Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-11-2003, 10:47 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default WOODSON SOUNDS OFF ON FANS

WOODSON SOUNDS OFF ON FANS: Safety Darren Woodson took a mild jab at Cowboys fans while talking about the prospect of playing in front of a raucous crowd in New York.

"The one thing you have is that other team's crowds get in the game," Woodson said. "I wish our guys would get in the game a little bit."
Old 09-11-2003, 10:50 PM   #2
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road
Default RE: WOODSON SOUNDS OFF ON FANS

I wish that they would give us something to get in the game about.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:53 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs_afroman
Speaks for us all.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:54 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs_afroman
Good comment.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 11:20 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Atleast, we do not cheer when an opposing team's player gets hurt. I still remember when philli crowds cheered when Michael Irwin was injured.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:34 AM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

You go to a cowboy game and its so quiet. Its like going to see the colonial its so quiet. I agree while they haven't had anything to cheer about in five or six years but we were spoiled in the early 90's over a 100 wins three superbowls come on it can't get better then that. Root , Root for the home team, if they don't win its a shame. I thought although they lost on sunday it was pretty damn exciting i get pumped. Maybe if the lower deck wasn't full of CEOs that can't name half the team maybe the crowds would get rowdy.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 09:37 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

for the most part, cowboys fans have always been to quiet at the games...well, at least the past 15-20 years
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 09:39 AM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

saints fans and philly fans have traditionally been loud, even if the team sucks. with the saints, people bought tickets so they could go to games and wear bags on their heads (hell yeah! the baghead rocks!) and boo the home team. but at least they were loud.

i'm seeing the same thing here in nashville. this town is big into the titans, and the games are LOUD. the titans were not as good recently, but the fans were still loud every game.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:04 PM   #9
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

Cowboys fans.............atleast your NOT as bad as Viking fans, in which the Metrodome has to PUMP in crowd noise through speakers to actually make the place LOUD.

Now that's bad.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:42 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know if Woody was describing the fans. I read it and it seemed like he was describing the Cowboys plays as "guys".

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 04:49 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

FFM- he isn't referring to our players...he is referring to our hometown fans.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 04:52 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
FFM- he isn't referring to our players...he is referring to our hometown fans.

I was just asking because it looks as if his quote was taken out of context. I thought the guy was saying the NY fans get into the game and he wishes his teammates would get in the game.

1996-2005
Old 09-12-2003, 06:02 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

FFM, it's a possibility that you're correct... i believe that woodson was talking about the cowboy's fans..but, i can see your POV.
Woodson didn't really word his statement in a clear manner, so I can see how differences in translation could occur
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 06:16 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
FFM, it's a possibility that you're correct... i believe that woodson was talking about the cowboy's fans..but, i can see your POV.
Woodson didn't really word his statement in a clear manner, so I can see how differences in translation could occur
Yea, I question the statement because I know Woody is a classy guy and IMO that is a classless statement. What really threw me off was him referring to the fans as "guys".

1996-2005
Old 09-12-2003, 10:49 PM   #15
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: NYCdog
Cowboys fans.............atleast your NOT as bad as Viking fans, in which the Metrodome has to PUMP in crowd noise through speakers to actually make the place LOUD.

Now that's bad.
That is bad, maybe Texas Stadium should try that some time.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:19 AM   #16
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Often the booing works better than the cheering to make the guys (players) "get in the game a little bit". And booing is a good way for disappointed guys (fans) to "get in the game a little bit" too, and funnier than the speakers.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:17 PM   #17
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Often the booing works better than the cheering to make the guys (players) "get in the game a little bit". And booing is a good way for disappointed guys (fans) to "get in the game a little bit" too,
Ohh...........so that's why the PHILLY fans always "boo" so much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Makes sense.

But then again, I've known PHILLY fans to even "boo" Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?

So what gives? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2003, 12:52 AM   #18
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ohh...........so that's why the PHILLY fans always "boo" so much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Makes sense.

But then again, I've known PHILLY fans to even "boo" Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?

So what gives? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
City of brotherly love my ass. I'm still pissed off when they cheered when Irvin got injured horribly.

MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote