Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #321
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
What the hell happened to Kawahi? He was a solid as a rock player that the team could count on for anything/everything and they were going to crown him as their leader for the next decade. The dude just seriously nose-dived into diva-superstar territory out of the blue. I hate this because I really liked the guy and don't want to see him fail after all of this crap.

It's the curse of the Bananaboat.

"all ye who sit upon the throne of the Bananaboat are condemned to a life of villainy and diva-ness"
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #322
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
If Kawhi doesn't show up he can be fined for every missed game and every missed practice and lose his entire paycheck for the year
I think it may even push back his FA status by a year. He'll show up. We'll see if he gives 100% or if he forces a deadline deal.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #323
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:46 PM   #324
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Smart looks to be getting 4yrs/50mil

Mavs nowhere in sight despite rumors
Old 07-18-2018, 09:38 PM   #325
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
League's trade memo on Kawhi has been sent to teams. Includes one final tidbit: the Spurs are sending Toronto $5M in cash (almost the maximum they can send for the year) as part of the deal. Meant to cover tax hit linked to Kawhi's trade kicker, but still...
-Lowe
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/sta...62309097549831

Good lord they didn't get any real young talent, the pick is heavily protected AND they gave nearly all their cash away that they can send for the season. I mean... I guess this keeps the Spurs from bottoming out for a year or 2 but as presently constructed I think all this does is delay the inevitable tear down of the Spurs.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:08 PM   #326
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I guess this keeps the Spurs from bottoming out for a year or 2 but as presently constructed I think all this does is delay the inevitable tear down of the Spurs.
I read somewhere that Pop is only planning to coach a couple more years and has NO interest in a rebuild. He wants to be competitive to the end
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:21 PM   #327
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

I think people are really understanding Derozen and what he’s going to bring to the Spurs. Jakob Poeltl could also be huge for the Spurs. He fits their system perfectly.

Mills
Derozen
Gay
Aldridge
Poeltl

That’s a very good starting lineup. When you consider that they finished as the 7th seed without Leonard in the lineup all season this starting 5 is much better than last year’s. Pop will also coach them up. There’s a very good chance they end up as the 3 seed in the West.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:37 AM   #328
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
I think people are really understanding Derozen and what he’s going to bring to the Spurs. Jakob Poeltl could also be huge for the Spurs. He fits their system perfectly.

Mills
Derozen
Gay
Aldridge
Poeltl

That’s a very good starting lineup. When you consider that they finished as the 7th seed without Leonard in the lineup all season this starting 5 is much better than last year’s. Pop will also coach them up. There’s a very good chance they end up as the 3 seed in the West.
I see literally zero plus defenders though. I'm not even sure how many of them qualify as even average defenders. And outside of Mills where is the 3pt shooting?
Old 07-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #329
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

serious question - How soon could Raptors trade Leonard?
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #330
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Now allready....he didnt sign a new contract etc
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:31 PM   #331
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

In essence, this could act like a 3-team trade if Toronto suddenly decides to move him to LA for players/assets. This would likely piss off SA if they wanted him out of the west but at the same time theoretically make Kawhi happy if that is truly where he wants to end up with ... with Lebron already signed there.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #332
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn:

Oklahoma City has agreed to trade Carmelo Anthony and a protected 2022 first-round pick to Atlanta for point guard Dennis Schroder and Mike Muscala, league sources tell ESPN. Anthony will be waived, and he will join team of his choice. Rockets are frontrunner.

Sources: Muscala ($5M) is likely headed for a third team in near future. OKC GM Sam Presti and coach Billy Donovan were given permission to talk with Schroder, and they're enthusiastic about partnership. OKC wants more speed, another ball handler.

Tremendous save for OKC: Thunder get massive salary and luxury tax savings -- nearly $100M -- w/o stretching Anthony's $28M. That deal would've left $9M-plus on books next three years, so Schroder $15.5M per year becomes bargain -- and an asset that could stay or be traded again.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #333
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Westbrook when Schröder asks for the ball next year...

Pick probably so high protected that it convert to 2nd round crap...

Last edited by sefant77; 07-19-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #334
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I can't believe Atlanta did that. Just shows that smart GMs over the cap can make moves. And yet, the Mavs can't trade Matthews for a bag of beans.

Of course, that's the GM who wanted Young with the 3rd pick, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #335
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Wow, I can't believe Atlanta did that. Just shows that smart GMs over the cap can make moves. And yet, the Mavs can't trade Matthews for a bag of beans.

Of course, that's the GM who wanted Young with the 3rd pick, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me.
Atlanta REALLY wanted to move Schroder I guess. That's the only answer I can come up with
Old 07-19-2018, 04:39 PM   #336
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

3 team deal?

Longtime NBA scribe Mitch Lawrence had reported Wednesday that the Oklahoma City Thunder and Atlanta Hawks were in talks on a deal that would send Anthony, a 10-time All-Star forward who had an up-and-down season in his lone campaign in Oklahoma City, to Georgia in a deal that would amount to a roster- and cap-sheet-clearing move for both sides. The news came down Thursday afternoon from ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski and Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that they’d put the finishing touches on what turned out to be a three-team deal involving the Philadelphia 76ers. The full trade:

• Anthony, forward Justin Anderson and a lottery-protected 2022 first-round pick go to Atlanta, with Anthony getting bought out to enter unrestricted free agency;

• Point guard Dennis Schröder and wing Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot go to Oklahoma City;

• Big man Mike Muscala heads to Philly.

When Anthony’s buyout is completed, he’ll hit the free market, and be able to join any team he chooses. It’s been widely reported that the Houston Rockets, who lost forwards Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah a Moute, will be the frontrunners for his services.

This post will be updated.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #337
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Atlanta REALLY wanted to move Schroder I guess. That's the only answer I can come up with
I know they weren't going to get fair dollar for Dennis, but taking on Melo makes absolutely no sense. Cuban needs to take notes to take advantage of crappy gms.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:55 PM   #338
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Cuban needs to take notes to take advantage of crappy gms.
To paraphrase an old expression "if you look around a room and can't see a crappy gm, you’re it"
Old 07-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #339
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Justin Anderson is still in the league?

Hmmm
Old 07-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #340
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@CBSSports: Imagine you had a friend who didn’t watch the NBA for two years, and you had to get them up to speed... https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status...78575599276032

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:42 AM   #341
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@CBSSports: Imagine you had a friend who didn’t watch the NBA for two years, and you had to get them up to speed... https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status...78575599276032
Damn, I forget all that's happened until you see it like that. Excellent job, CBS Sports!
Old 07-20-2018, 12:28 PM   #342
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/stat...747840/photo/1
Old 07-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #343
sefant77
Guru

Beasley to the Lakers

I really think its all an epic troll move...
Old 07-20-2018, 05:02 PM   #344
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Beasley to the Lakers

I really think its all an epic troll move...
Don't worry, LeBron will somehow share his BBIQ and his all-derp starting lineup will somehow become basketball super geniuses
Old 07-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #345
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Lakers really seem like a band of misfits now. Lebron is getting all the spare parts and no pieces. I probably would have liked Beasley to OKC more. He is a poor fit with either team but Westbrook's toughness could have had a good influence on him. Right now he is in the league with an expiration deadline looming.

Will be awesome to follow Lakers this season. Rondo or Lonzo will be gone before next summer. It may very well be that Rondo was signed for the salary gap filler with either Kuzma/Ball/Ingram + Rondo for Kawhi. I see no other reason why Magic gave him that contract, other than possibly mentor Lonzo.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:01 AM   #346
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Bjelica reneged on the Sixers to sign with the Kings as well. Three years, 20.5 million...holy crap that is an overpay.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:39 AM   #347
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
what should I name her ? #mynewtoy

Nearly fell out of my chair.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:12 AM   #348
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bjelica reneged on the Sixers to sign with the Kings as well. Three years, 20.5 million...holy crap that is an overpay.
Kings gonna king. They just can’t help themselves
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:41 PM   #349
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@ShamsCharania: Free agent center Alex Len is finalizing a deal with the Atlanta Hawks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:42 PM   #350
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@ShamsCharania: Free agent center Alex Len is finalizing a deal with the Atlanta Hawks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
@Rrlewis2: The qualifying offer streak continues...

Spencer Hawes remains the only player to re-sign with a team after accepting a qualifying offer from the same team the year before.

Hawes accepted a 2-year $13.1M deal w/ the 76ers in 2012, a year after accepting his $4.1M QO w/ Philly

@Rrlewis2: The QO points back to Clint Capela for me. If he signs his $4.7M qualifying offer — history suggests his career in Houston would be over after next season

Opening up a golden opportunity for many teams (including the #Mavs) to try sign him outright to a max contract next summer

Old 07-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #351
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I just hope it doesn't turn out like last time. Where we chase a better center(Capela) then lose the guy we have(DJ) while doing it and are left signing the equivalent of Dalembert or trading for a Zaza type player.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:13 PM   #352
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I just hope it doesn't turn out like last time. Where we chase a better center(Capela) then lose the guy we have(DJ) while doing it and are left signing the equivalent of Dalembert or trading for a Zaza type player.
Yeah....i give him the offer and maximum like one hour to decide before i pull it and go back to DJ.

But hell, the second Capela tries to give Morey the QO, Morey is going to fold like a little bitch and pay him.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:10 AM   #353
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Carmelo, a player who made the Thunder worse by being on the roster, will somehow make the Rockets better after signing with them in the coming days.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #354
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin Love signs 4yr/$120mil extension w/ Cavs.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #355
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Trade bait.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:06 AM   #356
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Wow, really? Would you any of you want Love at 30 mil a season?

Old 07-24-2018, 11:07 AM   #357
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kinda figured they'd trade him or waive him and start over.

That contract is absolutely terrible. Cleveland going back to being terrible.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:15 AM   #358
sefant77
Guru

Sure its too high but Cleveland dont want to tear it down. Love provides veteran leadership and floor spacing for Sexton.

Hill/JR/Korvers total of 42m in 19-20 are just guaranteed for 12m, so i expect they are going to waive them all next summer and they try to get another young star. And in 2020 TT and Clarkson are gone too.

Last edited by sefant77; 07-24-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:51 PM   #359
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
Wow, really? Would you any of you want Love at 30 mil a season?
Love is a really good player on bad teams.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:02 PM   #360
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Love is a really good player on bad teams.
He's a perennial contender alongside Melo for First Team All-NBA Empty Stats.