Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This asskicking deserves a watch - Part Deaux

Phoenix - 110
Milwaukee - 132

No Buck scored more than 20 except Redd.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Noone wants to gloat on the suns misfortune?

No mo Amare....no mo defense.....I am loving this.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, I thought they were great with Nash, and bad with out Nash. Huh.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

It's a wacky world out there...

The Suns were actually up at the half, 62-58, then the Bucks promptly out-scored them by 20 (46-26) in the 3rd. 46 points in a quarter...man.

That's some porous defense son...er, Suns.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-29-2006 at 09:56 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Meltdown.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #6
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

11 three-pointers in the 3rd. quarter. That's whacked defense at work.

Amare didn't play because of stiffness and pain in the knee.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

NASH FOR MVP!
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
NASH FOR MVP!
I respectfully disagree aexchange. Though Nash has been great, his performance this year has been greatly overshadowed by the under-hyped and humble Amare Stoudemire. Personally, I'd give the MVP award to Amare, hands down. He has obviously earned it...riddle me this:

Amare comes back from his injury and plays against both the Trailblazers and the Nuggets. Subsequently, the Suns win two straight.

Then...D'Antoni makes the colossal error of playing 'Black Jesus' only 14 minutes on 3/27 against the Nets. Result? The Suns lose by an astounding 38 points. That's what you get when you sit the MVP.

THEN...Amare sits out of the Suns' 3/28 game against the NBA powerhouse Milwaukee Bucks. Result? The Suns lose by a jaw-dropping 22 points.

Amare is the reason this ship is afloat...he has earned this year's MVP. And he will win it next year too...and then the next year...into perpetuity.

Well, he will as soon as he comes back from his knee injury...
Old 03-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

I'm thinking he meant that sarcastically.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #10
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I'm thinking he meant that sarcastically.
But I am dead serious about Amare deserving the MVP

Edit:

As dead as the ligaments in Amare's knee I guess...

...too soon?

Last edited by orangedays; 03-29-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:34 PM   #11
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
But I am dead serious about Amare deserving the MVP

Edit:

As dead as the ligaments in Amare's knee I guess...

...too soon?
I believe Amare's problem is his meniscus.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:30 PM   #12
orangedays
Platinum Member

No Stoudemire means no title (Linkage)
By Scott Bordow, Tribune Columnist
March 29, 2006

It seemed too good to be true. It was. AmarĂ© Stoudemire will miss the rest of the Suns’ road trip, possibly the rest of the season, and just like that, an NBA championship is about to slip through Phoenix’s hands again.
What a shame.

There will be, from some corners, an immediate and thorough flogging of the Suns. How could they risk Stoudemire’s future by playing him when he wasn’t healthy?

Answer: They didn’t. First of all, Stoudemire’s left knee was pronounced structurally sound in the most recent MRI the team took. Second, the Suns let Stoudemire decide when he would return. Some team officials, in fact, thought Stoudemire could have played earlier than last week, but they weren’t about to bite the hand that’s going to feed them the next 10 years or so. Had Stoudemire insisted on sitting out the season, the Suns would have gritted their teeth — and muttered privately — but backed their superstar. What it comes down to is this: Unless Stoudemire reinjured the knee by playing the last three games — and there’s no indication he did — little harm has been done.

Stoudemire took a shot, it didn’t work, and now the Suns might have to wait until October to see No. 32 in uniform again.

Perhaps we should have seen this coming. Basketball players don’t fully recover from microfracture surgery in just six months, particularly those who play above the rim, as Stoudemire does.

But we were seduced by Stoudemire scoring 20 points in 19 minutes against the Portland Trail Blazers last Thursday. We thought he’d encounter a few bumps in the road but, by the postseason, be a reasonable facsimile of the player who so dominated the San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference finals last year.

We were wrong.

Stoudemire’s knees couldn’t handle the workload or the stress. And now he’s back on the bench.

At this point, the Suns should shut Stoudemire down for good. It’s clear his knee needs further rehabilitation. Let him rest over the summer and come back next season with a stable joint and a hostile attitude.

In addition, Stoudemire’s uncertain status from one game to the next would only hurt the Suns come the playoffs. And it makes no sense to sit him down the next couple weeks, then try to mesh him into a playoff-caliber team with only a handful of regularseason games remaining.

Stoudemire is not a nominal role player, someone who can flit in and out of the rotation without consequence. The adjustment would have been overwhelming for coach Mike D’Antoni and the players.

Unfortunately, Stoudemire’s loss means the Suns will have a mini-me lineup in the postseason. Kurt Thomas isn’t expected back until the second round, if then, so Boris Diaw is your starting center.

Diaw has had a terrific season — he’s hands down the NBA’s Most Improved Player — but he’s not a center, and as San Antonio and New Jersey recently proved, Phoenix can be overwhelmed inside.

Three weeks ago, the Suns thought they were a championship-caliber team. Thomas was giving them terrific defense inside, and Stoudemire was readying for his return. D’Antoni had lineup combinations dancing in his head. He could go big, with Thomas, Stoudemire and Shawn Marion, or small and quick with Diaw, Stoudemire and Marion.

Now, his options are gone.

And so are the Suns’ title hopes.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-29-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:31 PM   #13
orangedays
Platinum Member

Just for the record...I was joking about the whole "Amare for MVP" thing. I just thought this was a funny (and not well-thought out) article about Amare, the Suns, and the NBA Title.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

NASH FOR MVP!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #15
orangedays
Platinum Member

And he's not kidding
Old 03-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #16
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I dont want to gloat about Amare being out... thats terrible. Am I the only one who enjoyed watching the guy play? I'm going to miss his game... well except against the mavs cuz really he would KILL us if he was his old self but really that surgery had me down for a long time about how great he could have been.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote