Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #41
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Two fuck!ng idiots

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #42
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
ok cool I was confused

there's an awesome thread on this at insidehoops that just RAILS on LeBron. I thought the funniest thing about the video was Bron just kinda copycatting Wade's bitch move.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=226120
Great observation on LeBron in the background. He looks like little brother mimicking older brother. Kind of hesitant. Desperate to fit in.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #43
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

I think it's silly to question if Wade was hurt or not. I truly believe he got banged up. You ever had a hip bruise or a bone bruise? Wade could have easily obtained something like that and stuff like that fucking hurts. I expect him to be fine for Sunday and I expect our team to prepare as if nothing was different.

UNO MAS
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #44
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any way we can get this video seen by the Mavs? I'd love to see their reaction to this bullshit...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Really we just need to go play the damn game. Between D3venson and JET we have enough talkers. If we don't enough motivation to go get this game theres a prob.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Dirk can mock LeBron by playing sh*tty basketball.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #47
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather see the Equipment mgr roll a Wheelchair out and let Jet push Dirk around doing donuts all over the Heats court while holding the trophy.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #48
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Link

That is all.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-10-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #49
DallasMavericksIn2011

DallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the rough

To quote a youtube comment, "Wade was mocking Dirk. LeBron was just choking again."
DallasMavericksIn2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #50
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Is there any way we can get this video seen by the Mavs? I'd love to see their reaction to this bullshit...
fluid, I think this interview with Marion speaks to that point: The Dallas Mavericks New Goal: Don’t Let There Be a Game Seven

Quote:
If he saw LeBron James and Dwyane Wade mocking Dirk Nowitzki prior to the game:

(Marion) “Not at all. Everybody, the media, just comes back and reports stuff like that. We don’t care about that.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #51
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
I think it's silly to question if Wade was hurt or not. I truly believe he got banged up. You ever had a hip bruise or a bone bruise? Wade could have easily obtained something like that and stuff like that fucking hurts. I expect him to be fine for Sunday and I expect our team to prepare as if nothing was different.

UNO MAS
He'd have a pretty good case if he had actually hit his hip on the play.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #52
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, it hurts, but like Marion said (roughly paraphrased), "This is the Finals. What's pain?"

Wade clearly had no mobility issues yesterday, so the only thing that could be wrong is that it hurts a lot. Boo hoo.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #53
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Yep, LeBron is following Wade's lead in the video, both literally and metaphorically. He doesn't have the capacity and mental fortitude to be a true leader and champion (or come up with a joke first). That alone will be enough for him to never reach Jordan's level, regardless of his spectacular talent.

Although I dislike Skip Bayless in general, he was right when he said earlier today that LeBron is 26, looks 36, and behaves like he's 16. Are they (Wade & LeBron) seriously wondering why everyone and their mothers outside of South Beach hate them with a passion?

One could almost feel sorry for LeBron. As soon as he leaves the court, he's in way over his head. Just like a 16-year-old.

In a way I'm glad he didn't end up in Dallas. It's much easier to root for the good guys that are the easy-to-like Mavs of 2011.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #54
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
Go to the 1:00 mark... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cppinwc1PzY&sns=em

Hadn't seen this until now (Fish tweet). Thought it deserved it's own thread.
Video pulled.

Alternative:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1a0DTJDZQ
Old 06-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #55
UtahDirkfan

UtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to all

Wait....I thought Wade pulled his labia. Anyways, Terry can talk trash about Lebron. Why? Because he backs it up. That's why. Why also is it that Lebron can keep a quick Derrick Rose in front of him but struggles with Terry? Because he can't handle the mental part of the game. Explains why he chokes when it matters most.

We all know you talk trash to get in a players head. There are some players you can do that with and it helps and there are others that use it as fuel. Lebron lets it get to him in a bad way and struggles. It's the finals. Continue to talk trash about a guy who wants all the attention but yet can't come through for his team when it matters and still can't come through when he ups and leaves to join Wade. Wade gets hurt, Lebron should have gone off. He didn't. He's a lost little brother without big brother on the court.
UtahDirkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Two things.

1. Regardless of whether or not it hurt a little bit, it sets Wade up to be a tremendous hero if his team pulled out a series victory. You know that he was thinking about this at some point shortly after bumping his hip.
2. If the Heat lose, the boo-boo further distances him from the loss in his opinion.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #57
iella
Golden Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OunWJ1fDByE

From the guy that did the "Dirk" music video. THIS is how you mock someone, fellas.

1:25-1:35 had me literally laughing out loud. Alone in my apartment.

Last edited by iella; 06-10-2011 at 07:42 PM.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #58
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

Looks like Trix might have finally saw the video.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #59
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

^^^

I'm not quite sure how to take that. Is he saying that LeWade doesn't know that Dirk was being serious when he was sick, or is he saying that those bitches in Heat were just playing around and we (fans, media, etc) need to calm down and quit taking it so seriously.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #60
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

I'd like to give Wade the benefit of the doubt that I have, but he's such a drama queen I wouldn't be surprised if left to try to get LBJ into dominating mode and create a story line for himself in they won after he came back. He was probably monitoring the score the whole time to see what the most dramatic time to come back was.

Everybody at the bar I was at was convinced he was "out for good." I assured all of them he would be back and was fine. When he came back his lateral movement and elevation was clearly 100% or very close to it.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #61
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
or is he saying that those bitches in Heat were just playing around and we (fans, media, etc) need to calm down and quit taking it so seriously.
This is what I think Matrix is implying
Old 06-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #62
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Maybe Dirk can mock LeBron by playing sh*tty basketball.
Maybe next year...
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #63
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

In the aftermath of Miami's Game 5 loss to the Mavericks, a CBS-11 video taken after that morning's Miami shootaround has become a national story.

In the video, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are coughing and making joking remarks about being sick. Most who have seen the video construe it as Wade and James making fun of the fact that Dirk Nowitzki was painted as a hero for playing through a fever in Game 4.

"I just thought it was a little childish, a little ignorant," Nowitzki said Saturday, before the Mavericks' practice at American Airlines Arena. "I've been in this league for 13 years. I've never faked an injury or an illness before. But it happened. It's over to me.

"It's not going to add anything extra to me. This is the NBA Finals. If you need extra motivation, you have a problem. So we're one win away from my dream, what I've worked on for half of my life. This is really all I'm worried about."

Earlier Saturday, Wade was asked how he would feel if Jason Terry or Nowitzki walked into American Airlines Arena with an exaggerated limp _ in other words, poking fun of Wade's hip injury.

"First of all, it wasn't fake-coughing," Wade said. "I actually did cough. And with the cameras being right there, we made a joke out of it because we knew you guys were going to blow it up. You did exactly what we knew.

"We never said Dirk's name. I think he's not the only one in the world who can get sick or have a cough. We just had fun with the cameras being right in our face about the blow up of the incident, and it held to be true. You blew it up."

James' response? "I'm not feeding into that," he said. "If you guys want to feed into everything that not only myself, or D-Wade or the Miami Heat do, I think that's a non-issue. There are bigger issues in this series than that."

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...t-dirks-i.html
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #64
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Dirk says it was "a little childish, a little ignorant."

Wade mock = Tim Thomas kiss?

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #65
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

"First of all, it wasn't fake-coughing," Wade said. "I actually did cough. And with the cameras being right there, we made a joke out of it because we knew you guys were going to blow it up. You did exactly what we knew.

"We never said Dirk's name. I think he's not the only one in the world who can get sick or have a cough. We just had fun with the cameras being right in our face about the blow up of the incident, and it held to be true. You blew it up."

LOL stfu Wade.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #66
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be curious to get LDub's take on this whole thing. He's always had the opinion that Wade was a really stand up dude off the court that handled himself well. So he didn't have the level of hate for him that others have.

And on some level, I semi-agreed with him. For the most part, Wade is a laid back guy that carries himself well with the media. His on-court demeanor and game is nauseating, but so its Chris Paul's, and I think Chris Paul is freaking awesome.

Fast forward to this, though...I dunno. Ultimately this isn't a big deal, but Dirk is 100% correct to call it ignorant and childish, and now Wade is playing the persecution card. His answer makes no sense at all, and he's trying to re-focus the blame onto the media.

This is also the second time he's basically taken a direct shot at Dirk through some sort of media. In 2007 he took a very direct, blatant shot at Dirk and his leadership during the 2006 Finals.

So I, personally, am done qualify my dislike for him. He's an ignorant cry baby as far as I'm concerned.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-11-2011 at 02:02 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #67
pkdumas
Golden Member

Is there any way to merge the other thread into this one? Didn't mean to start two.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #68
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard the Wade Hatred train, thig. Nice to have you! It's about time!
Old 06-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #69
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

LOL at wade acting like it was a social experiment on the media.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #70
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dero View Post
I think they deleted that thread.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #71
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'd be curious to get LDub's take on this whole thing. He's always had the opinion that Wade was a really stand up dude off the court that handled himself well. So he didn't have the level of hate for him that others have.

And on some level, I semi-agreed with him. For the most part, Wade is a laid back guy that carries himself well with the media. His on-court demeanor and game is nauseating, but so its Chris Paul's, and I think Chris Paul is freaking awesome.

Fast forward to this, though...I dunno. Ultimately this isn't a big deal, but Dirk is 100% correct to call it ignorant and childish, and now Wade is playing the persecution card. His answer makes no sense at all, and he's trying to re-focus the blame onto the media.

This is also the second time he's basically taken a direct shot at Dirk through some sort of media. In 2007 he took a very direct, blatant shot at Dirk and his leadership during the 2006 Finals.

So I, personally, am done qualify my dislike for him. He's an ignorant cry baby as far as I'm concerned.
I still can't put him on the same level of disdain I have for LeBron, but yeah, this incident has soured me on his off-court personality. I don't think it was done out of malice, but it seems to me that he is genuinely insecure with how this series is going and how Dirk is showing the Heat up on crunch-time. And I think it's pretty pathetic that a dude with Wade's pedigree would have that kind of insecurity.

The biggest thing for me, though, is who he was making fun of. And it's not because I'm a Dirk fan. I just think it's particularly pathetic to take a knock at a guy who's nothing but a professional and has never done the same to you. If DeShawn had been sick and Wade and James were play-coughing to mock him, that'd be one thing. DeShawn's come after them several times and it'd be all part of the back and forth. But to question the professionalism of a guy who is nothing but a professional all the time....that doesn't speak well of your motivations or your character.

As for his reaction to it now and trying to blame it on the media, that's just nonsense. It's politician-like spin. He comes off like anyone else who immediately realized they did something stupid and is trying to squirm out of responsibility for it. I've got no respect for that. Man up.

But probably the biggest thing I take away from it has nothing to do with any of the Heat guys. It just makes me appreciate Dirk even more. He'd never do something like that. Hell, even in retaliation, all he said was it was childish. He could have pointed out that Wade milks the hell out of every injury. But he basically did the absolute minimum to stand up for himself, then moved on. Good for him, and totally expected.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #72
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Wade is a cunt. Period.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #73
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Difference between wade and lebron off the court - Lebron is still an entitled child/brat and has no filter/no sense of what is right/wrong. I almost pity the guy. As Simmons wrote (I think it was simmons) it wasn't so much that the Decision was a bad idea (which it was), it's that Lebron had no idea it could even be remotely considered a bad idea.

Wade has an image he maintains for the media. He's slick. But when you catch him away from a press conference or formal TV interview (ie in game time or in the video above (where we see him for real)), he is a colossal douche.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #74
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Difference between wade and lebron off the court - Lebron is still an entitled child/brat and has no filter/no sense of what is right/wrong. I almost pity the guy. As Simmons wrote (I think it was simmons) it wasn't so much that the Decision was a bad idea (which it was), it's that Lebron had no idea it could even be remotely considered a bad idea.

Wade has an image he maintains for the media. He's slick. But when you catch him away from a press conference or formal TV interview (ie in game time or in the video above (where we see him for real)), he is a colossal douche.
Wade is definitely a weasel. In a way, I think he's worse than LBJ.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #75
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I definitely hate wade more than lebron. But it could just be I've been hating him for longer. Was neutral on lebron before the decision.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #76
CadBane
Banned

Yeah, I hate Wade much more as well. LBJ makes me laugh with his stupidity. Wade makes me hate him.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #77
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

It's blowing up over on espn site. Over 3000 comments and most just ripping Wade and Lebron. A few heat fans trying to defend it and calling everyone haters. Someone needs to point Stern over there to see what the masses think of his darlings.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #78
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Lord:

For the sake of sportsmanship, the game of basketball, and man's humanity to man please do not let these guys (DWade and LeBron) ever win an NBA championship.

Amen
Old 06-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #79
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly, i would not have imagined two "sportsmen" considered amongst the top 5 falling so big. That´s a really big blow for the Heat franchise.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #80
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Dear Lord:

For the sake of sportsmanship, the game of basketball, and man's humanity to man please do not let these guys (DWade and LeBron) ever win an NBA championship.

Amen
+1

P.S. Lord, let's get this shit over with tomorrow for my own sanity, as selfish as that is...
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flopping little bitch, wade=lebronspowerbottom