 at 05:14 PM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #82
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Insightful comment on that ESPN article...

FormulaOner:
One thing about Dirk though, that I think may be overlooked by the national media--I dont know that he's a very good leader. He isnt afraid to call out his teammates( a bit too openly, sometimes) and on the court, he rarely shows restraint when criticizing his guys.
Nothing wrong with trying to pump your guys up, but sometimes I think he acts a bit too "high society"(cant find the right word right now)
Old 06-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #83
pkdumas
Golden Member

MIAMI – DeShawn Stevenson does not have a Facebook page.

That’s newsworthy because somebody who claims to be Stevenson posted on Facebook: “I told em Lebron is Overrated but did they listen? swag.”

Coach Rick Carlisle caught wind of that and confronted Stevenson, telling him to stop talking trash about LeBron James. Stevenson, whose history of taking verbal jabs at King James goes back several years, was confused and told his coach that the latest comment didn’t come from him.

“There’s like 37 people that are acting like me on Facebook,” Stevenson said. “I mean, if you look at me and look at all these tattoos, do you think I’d be sitting on the Internet and typing? C’mon, man. Sometimes you’ve got to look at a person. I would not be in my house on a computer typing nothing about anybody.”

Stevenson said he doesn’t know how to use Facebook. Nor does he want to learn.

“I can’t get on there because I would say something reckless,” Stevenson said. “That’s why I don’t have nothing on there. That’s why really I can’t have one.”

There have been several comments made by Stevenson during these Finals that have been perceived by some as trash talking to James. None, however, were intended to incite. Stevenson has simply given honest answers to questions, perhaps too honest in some cases.

“Let LeBron just chill. Don’t put the heat on me,” Stevenson said, breaking into a hearty laugh. “Everybody wants me to make him mad! Please, just leave me alone! Just leave me alone! You’re going to have that man want to kill me off the court. I don’t want that.”
Old 06-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #84
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post

FormulaOner:
One thing about Dirk though, that I think may be overlooked by the national media--I dont know that he's a very good leader. He isnt afraid to call out his teammates( a bit too openly, sometimes) and on the court, he rarely shows restraint when criticizing his guys.
Nothing wrong with trying to pump your guys up, but sometimes I think he acts a bit too "high society"(cant find the right word right now)
Ha I actually responded to that one (whiba).
Old 06-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #85
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post

FormulaOner:
Thats a perfect example of the nanny state we are becoming... what they just described IS a leader. Their not in kindergarten any more!
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #86
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

THEY DID IT AGAIN!

What arrogant pieces of human garbage.

TAKE THEM DOWN, DIRK.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...han-act-itself

Quote:
Wade, LeBron excuse for mocking Dirk worse than act itself

Maybe you missed the latest, where LeBron and his partner in dumb, Dwyane Wade, mocked Dirk Nowitzki for daring to be sick during the NBA Finals. That twosome was caught on video walking around the Mavericks' home arena -- Dirk's house -- with shirts over their faces, coughing, asking each other, "Did you hear me cough?"

And giggling.

And when I say they were "caught," that's not really accurate. They weren't busted. They walked out of their locker room Thursday, saw the cameras, and on cue broke into the Walking Flu act. It was choreographed, obviously.

And they did it again Saturday, when the media found the time and place to ask James and Wade -- and also Nowitzki, who was understandably put off -- about the video. James and Wade met the media individually, each spending roughly 10 minutes in front of cameras. Wade was asked 15 questions. James was asked 11.

Both players coughed while listening to one question, and only one question. You know which question.

James went even farther. As the question unfolded and he heard the magic words about "a video circulating that's gathering buzz," James sniffed loudly. Then he grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his face. Then he turned and coughed.

You see what's happening, right? James and Wade think they have this inside joke, this secret little gag that nobody else is smart enough to pick up on. Then when the world does pick up on it -- because they're just not that clever -- they get defensive.

But mocking Nowitzki? Him? He's the nicest guy on the floor, and he's playing with a torn tendon in a finger, and he played Game 4 with a 101-degree fever. And Nowitzki has downplayed both issues, saying the injury and the illness would have no bearing before the games even began.

When he was asked Saturday about being mocked, Nowitzki also had a physical reaction, though he didn't theatrically cough as James and Wade had. He smiled. Broke into a big ol' grin, just for a second, then swallowed it.

Then he devoured James and Wade in eight words, speaking as he has been scoring. Efficiently. Brutally.

"It was a little childish," Nowitzki said. "A little ignorant."

Childish fits, seeing how James is Peter Pan, living in a make-believe world where sycophants kiss his ass. He never grew up, and maybe never will. Sadly, classy Dwyane Wade hasn't been a good influence on James. Nope. James is dragging Wade down to his level. They're Peter Pan and Tinkerbell.

These are your best players, Miami Heat fans. This is your team. You damn well better like them.

Who else could?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #88
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

1:24, Lebron wipes his nose on his shirt...

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2011/fin...ess_lebron.nba
Old 06-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #89
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=6651707

MIAMI -- Dirk Nowitzki didn't find anything funny about the Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade and LeBron James coughing and cracking jokes about being sick in front of cameras, calling it "childish."

Windhorst: Time near for LeBron, Dirk

LeBron or Dirk? Mavs or Heat? The Finals are about to reach their climax and someone is going to have the hammer and someone is going to get hammered, writes Brian Windhorst. Dime

Wade and James didn't mention Nowitzki's name, but it appeared they were mocking the Dallas Mavericks superstar while walking out of the American Airlines Center following Thursday's shootaround, before Game 5 of the NBA Finals. That's certainly how Nowitzki, who battled a sinus infection that caused a 101-degree fever during Dallas' Game 4 win, perceived the incident when he watched the video.

"I just thought it was a little childish, a little ignorant," Nowitzki said before Saturday's practice at AmericanAirlines Arena. "I've been in this league for 13 years. I've never faked an injury or illness."

Wade, who referred to Nowitzki's sinus infection Thursday as "the fun-loving story of him being sick," claimed Saturday that he didn't pretend to cough.

"I actually did cough," Wade said. "And with the cameras being right there, we made a joke out of it because we knew you guys were going to blow it up. You did exactly what we knew.

"We never said Dirk's name. I think he's not the only one in the world who can get sick or have a cough. We just had fun with the cameras being right in our face about the blowup of the incident, and it held to be true. You blew it up."

NBA Finals on ESPN.com

Heat Mavericks The Mavericks and Heat face off for the NBA championship. Follow the matchup on ESPN.com:

• Finals page | Finals schedule
• Mavs Center | Blog | ESPN Dallas
• Heat Index | TrueHoop | Playoffs

James did not clarify whether his cough was fake or not. He declined to discuss the incident.

"I'm not feeding into that," said James, who has been heavily criticized for performing well below his standards during this series. "If you guys want to feed into everything that not only myself or D-Wade or the Miami Heat do, I think that's a non-issue. There's bigger issues in this series than that."

Nowitzki, who is averaging 27.0 points and has consistently dominated in crunch-time during the series, agrees with that point. With the Mavericks up 3-2 in the Finals, Nowitzki's focus is solely on closing out the series to claim his first championship.

While the coughing and joking by Wade and James annoyed Nowitzki, he said it wouldn't influence his demeanor during Game 6.

"It's over to me," Nowitzki said. "It's not going to add anything extra to me. This is the NBA Finals. If you need extra motivation, you have a problem.

"So we're one win away from my dream, what I've worked for half of my life. This is all I'm really worried about. This is all I'm focusing on."
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #90
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to bump this, but i figured this would be a good place to post the latest evidence of Dwyane wade being a dick. And why i STILL hate the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKp5UOewwow
Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #91
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Sorry to bump this, but i figured this would be a good place to post the latest evidence of Dwyane wade being a dick. And why i STILL hate the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKp5UOewwow
Holy hell. He's such a piece of trash. It's like in February when he broke Kobe's nose in the All-Star game because he was mad he didn't get a call.

I actually emailed the league office to demand a 2 game suspension because of how much it disgusted me. You guys can do the same using this link. http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #92
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

God i have no clue how he has managed to cultivate respect or image that he is a "class act".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKPdNQyASmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMLnOTewYGg

these are bitch moves
Old 12-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #93
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He's not diva wade for nothing.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #94
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Wade is simply the like spoiled child. Early in his career Stern and the refs gave him too much freedom (flopping and jumping into guys) and now it backfires.

Last edited by markus1234; 12-27-2012 at 08:36 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #95
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWCsWGQe3Dg

lowers into the screen with his shoulder, but Pierce is the one who gets ejected...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #96
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Hey folks don't forget this gem right here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk
Old 12-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #97
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Are you kidding me? All I want to do is forget that.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #98
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Oh Game 2, 2011, after Dirk's spinning game winner, Miami still had a chance, Wade got the ball and fired up a 40 footer, with a flying Dirk coming by as interference, Wade goes to the ground, wanting to cry about Dirk's wind getting into his eye.....arms about to raise looking for a foul. This was the game where his corner 3 in front of the Mavs bench gave them a 15 point lead. Lebron's shadow boxing him all the way to the Heat bench.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #99
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

oh yes, i remember that bitch move well:

MY EYE!

didn't hurt until he saw his shot missed...

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-27-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #100
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

or my favorite bitch move of all time - the wheelchair for a shoulder injury:

Old 12-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #101
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
or my favorite bitch move of all time - the wheelchair for a shoulder injury:

Haslem's face says it all lol.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #102
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...ramon-sessions

good job nowhereman

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #103
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Ha ha ha! "Flailing his leg and making contact with the groin"

It was an intentional kick - that wasn't a random flail.

I thought it deserved at least 2 games. But the NBA offices have such a hard-on for wade, that would never happen.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #104
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I'd like to think my e-mail helped....but he gets 1 game.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #105
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Haha - thanks. In my inbox:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting the National Basketball Association with your concerns. Dwyane Wade has been suspended one game without pay for flailing his leg and making contact with the groin of Ramon Sessions during the Miami Heat's win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Dec. 26. Wade will serve his suspension when the Heat play the Detroit Pistons on Dec. 28 at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

Thank you again for your feedback and support of the NBA.

Sincerely,

NBA Fan Relations

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #106
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

NBA stars pulled a Clinton today. Deron Williams all confused about Avery firing, Wade's kick of course wasn't intentional. Also Heat put out a very serious statement with lots of yadda yadda on the topic.

j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flopping little bitch, wade=lebronspowerbottom