Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold
Default Value of Demarcus Cousins on this team potentially....or not

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...marcus-cousins

Who knows if he is even on Cuban/Donnie's radar, but personally i would be ALL FOR this trade. Yes, he's a knucklehead who seeems to be completely lacking in the maturity department, along with a discouraging absence of class in general. However, his ridiculous talent level would lead me to trade for him in a heart beat, as long as it doesn't mean giving up Mayo. Personally, I could see management coming out on either side of this argument, and I could make a fairly valid argument for both sides as well. But given the way our season is heading, I think a shake-up could give us a really nice boost, moral and talent-wise. Plus, if we can fix his mental instability in the same manner as we've done other players (not including D-West), then I believe he would make us infinitely better in the long run. Even if he doesn't end up panning out, I'm willing to bet he'd still make FAR more attractive trade bait in the future than anyone else we have on this roster....

DISCUSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

He is extremely talented but I don't believe he is worth the risk. Maybe if the Mavs still had Jason Kidd (and a few other veterans) then they might be able to convince him to get his head on straight. But the Mavs just don't have those kind of veterans anymore.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I would easily trade Mayo and our first plus other expirings for any combination of their players. It's not like we're going anywhere this year. If the Kings take that deal, you do it. Although, you might want to wait what happens to Howard. It looks like Paul's extension will be a no brainer, not really sure about Howard. Does he really want to play with Kobe for at least 2 more years after this? I highly doubt that.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
He is extremely talented but I don't believe he is worth the risk. Maybe if the Mavs still had Jason Kidd (and a few other veterans) then they might be able to convince him to get his head on straight. But the Mavs just don't have those kind of veterans anymore.
I agree that guys like J-Kidd and Chandler would make it FAR easier to keep his attitude in check, although I still believe that with guys like VC, Dirk, Marion, Carlisle around he won't be able to get away with those shenanigans, and he won't stand for riding the pine. If he realizes that his only way to play is to get his immaturity in check, then I think we might be able to elicit some results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I think every new player would have value on this team right n... WAIT WHAT?

OK seriously: Mavs have a history of grabbing abandoned talent, but Cousins is going after teammates and coaches so he probably needs a psychiatrist to work out all his issues.

I don't know how 5M of additional guaranteed money would harm us in the free agent market next year, but it doesn't seem reasonable.

Plus I'm not too sure we have the locker room to deal with such attitude.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, like said above. Without Kidd, Terry and even Chandler he won't listen to many guys outside of Dirk and maybe Carter.

He is sooo talented, it would be a shame if he never is able to show it.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Cousins is a low BBIQ volume shooter with average D. Not what we need. Give me Gortat instead...or Aldridge.

Last edited by markus1234; 12-28-2012 at 07:01 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Cousins is a low BBIQ volume shooter with average D. Not what we need. Give me Gortat instead...or Aldridge.
Or Pekovic. I like him.
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I would hate to take the chance of messing up a championship team with that knucklehead...

Oh wait...Nevermind.

Yeah, bring him in. I mean, what's the worse that happens? The team looks like the Kings? They already do!
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... frack it. He cant make this team any worse.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote