Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-07-2022, 09:10 AM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Love to see Green playing so well. He's confident and a big credit to JKidd for facilitating that.

I spent plenty of time hammering Reggie. Now it's time to praise him. He has climbed back up into the sniper position. We need him to keep playing how he is in order to be successful.

Luka is pretty good, JB is pretty good.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2022, 09:11 AM   #42
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Can someone tell me how Chriss looked?
He looked solid. I haven't seen his stat line but I'd bet he looked better than the syats show. He fit right in last night.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:30 AM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Can someone tell me how Chriss looked?
Offensively excellent. He was doing what he needed. He moved without the ball to get some assisted layups and at least one oop that I saw. He even hit his first three since January 26th.

His defense is still lacking. He's not super long so he has to move his feet more and his feet just looked slow from time to time, but he's out of position less and less.

Also his rebounding was not great. He doesn't have great size or length on his arms and he just got worked on the boards. Sometimes by our guys like Luka, but I saw a few possessions where he was in position but Stewart just stole the board. Stewart is an elite rebounder so it's kinda understandable but also ending up with 1 reb in 10minutes is not great.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-07-2022 at 10:34 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:38 AM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Watching that game, Jalen Brunson did not look like a star, but that statline is why we need to keep him. He's just one of the quietest, most efficient guys out there.

24-6-3 tonight on an incredible 60% from the field, 50% from three, and 83% from FTs.

We don't win tonight without Brunson, particularly when Luka was so inefficient
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:21 AM   #45
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Watching that game, Jalen Brunson did not look like a star, but that statline is why we need to keep him. He's just one of the quietest, most efficient guys out there.

24-6-3 tonight on an incredible 60% from the field, 50% from three, and 83% from FTs.

Absolutely agree. He’s so quietly good that it’s easy to take him for granted. Brunson and Green really had some timely plays when we were wavering.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:24 AM   #46
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

I'm willing to trade him if we're getting back a legit star, but nothing less.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 01:59 PM   #47
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well you have to keep Brunson as an asset to possible move later on. FO HAS to understand that by now.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:36 PM   #48
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Love to see Green playing so well. He's confident and a big credit to JKidd for facilitating that.

I spent plenty of time hammering Reggie. Now it's time to praise him. He has climbed back up into the sniper position. We need him to keep playing how he is in order to be successful.

Luka is pretty good, JB is pretty good.
Yeah I think some of his issues last year was that Rick just didn't let him play through mistakes.

Kidd seems to give him a longer rope and instill confidence in him.

Now I'm starting to think with these some rookies in recent years like Green and Roby for example did Rick hurt these guys confidence or what doing their rookie years.

It's kind of odd that Roby is playing solid in OKC and Green is playing much better here now.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-07-2022 at 02:36 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:41 PM   #49
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say it again too: Josh turned 21 in November. All of his best ball is in front of him. He is so much more athletic and skilled than Bey. If he can keep that shot solid and his confidence high he will be a cornerstone here. Guys that can move laterally and jump like he can and guard 1-4 are so rare.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 03:00 PM   #50
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I have to say it again too: Josh turned 21 in November. All of his best ball is in front of him. He is so much more athletic and skilled than Bey. If he can keep that shot solid and his confidence high he will be a cornerstone here. Guys that can move laterally and jump like he can and guard 1-4 are so rare.
I still wish we would have drafted Bey or Bane considering we're trying to compete in the playoffs right now and another quality player might have us in the finals. I'll believe Green is as good as either of them when I see it. That being said, I definitely no longer consider it a wasted draft pick. Green has developed into a serviceable NBA role player, and the fact that he is only 21 is very encouraging indeed.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 03:15 PM   #51
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yeah I think some of his issues last year was that Rick just didn't let him play through mistakes.

Kidd seems to give him a longer rope and instill confidence in him.

Now I'm starting to think with these some rookies in recent years like Green and Roby for example did Rick hurt these guys confidence or what doing their rookie years.

It's kind of odd that Roby is playing solid in OKC and Green is playing much better here now.
Always wondered what happened with Tyler Bey. He was tailor made as a mobile 4 in today's league. Then just vanished...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 10:59 AM   #52
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I still wish we would have drafted Bey or Bane considering we're trying to compete in the playoffs right now and another quality player might have us in the finals. I'll believe Green is as good as either of them when I see it. That being said, I definitely no longer consider it a wasted draft pick. Green has developed into a serviceable NBA role player, and the fact that he is only 21 is very encouraging indeed.
I don't think anyone is going to argue that getting Bane (or Maxey but he wasn't as talked about here as much as Bey or Bane) is hindsight would be the best move.

But it is nice to see Green improving and very well could prove as valuable at the above mentioned players ages. 2 years older...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote