Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-09-2003, 03:47 PM   #1
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default espn insider: sign and trade still possibility for kidd

i saw this as an insider headline at espn.com, and i didn't see it posted here. if it is posted here, will someone give me a link to where. and if it isn't, will someone post it?
Old 07-09-2003, 04:11 PM   #2
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

i'm not sure this is the right article but here's some that pertains to the Mavs.

"There remains a chance Kidd and Zo hook up in Dallas, though the sign-and-trade deal to give Jason the max and satisfy salary-cap stipulations -- I won't bore you with the details -- would require around $27 million worth of contracts to change hands. That means, for example, Kidd and Dikembe Mutombo head to Dallas and the Mavs have to send Steve Nash, Raef LaFrentz, Tariq Abdul-Wahad and two other players of the Eduardo Najera or Avery Johnson pay-level to New Jersey. But let's say the Nets are willing to swallow all those poison-pill contracts -- LaFrentz making $9 million or more through the 2007-08 season and Tariq owed more than $6 million for the next three seasons -- rather than come up empty. Unless you're Mark Cuban or one of his disciples, Dirk, Kidd, Fin and Zo still can't goose you quite the way Duncan, Kidd, Zo and Ginobili (or Parker) does."
Old 07-10-2003, 12:25 PM   #3
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I like that lineup. If you could squeeze Jefferson out of the nets hands then I am definitely on board. Insert Pippen

Kidd/nick
Finley/Bell
Pippen/Howard
Dirk/
ZO/Deke
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote