Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-26-2004, 12:41 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default God grief I continue to be so ashamed of myself.

For once voting for this ridiculous man.

Quote:
Carter also stressed that he would like the United States to be more generous to impoverished people around the world in order to “break down the enormous and growing barrier between rich people and poor people.”

“Justice, peace, freedom, democracy, human rights, environmental quality and the alleviation of suffering — that’s what I would propose that every American, and not just Democrats and not just Republicans, work to achieve as a well-deserved reputation for America,” he said.

Carter responded to personal question as well. He said his two favorite movies are “Casablanca” and “Fahrenheit 9/11.”
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2004, 12:56 AM   #2
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:God grief I continue to be so ashamed of myself.

I don't know about "Fahrenheit 9/11" as a favorite movie but I see nothing wrong with that in particular.

“Justice, peace, freedom, democracy, human rights, environmental quality and the alleviation of suffering — that’s what I would propose that every American, and not just Democrats and not just Republicans, work to achieve as a well-deserved reputation for America,”

Aren't these the types of things that every 'Christian' should be striving for? If America were to somehow develop that type of reputation, what could you possibly say that's negative about that?

I don't know if Carter has the sheer Machiavellian character in him that it takes to lead a powerful nation but I've seen nothing in his conduct in his private life that led me to believe that Carter is anything but a wonderful man. Frankly, I wish there were more men like him. Maybe not as president but certainly as the guy next door.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 01:11 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: God grief I continue to be so ashamed of myself.

Maybe a wonderful man, a complete cluster as a president. Maybe I should say a 1000 hail mary's or something for penance...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 01:40 AM   #4
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:God grief I continue to be so ashamed of myself.

If your catholic then ok. Otherwise there's no real point.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote