Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NFL Week 4 Thread

Holy moley....San Diego is beating the crap out of New England....41-17

The Bengals just beat Houston and are now 4-0....their best start since 1988. wow.

That fumble call was bunk....the replays are pretty clear.

The NY Giants look awfully good. Manning and Burress are really starting to mesh.

New Orelans beat Buffalo in San Antonio. Does that sound odd to anyone else?

Waco native Ladanian Tomlinson is arguably the best player in the NFL. wow.

Detroit still sucks (lost to TB)

Stinking Redskins beat Seattle in OT.

COME ON DALLAS...BEAT OAKLAND!!!!!!!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2005, 12:25 AM   #2
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all
Default RE: NFL Week 4 Thread

Anyone watch MNF? Farve almost single handily brought back the Packers after they were down 19. He's still one of the best qb's in the league and was simply magic in the 4th quarter. He had a line filled with benchwarmers, and didn't have his top 3 weapons (green, bubba, walker). The Packers would have won the game or at the very least gone into overtime if Driver didn't drop the ball on 4th down or the backup TE didn't drop the ball on 3rd down despite having no one anywhere near him.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:37 AM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: NFL Week 4 Thread

Farve is the most over hyped player in the league. I didn't even watch the game because I couldn't stand to listen to Madden perform an act of great admiration on an 0-3 quarterback. I did catch the last two plays and the cornerback made a good play...it's not like Driver just dropped the ball.

...and how can a quarterback single handedly bring a team back? Those no name receivers must have been getting open and that line of bench warmers much have protected him. If he's capable of single-handedly bringing the team to within 3, then single handedly score that last seven. No, when he fails it's somebody else’s fault.

not directed at you #1, this is just my pet peeve about the prais heaped on QB's...especially Farve.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:42 AM   #4
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:NFL Week 4 Thread

Favre was a great qb. He is now nothing special. He still has the occasional magic in his arm but he hasnt been one of the top qbs in the league for the last couple of years. Pretty much since he started talking about retiring he hasnt been one of the best.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:43 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

maybe if the packers actually have a running game and play some defense..

how many attempts is brett averaging this season

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:10 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Farve is the most over hyped player in the league. I didn't even watch the game because I couldn't stand to listen to Madden perform an act of great admiration on an 0-3 quarterback. I did catch the last two plays and the cornerback made a good play...it's not like Driver just dropped the ball.

...and how can a quarterback single handedly bring a team back? Those no name receivers must have been getting open and that line of bench warmers much have protected him. If he's capable of single-handedly bringing the team to within 3, then single handedly score that last seven. No, when he fails it's somebody else’s fault.

not directed at you #1, this is just my pet peeve about the prais heaped on QB's...especially Farve.
D2K, is this just a criticism of Favre this year, or is this how you feel about your career in general? Because I've watched him for a long time, and my estimation of him has gone from careless, foolish mistake maker--with a great deal of dislike thrown in--to now a tremendous respect for his gamebreaking abilities.

I think you misinterpret "singlehandedly." Of course there has to be another person on the receiving end of that pass, and of course the QB has to remain on his feet long enough to throw it. But the point would be that there are a whole hell of a lot of quarterbacks who wouldn't perform in that situation, yet Favre did.

I've thought for the last three or four years that Brett Favre is the guy I would take first of all if I was drafting a quarterback from the entire league. Not Manning, not McNabb. If I was drafting for this one year, not for the future, I'd take Favre.

He is a SINGULAR talent.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm probably not the most objective judge of his talent since I don't like him. It probably dates back to the Cowboy/Packer battles of the early 90's when Aikman, the steady handed winner, was generally considered to be inferior the Farve, the gambler who would make a play to kill his own team shortly after the play to kill his opponent. I’m objective enough to realize that back then he made more of the former than the latter. Over the years the ratio of good to bad plays has grown smaller while the media admiration continues to grow. I realize why that is but it just irritates me to no end. I can't tell you how happy it's making me to see him and the Packers go down in flames.

...for the record I hate Joe Montana too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #8
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
...and how can a quarterback single handedly bring a team back? Those no name receivers must have been getting open and that line of bench warmers much have protected him.
The receivers were almost never even close to being open, he zipped passes into tight double teams but put them where no one but his guy had a chance at them. And his so called line did absoulutely nothing, he was running like a mad man back there trying to avoid Peppers while his line was just standing around watching him do his thing.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote