Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default What??????

Anyone watching the cincinatti game? That was one of if not the worst call I have ever seen just because it was on a review. There is no way in hell that you can review that and call it a fumble. The official should be gone now. This should be his last game. I dont even like the texans and I do like the Bengals but good Lord that is just embarrassing.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What??????

Didn't see it. I've got St. Louis-NYG on right now. I'll switch over real quick....still showing it? They are on commercial break.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

oooooh.....they just showed it again. That was clearly forward motion on Carr's arm. No way a fumble should have been called there.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

The announcers couldn't believe it either. That's the old tuck rule call made famous in the NE-OAK playoff game.

Good job on the fast post five-O [img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 03:00 PM   #5
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:What??????

Its hilarious the announcers are like so the texans will get the ball back. They will have one timeout and they still have time. The cincy fans start booing the official as he walks out knowing that it will get overturned. The official comes out, the ruling on the field stands it was a fumble. Not no incontravertible visual evidence. No he said it was a fumble, and he was extremely wrong. He should be fired. How do you not call that a pass?
Old 10-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #6
Five-ofan
Guru

Default RE:What??????

Oh well they will get an apology from the NFL in the next couple of weeks and we all know that makes it better. Btw the officials said that the ball was already out of his hand when it went forward. I could have lived with that if it was only on the live ruling but on the replay it was obvious that he still had it. Also the usual well they have to do it in real time excuse doesnt work. He had slow motion replay. He just blew the call. I hate when people bring up fixes but honestly that is the only way that he could have made that ruling. Not saying I think it was a fix but geez it was horrible.

On an officiating and review note, the Texas game yesterday was horribly officiated. I mean if your gonna go nuts on calling holding on one team lets call it when the other team tackles said teams all american DT from behind. Especially when its out in space and everyone can see it. Not to mention the first touchdown which was actually pretty obvious in real time but definitely should have been reviewed. The second one I would have called incomplete but I have seen much less possession than that called a Td. (IE the Jabar Gaffney play against Tennessee a couple of years ago.)
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #7
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

The lions also got screwed by the refs, 2 feet and possession should be a catch. Especially when both refs originally called it a TD, there’s no way they had enough visual evidence to overturn it.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote