Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default making me save .php files?

Anyone else getting this? I'm using firefox 3.5.3 and every once in a while DM.com stops working and when I click something it asks me where I want to save "newthread.php" or "viewthread.php" or something of the sort.

Is it just me? Any tech-heads know how to fix it if it is just me?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 03:18 AM   #2
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I have been getting it for a while. I blamed it, like everything else that goes wrong with my computer, on running linux.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Noticing the time of your post, it looks like it probably happened during the nightly server down time. Pretty much every night at around 11:10 (I think that's the time) the server stops responding for a couple minutes.

As to why it asks you to download the file, my guess would be that you got a piece of the php file, but not all of it, and probably not the header. So Firefox doesn't recognize it as a valid php file and assumes it's some unrecognized file type that you probably want to download.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-30-2009 at 07:49 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like a freak occurrence to me, or else something really buggy about the browser itself. I work with PHP code nearly every (work) day of my life and have never been asked by a browser if I want to save a .php file.

And thig is right, it's between 11:10 and 11:16 CST that the server goes down every night.