Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 11-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius View Post
so why isnt a mod creating new threads...
One thread for everything..that's the moto.

I've heard rumors that Dallas-mavs.com is going to eliminate all of the forums and just have one generic thread for everything.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Well...the General NBA discussion thread serves a good purpose, just like the NFL thread.

I often feel like saying "Stupid Celtics just handed the Spurs that game at the end." or something like that, etc.

It doesn't warrant a thread, and maybe a post or two of discussion because it's likely no one else cares.

Just like some random Italian guy most of us have never heard of.
The problem is that there ends up being so many different story lines in a general thread that many, many people stop reading the thread because it's an absolute mess. There isn't a huge issue on this forum of people starting needless threads. Rarely has there ever been a huge problem with this. So, there was basically no good reason to start all of the "general" threads especially for the rest of NBA in a forum dedicated to the rest of the NBA. If you're going to do that, just move the "general" rest of the NBA thread into the Mavs section and close down the forum dedicated to the rest of the NBA.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #43
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Can we get this thread title changed to "Murph's Official Bitching Thread" and move all of his posts and future posts here? It would really clean the board up a lot.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

That is actually very amusing. I'm sure that many of the top members of this forum that no longer want to post regularly because of poor content think that's just a damn fine idea. I know that a few of your little buddies like to sit around and have a big circle jerk from time to time whacking off to idiotic threads such as the ones that you are known to associate with.. But hey, that's fine. It's fine for you and your circle jerking friends to drag the site down. Who really cares? It's just a site that was once great but now resembles a cross between Mavstalk and something you'd see from a bunch of fifth graders. "hey look at my poopie"

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-13-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #45
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think puppies are cute.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-13-2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: I'm doing an experiment
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #47
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I got a snake.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
That is actually very amusing. I'm sure that many of the top members of this forum that no longer want to post regularly because of poor content think that's just a damn fine idea. I know that a few of your little buddies like to sit around and have a big circle jerk from time to time whacking off to idiotic threads such as the ones that you are known to associate with.. But hey, that's fine. It's fine for you and your circle jerking friends to drag the site down. Who really cares? It's just a site that was once great but now resembles a cross between Mavstalk and something you'd see from a bunch of fifth graders. "hey look at my poopie"
It's a forum - if you want better content, then POST IT...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #49
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It's a forum - if you want better content, then POST IT...
Exactly.

For everyone that complained about the ginormous offseason thread...its not as if a bunch of threads were merged into it (I checked) - people just weren't posting.

Be our Brett Favre, Murph.

Be our Brett Favre.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-13-2009 at 11:30 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #50
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Murph just misses his own circle jerk buddies.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #51
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else a little bit amused that all this started over Danilo Gallinari?

By the way, how is the next Dirk doing these days?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #52
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

who?
Old 11-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #53
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Anyone else a little bit amused that all this started over Danilo Gallinari?

By the way, how is the next Dirk doing these days?
Idk, make a thread so we can discuss it..
Old 11-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #54
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
dude, I'd say 99% of your posts the past couple months have been bitching about this. How can you bitch about the quality without contributing yourself? I mean.. lots of people have said this.. I'm not sure how to put it any differently.

I could see, and back up, your bitching if you made 100 related posts trying your hardest to steer the conversation in an intelligent way and then maybe a couple posts saying "hey, c'mon guys".. but now you're just whining.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #55
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I can think of here is that Murph is a professional punk. His nature is to push buttons and see what reactions he gets. The "Murph's value to the board" thread is ancient, so apparently the "top members of this forum that no longer want to post regularly" didn't care much for him either.

In other words, I question whether this hoopla actually has anything to do with the quality of the board. It's probably more about Murph's current effort to piss off the new guys, i.e. anyone who joined after 2003.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
existentialist thread, mytoasterdoesntmakecoffee, thread diarrhea