Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2016, 03:45 PM   #1
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
LOL, we're going to end up with Tyson again, aren't we?
Tyson Chandler and Ricky Rubio.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:53 PM   #2
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
Tyson Chandler and Ricky Rubio.
I'm sure this will be wildly unpopular around these parts but I think Rubio is a better long-term option than Conley, considering both players' ages and the fact that Conley is going to cost about $10M more per year.

Rubio is four years younger than Conley. He's arguably the best defensive point guard in the league (advances stats darling, also typically near the league lead in steals). The drawbacks with him are obviously his health (that I think would be less of a factor with a much better training staff here... Minnesota can't ever seem to keep their veterans healthy) and his considerable shooting/turnover issues. All of that said though... he's still freaking 26 and on an awesome contract (3 years left totaling about $43M) with the current cap! Again, a big issue there is that I don't think we have the assets to trade for him unless Minnesota just wants to salary dump him. I'd guess they won't unless they sign a big-time free agent or two, because they'll need his ~$14M just to hit the salary floor.

Considering the dearth of available point guards this summer, Rubio would be manna from heaven.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:25 AM   #3
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'm sure this will be wildly unpopular around these parts but I think Rubio is a better long-term option than Conley, considering both players' ages and the fact that Conley is going to cost about $10M more per year.

Rubio is four years younger than Conley. He's arguably the best defensive point guard in the league (advances stats darling, also typically near the league lead in steals). The drawbacks with him are obviously his health (that I think would be less of a factor with a much better training staff here... Minnesota can't ever seem to keep their veterans healthy) and his considerable shooting/turnover issues. All of that said though... he's still freaking 26 and on an awesome contract (3 years left totaling about $43M) with the current cap! Again, a big issue there is that I don't think we have the assets to trade for him unless Minnesota just wants to salary dump him. I'd guess they won't unless they sign a big-time free agent or two, because they'll need his ~$14M just to hit the salary floor.

Considering the dearth of available point guards this summer, Rubio would be manna from heaven.
I would be perfectly fine with him and the TO do no bother me. As long as we have guys that can SCORE on the floor, Ive always had a soft spot for Rubio. But can the mavs swing it somehow is the question. AND would he be that much of an upgrade over Deron.(most likely, especially defense)

And if they were looking his way, it would make sense to max parsons. But you know, swinging for the fences here we go again.

Rubio/Barea/Felton
Wes/Harris
Parsons/Anderson
Dirk/Parsons/Powell
?/Mejri/AJ

Itd be hard to convince a Tier 1 center here. Parsons would have to be on the cruit'n trail

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-25-2016 at 12:27 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote